1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Ashes of the Lord

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Darklycan51, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    THIS PROJECT IS NOW Paused until i get where i was before.
    REASON: HARDWARE UPGRADE WINDOWS DIDN'T RECOGNISE ANYTHING I HAD TO FORMAT AND NOW I LOST EVERYTHING ALL MY MAPS AND STUFF (LIKE WORLD OF AZEROTH) WILL BE CANCELLED SINCE I LOST EVERYTHING on it.
    I really didn't expect having to format i was like wtf and then like omg i lost everything

[​IMG]
    Darklycan51 Presents

Ashes Of the Lord
    Well it's a Project that will be a modification of warcraft 3 the frozen throne and will add more stuff to the game.
    and editor.
    5 main steps.
    1st. People joining and helping the mod . (it may take up to 1 week).
    2nd.Release of first info,Lore,Pics.(after the week in this step it may also take 1 week).
    3rd. Starting to make campaign/melee maps and update the thread all time with more info.
    4th. Posting what will be the New stuff added to help map makers Make 100% better online maps . . . . And this step will also recruit new members that will help with testing the Custom PvPgn of the mod.

5th Releasing The First Alpha of the Mod.

After this the thread will keep updating with new changes and everything
    i will try to add a custom auto updater to the warcraft mod so people wont get fatals because of different game version files.

Expect thread updates soon. if i get enough time i may speed up everything in the mod though it will have lot of closed testing . until i can release an Alpha of the game. i may only give the mod to hive mods to ensure it wont get leaked.

------------------------
    if you want to post any lore stuff please if it's going to be a discusion make sure it wont last like 30 pages because i'm not going to read 30 pages of walls of text. and if you really want to help unify your ideas and then you can post them.
    ------------------------
    warcraft mod will be released in English and no other language. (though it isn't my native one, just following Hives Rules).
    -----------------------
    the map will have A custom Campaign for every Race (4 Melee Playable Races). and 2-4 Extra campaign playable ones.
    -----------------------
    the mod WILL be ended so no need to worry i'm not those guys who leave their Projects.
    -----------------------
    day 1: Added Logo For The Mod (it may be replaced).
    -----------------------
    day 2&3: Added New Logo for ingame World editor + The Game + changed bootscreen image + added Models sound and more stuff to the Warcraft Mpq.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------
    Day 4-5 : vdainiusv Joined the Mod Team (Terrain). , Also Fixed Textures In-game (imported to Wc3 Mpq) thanks to Red Shift.
    -----------------------
    Day 5-8: Started Tech Tree devolpment + Stygian_Shadow Joined the Team. also Lord Cat (doing minor terrain/gui/Ideas).(Terrain/gui).
    -----------------------
    Day 8-12:Diegokopo Joined the team(doing also minor stuff). Humans Interface completely changed. imported more models to warcraft mpq , tested them in game , started lore making + techtree is almost finished.
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------
    Day 12-13:Imported more stuff , added a notepad file with every path for models/icon imported (for world editor users),
    and new ingame screenshot this time of the Menu!.

[​IMG]

Here's the first List of Models/skins/terraintiles added/changed (notepad file) 1.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o7i3u2bvtzaupab
    -----------------------
    Day: 14-18:
    Added Lots of models to the mpq , started the first beta campaign (it will be a campaign that will be uploaded in some days that got a testing of all resources imported until now but they will be imported to the campaign so you don't need to download anything else it will also reveal some of the lore.
    in some minutes i'll upload the Notepad list of new changes 1.1 soon the first screenshot of ingame playing!!.

EDIT-
    ADDED LINK TO NOTEPAD 1.1 LISTING ALL NEW CHANGES:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?py1i4rdhvaf3sge
    -----------------------
    Day 19-22:
    first alpha 0.1 screenshots of booty bay and how it will look. with Stormwind alliance.

Screenshots

Image Description:
    First screenshot this one contains the first part of the base

[​IMG]
    Image Description:
    Second Screenshot.. this one contains second part

[​IMG]
    Image Description:
    third Screenshot.. this one contains third part.

[​IMG]

Day 22-45:sorry i haven't been working very much lately, anyways i've got working into it these days again and i have made more changes , the game is looking more polished every day that passes.
    A huge amount of new imported stuff + new default loadscreens added featuring several blizzard games.
    (taken from battle.net fan art section , got the best fan art out there).
    maybe i'll post an update screenshot soon.

-----------------------
    link to Project Recruitment: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2017865/
    ------------------------

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    EDIT. UPDATED THREAD .
    ---------
    Added day 2 & 3

--------
    (Bump)

3. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    So how exactly do you completely mod the WCIII game, like releasing it as a complete expansion - as it seems you did because of the changes logos. Do you still use the World Editor or? Like, I havn't seen a complete change-over of it so I have no clue

4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i will release the warcraft mod entirely separated since it's going to be a separated game , that will not work with BattleNet , it will have a custom PvPgn and the logos are changed from the TFT expansion , i changed bootscreen , logo, campaign , melee maps and more stuff

5. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was asking how exactly that is possible, and if theres any third-party programs used. And also if it will be made in he World Editor or another tool

6. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes i'm using third party tools.

7. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    You still havn't answered the main question though. What third party tools, and is the World Editor used to make the maps?

8. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, i'm using world editor to make 90% of the map though i'm also using other tools and i'm only using an mpq editor a warcraft 3 model editor and some other smaller tools like photoshop

9. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to help then. My specialty is terraining and ideas, but I can do GUI Triggering to. It'd be a part-time job, as I'm working on my ORPG, but I could invest a lot of time in it either way.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  10. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok i will add you to the team

11. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    So anyways, whats the lore? Is it after Warcraft III ended? Does it follow the Warcraft storyline? Is there anywhere I can read up on it?

12. ZeusLT

ZeusLT

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you are making stand alone game you could make extra mpq's and include most of custom models from hive ;o

13. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i will add the Models and stuff to the War3x mpq since it's easier that way.
    -----------
    and no lore isn't finished yet. but i have some stuff in mind.

14. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright. Im guessing it has something to tie in with the Warcraft Storyline right?

15. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes, it will have some events that were present in wow but not all , like humans will be only living in theramore and some bases that survived in ashenvale .
    Horde will be having a base in durotar and Mulgore.
    Nightelfs will have a base still alive in the world tree.
    blood elfs and Nagas will be alive in Outland.
    undeads will control almost all World After Arthas awakes.
    the most powerful Force will be Stormwind.

it will have a stormwind campaign (6/8 missions).
    An Horde Campaign which will have (8/10 missions).
    Blood elf/naga campaign which will have (4/6 missions).
    Legion campaign which will have (4 missions).
    Undead Campaign which will have (10 missions).
    and Still no revealed campaign. which will have (5 missions) .

16. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Havn't played WoW, so I might not be along with all the events

17. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it starts with the end of TFT so you will understand everything i will explain everything in the campaign

18. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated day 8-12.

19. phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm... can't say its the best choice for a custom UI, but it works. I can't wait to start working on the melee maps/campaign. WIll the melee maps be based off areas in the campaign? or should I just start making some right now?

20. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: