• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft 2 in WarCraft 3 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Would if I could be I have to get my site up so I can have more WC3 Hosted Projects on it and going more and work on my WC3 project as well

Level 13
When you get a race finished can I try it to see how it is?
As for a AI I can try and make a AI for it (Would be done through the AI editor though)

I'll try to setup Zerg to rush and send Zerglings in groups of like 10+ every so often than send a real attack force.
Protoss to be more Defence while building up a army to send.
Terrain to be as balanced as possible.

Send me a copy of the map when you can and I'll try to start on the AI (Don't know how it'll turn out)
Once I know the build times and that I'll know what to build and that.

Unless you want me to look around to see what I can find on SC2 and start making units than you just have change the models of them and that.

Level 13
Instead of useing triggers to set the race should I just edit the Humans to be the Terrans?

Unit Types: (Seeing how I haven't played SC2 I'll get this done later)

The Orbital Command and Plantery Fortess are what?
just upgrades for the Command Center?

Level 2
Instead of useing triggers to set the race should I just edit the Humans to be the Terrans?

Unit Types: (Seeing how I haven't played SC2 I'll get this done later)

The Orbital Command and Plantery Fortess are what?
just upgrades for the Command Center?
Its diffrent orbital command is used for scouting ur enemies while planetery
fortress makes the base a primary defensive building which is good at defending
expansions(not early game tho :vw_unimpressed:)

Level 13
So you can change the Command center into either one of them and they give different bonuses?

So what give Orbital Command that vision skill to clear out Fog of War?
And give Planetery Fortress extra armor?

I'll look around for a PDF SC2 guide to help make the units faster

I'll be writing all the unit info on the forum thread for this project

Level 13
Seeing how the ScC2 units are on a different move setup
I'll have to set the unit speed as the SC2 speed x 100 to get a good speed setup
so a SCV would be 281 Movement speed
Turn speed can stay the same as the SC2 amounts
As for the sight amount its going to be a pain in the butt to figure out
though 80 should be good for the SCVs

I should have the first section of the units/building done today (I hope)
Also if possible seeing how the Gas system is going to be a pain we'll need a doodad that can be built on with the doodad on a terrain that the refinery can be built on (ONLY)

and Kris4o I hope you know how to change the game constants cause you may have to cause you'll have to remove the upkeeps if not set them up so the correct amount of Minerals/Gas is harvested

Level 13
okay
I'm downloading a free trail for SC2 right now to see the stuff so I know how to setup the units and that better. (HOPEFULY I HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS!)

So we aren't useing gold mines for anything than

Bunkers are going to have be triggered in

Level 9
buncer is esy.You know the original orc burrol.We just need to ad to the marine a agility to go into the bunker.Easy as i say.
yes no goldmines.We just need to create a custom goldmine.Rename it name and replace the model.

Level 13
We have a issue with the SCVs
We require 2 build options but can only have 1

Could change the MULE to be able to build the advanced buildings

Level 13
Nevermind only need 1 build option cause some of the buildings upgrade into better ones
Cause the Tech Lab and Reactor are just upgrades
I really don't see any thing good about the Sensor
But I'll be doing this

I know its not full SC2
But I'll set it up that the Sensor can be upgraded into the Missile Turret (Cost will be the difference between the two)
Its just the sensor doesn't do anything but give vision of the map

1 Building off everything fitting in 1 build option

Last edited:
Level 9
The senson tower is one of the important terran units.
Why?
You know that enemy will attack your base.
But from what side they will attack.
For that is the sensor tower to prepere your forces for defence of your base.
So i think that the sensor tower is 96% helpfull.

Able to expose enemy movements within its radar capability. Does not reveal the area.

