1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

StarCraft 2 in WarCraft 3 mod

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by kris4o, Jan 25, 2011.

1. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me.i will make this mode and never stop working on it.

2. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Once again you didn't understand
    MAKE WARCRAFT 3 "ON" STARCRAFT 2
    Your makeing Starcraft 2 on Warcraft 3 that is a upgrade not a downgrade

3. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok i understand you.

4. Nightblade

Nightblade

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which race do you almost have all the models for?
    I may help out if you want I can go look for all the stats on the units and make the units.
    You would just have to import the unit data and put the models on the units

6. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How will you make the protoss shield system?
    How will you make protoss buildings require pylon power to be built and to function?
    How will you trigger the warp-in mechanic?
    Do you really expect someone else to make ALL the models from starcraft 2 and just give them to you so that you can take credit for the map to which you did basically nothing yourself?

It is also funny how you completely ignored OutsiderXE's post, he had a very valid point that you should listen to.

7. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, in all honesty he should try to make this map to the best of his abilities.

Attempting to do so will increase his capabilities in Warcraft 3 modding.

8. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I assumed that this is an altered melee for WC3 with SC2 models used, so why do you need AI?, just edit the info in the object editor to make it look like SC2...but tell you the truth, this is a very big thing to do, why dont you try to make/start small?

9. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:

Fingolfin,i ask people for some models,when i working on my models(battlecruiser).About Protoss shield sistem pylon and power function it is allready.
    And about the outsiderXE,yes i ignored hes post,but then listen to his point.

nice models shadow486 but they are not that what i need.

10. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    How will you make protoss buildings require pylon power to be built and to function?
    The Pylon thing is easy enough just use blight its just a matter of if you can change it to be something else so the Zerg can use the Blight

11. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    i will take care of it.

12. chris21

chris21

Resources:
    Resources:
    first nice idea,seccond hope u make it happen,third good luck :grin::thumbs_up:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  13. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The reason i'm asking is because i've worked on a map just like this myself; perhaps you saw images in the stalker model thread. I solved all those things, but it requred quite heavy vJass of a magnitude i doubt you can master. That is why i doubt you can finish this project.

Other things you have to solve:
    *How do collosi and reapers move unhindered up and down cliffs?
    *How do you apply the unit-specific damage bonus system (for instance +3 vs armoured)?
    *How do you make immortals reduce all incoming damage to 10?

14. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes i saw the stalker and the another images and for that i started this mod.

There is a tutorials that can help me to upgrade my skils and help th the project's progress.
    Thank you for that information.

15. shadow487

shadow487

Resources:
    Resources:
    These ideas might or might not work but w.e

Energy Shield for Protoss
    just make an invisible mana shield

Pylon requirement to build
    make invisible blight? lol

16. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    Prottos shield and pylon energy blight is easy to make.
    But how to make the colossus and ripers to move unhindered up and down cliffs?

17. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    flying units with a height of 0 to give it that ability to go up cliffs and that while looking like its on the ground should work but i'll look into it

Code (Text):

Float
       Pros: Can go in swallow and Deep water
       Cons: Can't leave water

Foot/Horse/Hover
       Pros: Walks on ground
       Cons: Can't go up cliffs or in deep water

Amphibious
       Pros: Can walk on ground and go in Deep Water
       Cons: Can't go up cliffs

Fly
       Pros: Can go anywhere
       Cons: None

18. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But even Collosi shouldn't be able to go anywhere. They can't move up double-sized cliffs. They can't move over unpathable doodads.
    Also they should be able to be attacked by both ground and air weapons.

I would think most problems could be solved if the mod was developed in SC2 and not WC3. The Data Editor in SC2 has many specific functions that can emulate probably anything that exists in WC3. It's just needs more time to learn.

Btw. I've also worked on a SC1-on-WC3-conversion many years ago along with a bunch of other guys. We gave up when we realized how difficult it was to build things like the Carrier's interceptor attack and a bunch of other abilities. SC2 units should be even harder to make.

Well, what did I learn from that? It's a very good thing to get to know your limits. Everybody should have tried at least once one thing that's well over their heads. They will either give up and learn a bunch of things or they will get addicted and become excellent mappers durign that process.

19. shadow487

shadow487

Resources:
    Resources:
    umm durp de durp http://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps

20. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Using mana shield for protoss shields is not a viable suloution. It is an active ability which means you cannot hide it or put it inside disabled spellbooks. My own shield system is based on a damage detection/prevention library that modifies damage depending on the units mana.

There is another problem you have to solve when it comes to protoss shields, you have to be able to add the factor of shield armor, since that is an upgradeable factor in the game. This was also solved by adding an increment linked to a global integer into the damage script.
    Also, it is a bad idea to use blight as pylon power. First of all, it is bound to change the tile at the affected areas. If you change the texture to alpha, you will end up with a hole in the ground most likely (not sure, never tried). And most significantly because you want to use it as creep for the zerg!

Also, how will you make it so that pylon power is graphically showed when a pylon is clicked?
    I solved this in my map aswell, but haven't gotten to the point where it is still displayed when you are placing a building (which would be the most important aspect of it, lol.)

Anyways, my point is, you should start making the map basics before you start requesting models etc, use dummy models in the mean time, and make sure that you actually KNOW how to create the systems, and that you will have the PATIENCE it takes to finish it. If you'd be to make a map that has all the systems functional required to make a SC2 conversion, then sure, i will model for you. I just highly doubt i will ever see it.