• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft 2 in WarCraft 3 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The first post says he is the skinner and the terrainer.Thats a lot of work if you ask me,the guys who are saying that he is lazy.

As for the two building menus, you can make a dummy unit for each player that is selected when you press the "build alternate" button and then using "force UI key" to make it open up a build menu of it's own.

Or, you could turn the "build alternate" ability into a "bear form" with 0 second morph time and then force UI key to open up a build menu for the alternate unit.
Optionally, you could make a spellbook that contains some kind of dummy abilities for the buildings inside it.
I know that the "reveal" ability is the only one that supports resource cost for casting, but i think vuorma and i discovered that it did not store a "point of ability being cast" variable, so it was practically useless for this purpose.
Anyways, i think scewing up the terran techtree is a bad way to go just because of this minor limitation.

Level 9
Use a spellbook with build abilities?Like tiny castle or something.Ill Check if that is possible.

EDIT:Major bug,all buildings turn into barracks.

Last edited:
Level 13
I'll just being using a Morph skills Build Abilities take mana so It'll be easier this way
For Terran units I have the buildings what upgrades effect each unit and the damage of every unit

Use a spellbook with build abilities?Like tiny castle or something.Ill Check if that is possible.

EDIT:Major bug,all buildings turn into barracks.

Thats because all the skills have the same skill ID cause them to turn all to be the same building and the mana cost changes to be whatever the highest mana costing building you have in there.

Types:
Armored - Walkable
Biological - Ward
Light - Worker
Massive - Giant
Mechanical - Mechanical
Psionic - Undead
Structure - Ancient

Telling you so you can setup if a unit attacks a unit with attack1 or 2 to check what types to see if that unit should be takes +X damage

Last edited:
Level 13
the units are almost done
Just have descriptions when building and what upgrades they all use (I'll do it later)

A copy of the incomplete map would be handy and help out

May change the range of attacks to the SC2 range x 75

Last edited:
Level 13
Once I know how the whole Mineral, Gas thing is being done I'll be able to setup the costs better
I got the upgrades, buildings than I'll start on the Zerg (OWNAGE!)

You may want to find someone else to do the AIs

Last edited:
Level 9
Well good greasontim.I will try to finish the map soon as
possible and send it to you.
Fingolfin i will try to found another sc2 like models.
I need a battlecruiser but i am not a modeler.
I see that you have a immortal and pylon.
Wow i need them so much.

Level 13
The bear form ability to get access to the ADV build option doesn't want to work. you can click to build the stuff but they wont start

Level 13
the minerals and gas done yet?
cause really those are all I need to do proper testing and get the units going

SCV change to SCV (Adv) works but its a trigger skill due to the fact it doesn't want to work as a morph skill (IDK WHY but I'll keep trying)

Current Work: Repair costs and times.
I'm setting repair costs to 25% of the build costs but the repair time is +50% of the build time

Last edited:
Level 9
The building menu is pretty easy. Just create two identical SCVs and use an ability like 'Bear Form'. While the first SCV has the standard buildings the other one has the advanced ones. Use 'V' as morphing hotkey so people access it easier.

Level 9
Not really. I believe that there's a trigger which forces the player to select an unit or structure.
I've played a map named 'Fortress Survival' which had this kind of builder-swap system and it was working perfectly.

Level 13
Well the auto-select when changing now works
so you can change between normal and ADV SCV at any time
(BONUS! even if you change over 10 at once all 10 stay selected!)

How tho make a selection like in starcraft 2.wee know that in sc2 player can select a big amount of units.What we can use for this option.
Any suggestions how to make it.

People will just have to use Ctrl + #
like in normal WC3 maps and that not to mention its basicly the same
Best you could do is make a multi board for each player showing how much is in their and only their groups (Caps out at like 12 units or so in WC3)

BTW FOCUS on the terran stuff till they are finished than we'll get the other 2 races done
Don't worry if they are SC2 looking models or not even SC1 models will work so a beta can be released to prove that this is turning out well so far.

Level 13
what around it?
If your talking about the building 2 units at once its easy

Trigger in when a unit is created from a Building with the Reactor create +1 unit of the same type

Food limit can be changed to (IDK what the SC2 food limit is)
And for the Tax it can be removed.

Level 13
yea its food cap his talking about
hopefuly kris doesn't grab all high-res models and that or else this map wont run that well
He should just grab the SC1 models so we can release terran as a playable race within a week or so.

How his going to pull off the bunker thing IDK and it should be interesting seeing how there isn't anything to check the amount of cargo in a unit

Bored so I started work on the Zerg
Terran buildings no longer can be built on Blight(Creep)

Gonna need a trigger to make sure there are 3 larva out at all times with a 4 second build time
Larva are based on a building to it can be upgraded into the other units.

Last edited:
Uhm.. why don't you just use the burrow mechanic for bunkers?
Only problem is that it can't detect what kind of unit is being loaded.
Alternately, you should try to find some way to register units entering cargo, since you could store the units in a hashtabel linked to the bunker and spawn dummy units with attacks on top of it.

Level 13
well can I have what you currently have for the map?
Dont have much for the terran left to do and it'll be easier with the minerals and gas in the map now

Level 49
No, no, FACEPALM. :|
Stop changing game mechanics for the sake of saving you work. If this is supposed to be a Warcraft to Starcraft conversion, everything has to be EXACTLY the same. No missile turret --> sensor tower upgrades(what the fuck? they serve completely different purposes.). No engineering bay --> armory. No automated refineries. Seriously. :|

Last edited:
Level 13
Armory, Engineering Bay, Missile Turrets and Sensor towers are staying the Starcraft way the second build option is in the game
How the Gas is gathered is up kris

Status
Not open for further replies.