Level 2
Ridiculous comment xD.I dont find the sensor tower usefull,u could just use xel naga to see where the enemy are gonna attack from plus it has a bigger radius
:xxd::xxd:

Level 13
Well if you want it in than I'm useing the crates as a base than you can upgrade it for the remaining cost to a Missile Turret or a Sensor Tower
As for the other building that can be cut down idk

could put the Armoy Upgrades in the Engineering Bay +upgrade costs by 50 each
And make it that you require Factory in order to get them

By the way I'm not a AI Expert, I'm just going to try my best to make a AI for it

I had to make a Trigger so the units spawned correctly at the start (Terran is the only team that works)
Now creates 5 SCVs and a Command Center

Marine
Range: 350 (Will have to figure out what a good range it)
Dmg: 6 + (Upgrade Lvl)
Armor: 0 + (Upgrade Lvl)
Health: 45 + (10 if you have combat shield)
Movement: (Haven't set it yet)
I haven't made stimpack yet

resources are now gathered at the correct amount at 5 Gold/(WHATEVER) and 5 Lumber/(WHATEVER) the Mule gathers 35 Gold/(WHATEVER)

After I set the movement on the marine when I can get back on a computer I'll finish off the SCV.

Range for units is 100 + (SC2 Range x 50)

Last edited:
Level 40
Why would you make SC2 in WC3? You'll only run into roadblocks considering SC2's engine is better, and, well, why would I want to play a (probably buggy) port of a game to a worse engine when I can just play the original game on its better engine?

Also, Project Revolution gave up their SC1 port because of numerous unsolvable issues such as lag with Carriers and late game Zerg armies that are due to limitations of the engine. You'll run into the same problems, and they had a much more qualified team of modders working on a game with much less weird gimmicks (no cliffwalkers for example).

Level 13
Would be further but I keep getting kicked off the computer

Why would you make SC2 in WC3? You'll only run into roadblocks considering SC2's engine is better, and, well, why would I want to play a (probably buggy) port of a game to a worse engine when I can just play the original game on its better engine?

Also, Project Revolution gave up their SC1 port because of numerous unsolvable issues such as lag with Carriers and late game Zerg armies that are due to limitations of the engine. You'll run into the same problems, and they had a much more qualified team of modders working on a game with much less weird gimmicks (no cliffwalkers for example).

Maybe cause some people don't met the requires for SC2, sad thing is its requirements are higher than that of WoW

Level 13
Units aren't fully done and to play the Terran I'll give you the trigger that selects the units and that at the start of the map within the next 24 hours (Should have a base for all the units by than)

I PMed you the current units they aren't fully complete but you'll be able to get stuff going

Maybe cause some people don't met the requires for SC2, sad thing is its requirements are higher than that of WoW

Quite honestly, it takes more of your computer to run SC2 inside the warcraft engine than it does to run it in it's own, obviously. Computer coding has become so much more efficient since warcraft was launched that it evens out the increased polycount/shader tech.

For instance, in games with large field of depth, there are numerous level-of-detail techniques that causes distant objects to render as a single billboarded plane (or not at all!) thereby reducing CPU load.

I could still argue that it is very fun and challenging to try out theese kind of conversions in an old engine just to test your skills and push the game to it's limits.

Level 13
Anyone have a idea on how I can setup siege mode?
Cause I have the first part of it going I just can't get it to change back

Nevermind now it wants to work

Level 13
Ok now I just need a cast time during the change back and forth.

Cause I have the casting time as 4.00 (Its the middle number between Siege Mode, and Tank Mode cast time in SC2)
So to currently balance the unit out some it has a CD of 4

Looking at like 300-350KBs of space just for the icons of terran upgrades and unit skills

Level 9
Wahat do you not read the all information
in the first post.
There is a information about ho what work need to make.
Well greasontim is waithing for the map that are worked from me.
Greasontim is just for the edition of the units.
I will make abilities and the map.
And Miss_Foxy is waiting for the map that is in making by me.
Debode you work is easy.You just need to test the map.
As you see and i am working.
Why everyone things that i am lazy?Why?

Last edited:
Level 13
open the object editor and import the data (hopefuly you havent made any skills and that yet cause you're going to lose all the stuff in your current object editor and get all the info in that file

Crap I forgot to send you the trigger to get the starting units correctly

I will make abilities and the map.

That is still not a very big part, especially considering the number of active abilities in SC2 is pretty low. And i also don't see what includes in making "the map" apart from the parts we mentioned, do you just mean compiling it? Cause that's not very hard job either (lol).

Level 13
Unless someone can give me a damn good reason not to put the armory upgrades in the engineering Bay to make all the buildings fit into one build option seeing how you're only allowed one in WC3 than thats how its going to be

Better Idea
Engineering Bay upgrades to Armory but requires Factory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.