• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Ashes of the Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
THIS PROJECT IS NOW Paused until i get where i was before.
REASON: HARDWARE UPGRADE WINDOWS DIDN'T RECOGNISE ANYTHING I HAD TO FORMAT AND NOW I LOST EVERYTHING ALL MY MAPS AND STUFF (LIKE WORLD OF AZEROTH) WILL BE CANCELLED SINCE I LOST EVERYTHING on it.
I really didn't expect having to format i was like wtf and then like omg i lost everything

33dgl6t.png

Darklycan51 Presents

Ashes Of the Lord
Well it's a Project that will be a modification of warcraft 3 the frozen throne and will add more stuff to the game.
and editor.
5 main steps.
1st. People joining and helping the mod . (it may take up to 1 week).
2nd.Release of first info,Lore,Pics.(after the week in this step it may also take 1 week).
3rd. Starting to make campaign/melee maps and update the thread all time with more info.
4th. Posting what will be the New stuff added to help map makers Make 100% better online maps . . . . And this step will also recruit new members that will help with testing the Custom PvPgn of the mod.

5th Releasing The First Alpha of the Mod.

After this the thread will keep updating with new changes and everything
i will try to add a custom auto updater to the warcraft mod so people wont get fatals because of different game version files.

Expect thread updates soon. if i get enough time i may speed up everything in the mod though it will have lot of closed testing . until i can release an Alpha of the game. i may only give the mod to hive mods to ensure it wont get leaked.

------------------------
if you want to post any lore stuff please if it's going to be a discusion make sure it wont last like 30 pages because i'm not going to read 30 pages of walls of text. and if you really want to help unify your ideas and then you can post them.
------------------------
warcraft mod will be released in English and no other language. (though it isn't my native one, just following Hives Rules).
-----------------------
the map will have A custom Campaign for every Race (4 Melee Playable Races). and 2-4 Extra campaign playable ones.
-----------------------
the mod WILL be ended so no need to worry i'm not those guys who leave their Projects.
-----------------------
day 1: Added Logo For The Mod (it may be replaced).
-----------------------
day 2&3: Added New Logo for ingame World editor + The Game + changed bootscreen image + added Models sound and more stuff to the Warcraft Mpq.
xeo2ns.png

2u9olzp.jpg

-----------------------
Day 4-5 : vdainiusv Joined the Mod Team (Terrain). , Also Fixed Textures In-game (imported to Wc3 Mpq) thanks to Red Shift.
-----------------------
Day 5-8: Started Tech Tree devolpment + Stygian_Shadow Joined the Team. also Lord Cat (doing minor terrain/gui/Ideas).(Terrain/gui).
-----------------------
Day 8-12:Diegokopo Joined the team(doing also minor stuff). Humans Interface completely changed. imported more models to warcraft mpq , tested them in game , started lore making + techtree is almost finished.
wgqjcw.png

-----------------------
Day 12-13:Imported more stuff , added a notepad file with every path for models/icon imported (for world editor users),
and new ingame screenshot this time of the Menu!.

2daawya.png

Here's the first List of Models/skins/terraintiles added/changed (notepad file) 1.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o7i3u2bvtzaupab
-----------------------
Day: 14-18:
Added Lots of models to the mpq , started the first beta campaign (it will be a campaign that will be uploaded in some days that got a testing of all resources imported until now but they will be imported to the campaign so you don't need to download anything else it will also reveal some of the lore.
in some minutes i'll upload the Notepad list of new changes 1.1 soon the first screenshot of ingame playing!!.

EDIT-
ADDED LINK TO NOTEPAD 1.1 LISTING ALL NEW CHANGES:
http://www.mediafire.com/?py1i4rdhvaf3sge
-----------------------
Day 19-22:
first alpha 0.1 screenshots of booty bay and how it will look. with Stormwind alliance.

Screenshots

Image Description:
First screenshot this one contains the first part of the base

ws3gwz.jpg

Image Description:
Second Screenshot.. this one contains second part

2r2vua9.jpg

Image Description:
third Screenshot.. this one contains third part.

214v6ad.jpg

Day 22-45:sorry i haven't been working very much lately, anyways i've got working into it these days again and i have made more changes , the game is looking more polished every day that passes.
A huge amount of new imported stuff + new default loadscreens added featuring several blizzard games.
(taken from battle.net fan art section , got the best fan art out there).
maybe i'll post an update screenshot soon.

