• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Path of Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Here is a multitude of images from my futuristic roleplaying map, The Path of Ashes. Shots are of the finished product, and are all in game. They're a bit dark, but if you squint im sure you'll be alright. =D

The setting is a war torn mid 21st century world, created with inspiration from popular video games such as Gears of War and Killzone. Roleplayers have a massive ruined city and forest at their disposal, as well as a few seperate towns. Their stories might include a third world war, the rebirth of the Soviet Union, a zombie apocalypse, even an alien invasion. The limit is really the imagination.

-Credit to myself for the terrain/concept/and everything not listed below.

-Triggering credits go to myself and Maric, the creator of HRP.

-Special thanks to Illidan(evil)x, Punisher_x, xXm0rPh3usXx, Callahan, Denu, and Kofi_Banan for the assortment of models and skins. (Some authors are unkown)

-Screenshots are from the v1.1 update, which will be uploaded here soon.

-Give feedback! Thanks!

-Childeric (Chamion@Azeroth)

Attachments

• PoA1.jpg
    PoA1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 633
  • PoA2.jpg
    PoA2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 633
  • PoA3.jpg
    PoA3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 669
  • PoA4.jpg
    PoA4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 594
  • PoA5.jpg
    PoA5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 562
  • PoA6.jpg
    PoA6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 344
  • PoA7.jpg
    PoA7.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 330
  • PoA8.jpg
    PoA8.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 303
  • PoA9.jpg
    PoA9.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 289
  • PoA10.jpg
    PoA10.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 260
  • PoA11.jpg
    PoA11.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 297
  • PoA12.jpg
    PoA12.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 324
  • PoA13.jpg
    PoA13.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 286
  • PoA14.jpg
    PoA14.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 311
  • PoA15.jpg
    PoA15.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 316
  • PoA16.jpg
    PoA16.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 316
  • PoA17.jpg
    PoA17.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 327
  • PoA18.jpg
    PoA18.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 317
Level 8
Ive played that rp before, the only thing I MUST know is how the heck did you stretch the middle parts of the destroyed fountains out to look like towers? It is an awesome rp.

Level 6
I thought it somewhat lacked enough modern/futuristic units such as cars, buildings, and ships. The current terrain for the map right now leaves little room for themes besides Aftermath Zombie Invasion. Some sections of the terrain should be left to users to create. You should also add a road tileset to this to give a modern road feel to it. (I think a user called iron_warrior has created such a tile) You should also set aside some room to non-destoryed city area. I also thought it was smaller then most RP's in how big the map was.

Level 11
This version of PoARP will have at least one more update, with added units and what not.

Themes can include alien invasions, World War III scenarios, Demonic uprising (Something like Gears of War), a futurisitc totalitarian state, it is much more than simple zombie aftermath. Just open your mind.

Sequels to the map are a possibility. One idea I have is a map with four seperate areas: a ruined city, an alien planet, a non ruined city, and a forest, for multiple theaters to roleplay in.

Don't compare this to other roleplaying maps. It is meant for specific themes, and specific purposes. It is not geared towards players building their own areas, which is why there is little room for building. The map is also 256x256, same as all roleplaying maps. It just seems smaller because it's a massive city.

Variety is limited intentionally in order to uphold the map's theme/purpose.

As for the road texture, I've looked everywhere, and can't seem to find one. If anyone can give me a link, id be very grateful.

And lastly: Legacy of Kings Roleplaying will be released sometime before or after Christmas. It is medieval/fantasy, and should cater to the more conventional wc3 rper's needs.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.