• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft 2 in WarCraft 3 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
My computer with all the work on it is BOGGED DOWN! with viruses so I can't get the work to try and save it. Cant even run Windows Defender on the damn thing.
Gonna be a couple of days before it is working again cause we don't have a Win 7 Disc. Trying to steal my friend's disc to fix the computer.

Sorry guys.

Level 13
Well seeing how the built in anti-virus software is stopping me from using any .exe file sorta stops me from being able to run anything now so.

Level 8
From the screenshots i can see that the terrain is ugly, and some of the models are with high quality and custom textures and some are with ingame texture. If you want to make a map MOD you should use "same" texture for the models/skins. Also i can't see any good results and proggres from this project...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Rather make a WC3 in SC2 mod. That way it can be multiplayer compatible and even the WC3 models would look better (real shadows).

Already the further in development one has butchered SC2 due to WC3 lacking vital mechanics. An example is the spine crawlers of the zerg do not stab using their tenticle as WC3 does not support tenticle physics.

Level 14
What do you mean model pack?
He hasn't made any models, have he?
All i saw was some ripped zealots and perhaps my stalker.

They are not really ripped I think he got some of them from this mod where you can download a little model pack http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-vs-starcraft but so its still not really specialy so you are still right.

Dr Super Good: I think not everyone owns starcraft 2 here and I don't see the point why he should move to a complete other game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Better graphics, and not having to nerf the cool mechanics of the SC2 units to work in WC3.
Even the other mods have been forced to make spine crawlers into sunken colonies due to the lack of tenticle support WC3 has. I cringe at what they will do to the void rays, phonix and mothership which support move while attacking with complex attack patterns. Let us not forget the carrier with its 8 interceptors moving around. Also the shield healing delay. The unit acceleration.

Level 8
I'm in one of those it's to expensive for me to buy this game it's 30 euros. I mean i know it's really good game ten times better then wc3 but i cannot afford to buy this game from store. And also i have to buy a game key but i don't have credit card to buy stuffs from online. So that will concluded that i will never gonna play sc2. :/

@DSG:
the lack of tenticle support WC3 has
Can't you just make a Spine Crawler model with a tentacle attack anim? What's the special physics involved (sorry, I don't play SC2 much)?
move while attacking with complex attack patterns.
Create a dummy unit, utilize 'Turret systems' so that the ships can attack and move simultaenously. Done.
the carrier with its 8 interceptors moving around
Locust swarm (or a few triggers). Done.
Also the shield healing delay
Make a custom mana regen system. Done
The unit acceleration
I think someone has done this system already.

Level 48
Can't you just make a Spine Crawler model with a tentacle attack anim? What's the special physics involved (sorry, I don't play SC2 much)?
You can, but it will have a fixed range. You can't make the tentacle extend longer based on how far away the target is. Using "Bone_Turret" though, the tentacle will at least rotate towards the target enemy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The tenticle stretches from the base to the attacked unit and stabs it. It is not a fixed animation as it depends on where the tenticle base is and the attacked unit. It also moves (not just a fixed animation).

Create a dummy unit, utilize 'Turret systems' so that the ships can attack and move simultaenously. Done.
And that solves the motherships's six consecutive attack pattern? Or the phonix facing the attacker as it flys past? Or the void ray beem firing at units infront of it at it moves? Let us not forget units like the thor which attack twice or fire 6 missles at air units. Also all missle attacks can be shot at by point defense drones of the raven meaning every attack would be triggered. Good luck getting 8 players at 200/200 with all those physics in WC3.

Locust swarm (or a few triggers). Done.
The interceptors land when not attacking. The interceptors can be killed and attacked but not selected. The interceptors have to be built if destroyed. There is a reason no one has made a good carrier immertation in WC3 yet.