-----------------------
link to Project Recruitment: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ple-warcraft-3-ashes-lord-204637/#post2017865
------------------------

Last edited:
Level 12
So how exactly do you completely mod the WCIII game, like releasing it as a complete expansion - as it seems you did because of the changes logos. Do you still use the World Editor or? Like, I havn't seen a complete change-over of it so I have no clue

Level 18
i will release the warcraft mod entirely separated since it's going to be a separated game , that will not work with BattleNet , it will have a custom PvPgn and the logos are changed from the TFT expansion , i changed bootscreen , logo, campaign , melee maps and more stuff

Level 12
I was asking how exactly that is possible, and if theres any third-party programs used. And also if it will be made in he World Editor or another tool

Level 12
You still havn't answered the main question though. What third party tools, and is the World Editor used to make the maps?

Level 12
I would love to help then. My specialty is terraining and ideas, but I can do GUI Triggering to. It'd be a part-time job, as I'm working on my ORPG, but I could invest a lot of time in it either way.

Last edited:
Level 12
So anyways, whats the lore? Is it after Warcraft III ended? Does it follow the Warcraft storyline? Is there anywhere I can read up on it?

Level 18
Alright. Im guessing it has something to tie in with the Warcraft Storyline right?

yes, it will have some events that were present in wow but not all , like humans will be only living in theramore and some bases that survived in ashenvale .
Horde will be having a base in durotar and Mulgore.
Nightelfs will have a base still alive in the world tree.
blood elfs and Nagas will be alive in Outland.
undeads will control almost all World After Arthas awakes.
the most powerful Force will be Stormwind.

it will have a stormwind campaign (6/8 missions).
An Horde Campaign which will have (8/10 missions).
Blood elf/naga campaign which will have (4/6 missions).
Legion campaign which will have (4 missions).
Undead Campaign which will have (10 missions).
and Still no revealed campaign. which will have (5 missions) .

Level 12
Hmmm... can't say its the best choice for a custom UI, but it works. I can't wait to start working on the melee maps/campaign. WIll the melee maps be based off areas in the campaign? or should I just start making some right now?

Level 18
what do you mean with base them on? , i mean they're melee maps they are like TFT Maps but they will be updated with AOTL melee Object Editor changes.
they should be like TFT/ROC maps but with a little more worked terrain.

and for animated doodads just put them without animations and wc3 will automatically add them animations when opened with Warcraft AOTL.

Level 12
Alright, so I can just start a new map and not import anything and it will work then? Also, am I allowed to import some custom models of, say trees, or other doodads to enhance gameplay? Terrain tiles? If yes, whats the max?

EDIT: Will melee maps be simplistic (like other Warcraft maps - simple terrain, creep placement, etc.) or realistic (real-looking terrain, plotted out creep placement, maybe some "special" scenario melee maps where one team is on defense other on offense?)

Last edited:
Level 18
ours? i don't know you sry only other wc3 mod i know is the one made by chucky and it's not like it. logo is just wc3 edited logo so gtfo plz troll. also yes the map can be simple and you can import stuff and then i'll unimport them import them to the mpq and change the pathing of them , also you need to tell me each path for everything .

Level 18
and yes there will be special scenarios. like TDs and other maps like it.
i will also add some custom popular maps to the download folder.
they will be
Azeroth wars LR 1.77(if they update it i will change the name).
DotA 6.72f(if they update i will change the name).
Gaias Retaliation 1.1i(4) (the same if they update).
Tkok 3.0.4 (the same if they update).

i personally think those 4 maps are best of the best (though dota isn't that good it has a good competitive scenary , fast PvP , and millions of active players).

also i've decided that the Mod will only update normally the AOTL maps Folder.
and only sometimes the mpq.(once every year maybe or even less because i will try to add most models possible that i think we may use in the future)....

also i'm planning to ask for a custom garena server that will be warcraft 3 AOTL at the side of TFT.
and also i'm trying to get a vps to host the mod PvPgn.

Level 10
ours? i don't know you sry only other wc3 mod i know is the one made by chucky and it's not like it. logo is just wc3 edited logo so gtfo plz troll. also yes the map can be simple and you can import stuff and then i'll unimport them import them to the mpq and change the pathing of them , also you need to tell me each path for everything .

I, sir, am not a troll. I am merely stating that your banner (not copy/pasted Wc3 Logo) is much like our logo. Whether or not you copied ours, I cannot say (and since you claim not to know us, I assume you'd deny any accusations).

Wait one second and I'll upload two pictures to show what I mean.

EDIT:

Our Logo:
Warcraft_LotD_Logo_New.png

Yours:
33dgl6t.png

I hope you agree that they at least look fairly similar.

Level 18
first what mod are you talking of , second if you mean of the first banner i'm planning to change it soon since i'm not that good with photoshop, third i only used a crystal background image(trying to get an ice feeling since it's based in arthas + the ashbringer). and photoshop color eyes tutorial to get the color effect and a custom font i'm not sure what you mean with copied banner.

