• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Path of Ashes II - Need Coders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The Path of Ashes II/Warhammer 40K - Need Coders!

The Path of Ashes II

Nightfall

The Project:
About a year and a half ago I released The Path of Ashes, a roleplaying map that focused specifically on the dark future of post modern warfare. It featured a massive destroyed city that covered nearly 75% of an epic size map, complemented by a trio of smaller villages. Units include Illidan(evil)x's GDI Titan, an array of horrific creatures and aliens, as well as multiple variations of infantry. About a month ago I decided to begin work on a sequel, titled Nightfall, which is why you are now reading this. I will implement the new features in the original PoA terrain, but be creating a series of entirely new ones as well. This is where you all come in.

Now Hiring!

Cinematics: A definite plus, would be knowledge in cinematic creation. An epic map needs an epic introduction, and a well directed cinematic is exactly what i am looking for.

Triggers: While the triggers are already in place for the most part, there are a number of leaks that need tweaked. Since I am busying myself with the ridiculous scale of the terrain, and constant unit editing, I have not had the time to sift through the rubble and clean up the mess. An aggressive re-working, or a total face lift of the triggers is a definite for the sequel.

The Map So Far:

Screenshots: Here are some screenshots, to spark all of your interest, and address the seriousness with which I am conducting Nightfall.

PoAIIMiniMap.jpg

PoAIIs2.jpg

PoAIIs3.jpg

PoAIIs4.jpg

PoAIIs5.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_101008_181310_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_101008_181119_02.jpg

If you are interested in helping with my project, you can PM me, or contact me through these:

AIM: twiceB8ked
Yahoo: [email protected]
Wc3 Account: Chamion@Azeroth

I would really appreciate the help. Don't turn down an opportunity like this. =)
Here's a link to the old Path of Ashes, if you are curious: The Path of Ashes - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

THANK YOU

Last edited:
Level 11
Well, being a roleplaying map, the player spawns his/her own units, and acts out their own storyline/scenario. So in that aspect, gameplay depends on the player.

As far as technical gameplay, units are exclusively futuristic, possessing skills that you would find on a futuristic battlefield. For example, the Radioman can call in an artillery barrage, while the basic soldier has a few frag grenades. Nearly 80% of the icons you will see in game are custom as well, contributing to a good future war experience, without that feeling of, "Bah shoulda just waited for Sc2." Triggers are in place, although as stated above, I would like some help in re working them.

Level 9
this seriously looks good, cool screenshots, good luck with it- sorry i wont be able to help with it..

Level 9
Childeric count me in.
I will do your spells for you. I have been coding in GUI for around 2-3 years,
I have already completed an artillery strike spell and a C4 spell.
If your interested in letting me do your spells for you let me know.
If needed i will also do a minimap/loadingscreen.

-Bane

Level 9
I'm glad to be part ofthe team Childeric.
I'll get working on those other spells after school today.
I sent you the updated version orbital bombardment. (with impact sound.

Feel free to send me some more ability ideas so i can work on them this afternoon aswell.

Thanks,
-Bane

Last edited:
Level 1
great map!

dude this maps looking good mind if i give some advice
well im kinda new at this site but im a #1 rp fan :)

can i ask you something could you please make a hero on the undead like
beasts race at that map a monster that looks like the forgotten one
a monster with 4 eyes and 8 tentacles i think

is there any apc?
and i think it could be more awsome if put a here like futuristic ninja like metal gear 4 raiden :D i like the robot at your first path of the ashes..
its look like the metal gear rex

heres the pic of raiden
RaidenMGS4.jpg

sorry its kinda big ^_^
its good looking he is a android i think...
im glad to help..

Level 1
statue

i like the statue at the screenshot
you can imagine while you move closer to you think
it will move and slash you ^_^
i like the model of the statue
i wish there will be a unit the like that

with the skill of cannibalize

Status
Not open for further replies.