• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok i am going to make a new warcraft and i need comrades working with me to do that!
First i thought that maybe if you could change the MPQ to have custom textures, models implented into the MPQ, so that you get better graphics when you play meele game. So i edited a grunt model really quick, implented it to the MPQ and tested it online... it worked. And now when i have confirmed that models implented into the mpq with same name as the textures/model you want will show up in the game both offline, on LAN and on battle net!

Screenshot:
Grunt%20image.jpg
This is an example what a grunt could be with a little more detailed It's made by estar so credits to him! :)

When i'm thinking new warcraft i'm thinking custom textures, custom UI, custom tilesets and if we have time custom models. it's an upgrade for WC3

What i need:
Skinners
more skinners
And more skinners

The texture edits will be a small edit of the original one so it will be alike the original texture but much hotter (for example footmen gets new shiny armor)

Last edited:
Level 6
Nice seems as a great idea. ;D
I'd love to help you but i am no skinner, well good luck hope you get far with this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.