Level 12
The cyrstals on Darklycan's look like a close-up of yours, true, but I could find that image on google images in a snap. and claim you both stole it's art Lol

Level 18
search crystals in google : http://api.ning.com/files/jiH*uQf5uS...M/crystals.jpg
see i didn't stole your logo
-----------------
diego we won't do that what we will make is edit add melee maps.
like make a new folder inside of warcraft 3 maps named AOTL and inside the folder there will be all the new melee maps.
-----------------
Update: added day 12(rest of the day) and day 13
+ new screenshot

Last edited:
Level 10

Ras

Ras

Level 6
Darklycan edit your post, and put all in one
"search crystals in google : http://api.ning.com/files/jiH*uQf5uS...M/crystals.jpg

-see i didn't stole your logo
like make a new folder inside of warcraft 3 maps named AOTL and inside the folder there will be all the new melee maps.

+ new screenshot "

All in one post, because is triple posting u-u
and The races?

Level 18
Darklycan edit your post, and put all in one
"search crystals in google : http://api.ning.com/files/jiH*uQf5uS...M/crystals.jpg

-see i didn't stole your logo

+ new screenshot "

All in one post, because is triple posting u-u
and The races?

there's no reason now because there's no tool to delete a post so it would still be triple posting

Level 10
I could help with melee terrains.

My terrains:

However I do not have very much time to work in the middle of the week because of school and such, so the output rate of terrains will not be very quickly. I can do standard blizzard style melee, or I can do the no blizzcliff realistic cliffs made with slopes and doodad style of terraining.

Last edited:
Level 12
I think he's shooting for highly detailed terrain on the maps, but you'll have to ask him. On the other side, I also think we have 2 terrainers, which he might consider enough

Level 18
can someone get me a Nice tree destructible model? because i need some good looking ones but that are usable as destructibles
------------
and yeah we already got 2 terrainers.. i don't think i would need more sry.
but i'm still actually looking for someone who is good with cinematics..

Level 12
can someone get me a Nice tree destructible model? because i need some good looking ones but that are usable as destructibles
------------
and yeah we already got 2 terrainers.. i don't think i would need more sry.
but i'm still actually looking for someone who is good with cinematics..

Get B2M's trees for scenery or use Blizzard trees for destructibles. Blizzard trees actually look very good

Level 18
kk well then i'll post a list of all what i have imported untill now. (paths).
in some minutes
-----------
updated thread added list
------------
Updated Again:
Importing SoC Human Resources to use as Stormwind Units and some others.

Level 12
I'm going to make 2 versios of a melee map later (Simplistic and as Realistic as a melee map can get) and see which one you like more for a melee-map feeling.

Also, for the realistic one, could we import some extra trees that would just serve as doodads? Oh, and I found some custom destructible trees if you still really want to use them (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/packs-542/destructible-tree-pack-193468/)

Level 18
if you want i'll import those just tell me what to import and i'll import it.
make sure you give me names of all custom resources so i can later change path
-------
Update have you seen the trees used in SoC? do you know where to get them? since he is using them as destructibles and they look frikin' good

Level 12
www.wc3c.net has a lot of good tree models under Resources -> Model Resources -> Scenario/Decorations

Im pretty sure most of them arn't for destructible use, though im not 100% sure.

So you'll be importing them into the MPQ, not the Import/Campaign Import then right? So how the terrainers get to them? Are the trees just automatically replaced later?

Level 18
yes, and no , i'm going to import them to the mpq, and then i will change them manually (just need to do 1 set of doodads and then import to all maps the changed doodads settings for melee).
----------
for melee maps you should use normal trees and when you upload the maps (should be in sites such like mediafire or megaupload) it should be in .zip with a notepad folder saying models that should be replaced with each one.

then i just edit and change doodads.

--------------------
Melee maps will be 9 for starting release. (without expansion pack).
2 maps 1x1 , 2 maps 2x2 , 1 map 3x3 , 1 map 4x4 , 1 map 5x5 , 1 map ffa 10 players ,1 map 6x6 .
-----------------
expansion packs will be 3 melee maps each.
and 1 extra map converted for aotl.
-----------------

Level 12
Well, I was gonna use a mix fo blizzard trees and custom models. Should I just use something like Canopy trees to be replaced with the custom models and then leave the normal trees to stay there?

Level 18
well i'm importing lot's of them after all if some of them can't be used for destructibles still can be used in custom maps :D

if you want to use a mix do something like these:

make a custom doodad of the tree (in the tile you're using) and change its variations to 1.
and in the notepad file you can post the Tree you want to use as a replace.
if you want to have more than one tree just make another destructible but with the name of the tree you want to use and also set variations to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.