• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] A Starcraft-like map (title in development)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
sc_preview.png

A STARCRAFT-LIKE MAP (TITLE IN DEVELOPMENT)

tl;dr It's Warcraft 3 in space. Map is in progress, stay tuned!

Hey again guys, after my previuos map [ [Altered Melee] - Altered Melee with non-playable campaign races of Wc3 ] I want to show you what I am currently working on these days.
The concept is about a 3 players FFA original RTS starcraft-like map with massive armies.
Okay, let me explain it first :y
I meant I want to create a straight FFA multiplayer map that could be played also with Ai computer players, where there are 3 factions to choose from (Terrans, Zergs, Orcs in Space)
I took the idea of 3 factions ffa from pc/ps4 game PlanetSide 2 while obviously the races are widely inspired from Starcraft's races, but with Orcs instead of Protoss.
The gameplay will be sightly different from the basic melee wc3 game, with some features inspired from AoE2, PlanetSide 2 and Starcraft 2.
There will be a hero system more like Co-op Commanders from starcraft 2 rather than wc3 heroes.
The tech-tree system is also different and it is like AoE's ages.
There aren't creeps but there will be a trade system to get resources more quickly.
Armies will be larger than wc3 ones for large scale battles.
All models, icons and animations are from world editor only.

Currently I'm already working on making the races (adding units/spells/buildings and defining hero/tech/economy systems per race) and balancing them in the meanwhile. Then I will make the terrain and AIs.
The map is work in progress and many things could change in the future, actually right now I am not sure the map will be fully completed and ready to release at some day.
In the next days I will update this thread with more previews, screenshots, infos and ideas beside map progress status.
That's all I have for you now, I hope some of you guys are interested :) bye!

tl;dr It's Warcraft 3 in space. Map is in progress, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Level 3
UPDATE!

I am going to show you each race's units with a summary of their abilities, role and main stats.
Like a guide or something to start getting to know my map progress.

I'm starting with Space Orcs

latest

The Space Orcs are a Covenant of Kalimdor Chaos Orcs and Goblins with Burning Legion's engines who embraced both Goblin technology and Chaos philosophy. They travel through Dimensional Portals to conquer new planets.

TIER 1
+
latest
DIMENSIONAL PORTAL. It is the main structure of Space Orcs. It allows Mech Goblins to get through it and establish a bridgehead on a new planet before the Space Orcs' army invasion.
It also makes you choose your Commander and revives him when he dies, can recall a Flagship and researchs upgrades to tier 2 and tier 3.
- Units created:
--------
latest
MECH GOBLIN. Basic worker unit, can gather resources, build structures and repair mechanic units. Abilities:
latest
EXARCH. Unic Commander who gains exp points to become stronger, learn new spells and upgrade old spells. Abilities:
latest
Summon Elite Guards.
Summons up to 4 Elite guards.
more...
--------
latest
BUILDER. Unic Commander who gains exp points to become stronger, learn new spells and upgrade old spells. Abilities:
Recall Flagship. Recalls a FLAGSHIP from the Dimensional Portal to lead your army. Limit 1 per Dimensional Portal.
latest
Command Aura (passive). Increases dmg dealt by nearby allied units.
latest
Illusion. Creates an unoffensive duplicate of a selected friendly unit.
+
latest
FELBOAR BREEDING. Structure that allow to create
latest
Felboars that provide food to increase total supply.
+
latest
DEMON GATE. Basic military structure used to move infantry units and light mech units from a planet to another.
- Units created:
--------
latest
ZEALOT. Strong melee soldier that uses a mana shield to absorbe dmg. Can learn Bloodlust, carry and use items. Abilities:
latest
Bloodlust. Gains faster mov speed and lightly faster att speed for a short time.
--------
latest
INFERNAL CANNON. Support mech unit that restores mana to allies. Can learn Siphon Mana. Abilities:
latest
Siphon Mana. Drains mana from an enemy unit or gives mana to a friendly unit.
--------
latest
CHAOS SPACE ORC. Deadly soldier armed with a flamethrower. Can sacrifice himself to ascend to Archon. Abilities:
latest
INFERNAL JUGGERNAUT. Tactical mech unit that can use Earthquakes and Infernal Stones to zone out his enemies on the battlefield. Summons a Battle Golem as living artillery. Abilities:
latest
Infernal Stone. Summons a Battle Golem falling from the sky who deals dmg and stuns enemies in the crash location.
+
latest
WEAPONRY DEPOT. Structure that allows to create support units. It also allows to buy items and researches upgrades for Demon Gate's units.
- Items sold:
--------
latest
DAGGER OF MANA STEALING. Steals mana from an enemy and gives it to the user.
--------
latest
GOBLIN TELESCOPE. Gives same vision as daylight during night time and reveals invisible units.
--------
latest
LAND MINE. Places an explosive mine that deals heavy dmg to nearby enemies.
+
latest
ORC BURROW. Primary defense structure, it requires 1 up to 4 Zealots inside the building to attack. It attacks both air and ground units.

TIER 2
+
latest
GOBLIN WORKSHOP. Advanced military structure that allows to produce both heavy mech units and aircrafts once the bridgehead has been successfully established.
- Units created:
--------
latest
IRON GOLEM. Heavy armored unit driven by a goblin, can slam the ground around. Can learn Traslation to teleport himself at a short distance.
--------
latest
GOBLIN SAPPER. Suicide unit that explodes dealing aoe dmg. It is more effective against buildings. Can learn Liquid Fire.
--------
latest
ZEPPELIN. Aircraft effective against air units, can transport friendly units.
--------
latest
BARGE. Heavy aircraft who deal splash dmg to ground units. Can learn Burning Oil.
+
latest
SANCTUARY. Allows to create Shamans and Archons at the Demon Gate and researches upgrades for Tier 2 units.
+
latest
POWER GENERATOR. It provides additional supplies to sustain a growing army. Can restore mana to both organic and mechanical units.
+
latest
DEATH TOWER. Secondary defense structure that reveals invisible units. It can only attack air units.

TIER 3
+
latest
GOBLIN SHIPYARD. Allows to create aircrafts at the Goblin Workshop and researches upgrades for air units. If you chose Unic Commander BUILDER it allows you to create powerful Orc Juggernatus.

latest

Terran is the successor of Lordaeron leftovers. Hardened by Scourge scars, it improved Dwarfs' war engine and it created a militarized society willing to colonize a new world. Rumors say Terran has experimented on Scourge to potentiate itself...

latest

The Zergs are a galactic insectoid parasite that swarms among stars to infect new species. With no individual personalities, all Zergs obey to an unic Overmind and when they first came on Azeroth someone has take control over the hive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.