Make a custom mana regen system. Done
And how will this support the high templar and sentry which use energy, life and shield all in different quantities? WC3 does not have 3 bars meaning the whole shield system would have to be triggered, including display which would look prety bad. Do not forget the fact that everything from the projectile system to the carrier interceptors would be triggered so can a normal computer cope with that many units?

I think someone has done this system already.
Yeh, but can it work with the custom projectile system, the shield system, the carrier system, the attack while moving system and all other systems without degrading framerate to near unplayable levels?

Let us not forget how you can send 300 zerglings moving at once in SC2. This means even the movement system would have to be emulated in WC3 as its minimove system can not support that many units moving fluidly for 1 player.

Just before you read, I apologize for my lack of knowledge about SC2 (though ask me anything about Reach. ANYTHING).

1. -I don't understand the mothership.
-Phoenix, you'll need 2 dummy units; 1 will be the 'turret' which will use the model and it will be the one which you can select and see, and the 2nd will be a model-less unit which will act like a custom pathing. When 1 is issued move orders, 2 will be issued it as well. You'll need to constantly set the X/Y of 1 to that of 2. You can then order 1 to 'Stop', so it can face and attack targets.
-Void Ray uses the basic turret system. There are ways to stop it from attacking units that are behind/to the side of it (eg. you can add the 'Cargo Hold Orc Burrow' ability to the dummy or you can change the facing of the dummy turret).
-Thors just need multiple dummy units to attack.
-Lol, I told you these things are doable in Wc3, I never told you these things are doable in Wc3 without intense lag :p

2. -Landing requires a few triggers to detect nearby targets, and if there are none, all you need to do is reset the height of the Interceptors and pause them.
-Add locust to it and then remove locust.
-Several ways to 'build' Interceptors. You can use a custom ability, sell a dummy item, or use an instant upgrade.

3. -You are right with the 3 stats. However, it can be done reasonably with custom floating text bars. Though they won't look exactly like in SC2, they will still function properly. Shield values/strength can be stored with triggers.
-Lol no I admit defeat that although these things can be theoretically achieved in Wc3, it will almost definitely destroy the average comp (though it doesn't hurt to dream?).

4. The movement system in SC2 is not as prominent as others, such as Pylons and Energy Shields. Therefore I highly doubt it is necessary for a good Wc3>Sc2 mod.

Lastly, I agree with you on 1 part (1 major part); your computer will die with all these systems implemented. But, they are doable in theory. EDIT: And as said by me and below, not every feature needs to be implemented for it to become a good mod.

Last edited:
Level 7
Dr Super Good... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/supcom-clutch-v21-145940/?prev=search=supcom&d=list&r=20

That does pretty much everything your saying wc3 has trouble with doing, excluding tentacle physics and a few other things... that map does a pretty good job at being a template for this considering its open and its systems can be taken and used.
Graphics shouldn't be too much of a problem considering there is still the option of replacing stuff in the mpq.

There is no reason to duplicate every single thing though for SC2 does suck to me and a few others apparently because of it being too much of a requirement of what you need to run it.

Level 2
This is the sc2 terran models that have been finishead.
-SCV
-marine
-ghoust(Made by Ceaps)(Skin by Kris4o)
-marauder
-medevac
-hellion
-Hellion portait (made by Ceaps)(Skin by Kris4o)
-Siage tank(Made By Ceaps)(Skin by RollBoat)
-Siage portait(Made by Ceaps)(Skin By RollBoat)
-Banshee(Made by Ceaps)(Skin by Kris4o)
-Viking(Made by Kris4o)(Skin By RollBoat)
-ViKing Portait(Made By Ceaps)(Skin By RollBoat)
-BattleCruiser

There is only terran units.
The buildings will be posted soon.

Team Members Updates:
Kris4o-Project leader,Terrainer,Skiner,(Some times he make models)
Ceaps-Officer of the mod,Modeler
RollBoat-Skiner,Second Terrainer
RandomPogi-He don't have a position for now,(Maybe he will be a betatester)

Some screenshots.
186930-albums4703-picture47333.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.