• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi! Who ever wanted to play to Starcraft II on Warcraft III? Me, of course, and some members too, i'm sure. So here is my project, re-create every races, buildings, units, abilities, ...

Since I got no skills in 3D modeling, I'm able to create all the races, but I won't be able to create the models. I can do the icons.

So I'm looking at someone that could do the models. Of course the names will appear in the map, on loading screen, in quest and in game messages at the beginning of the game. Thanks for idea!:mwahaha:

P.S.: of course I own SC2 and WC3FT original games! I own SC1 too...:smile:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I think this would be a bad idea because if you wanted to play Sc2, just go play sc2... same go's for wc3. Theirs no need to re-create everything just so you can play it on an engine that is far from up-to-par with sc2.

I think this would be a bad idea because if you wanted to play Sc2, just go play sc2... same go's for wc3. Theirs no need to re-create everything just so you can play it on an engine that is far from up-to-par with sc2.

what he said..

Level 31
I hate to say this, but such a thread would likely to get you no volunteer at all. Your thread barely explain anything apart from recreating sc2 into wc3 as if you are trying to duplicate an cheap copy of it.

You could have elaborate further about your map such as telling us the genre of the map, what kind of future implementation and concept you have in mind that could guarantees this map an success and so on.

To top up with, you barely have 2 post at hive site and you did not show if you have done any map before. No offense, but it been my past experiences that newly register user would just open thread saying I want to create this map and bla bla only to wound up being inactive after a couple of day as they return to their origin site due to the lack of support from user at this site.

On the other hand, it was also impossible to crammed every single thing in sc2 into a single map (Except for campaign) since the max size for a multiplayer map was roughly 7mb.

You're right Yayoi, but your answer won't help me in my project.

His answer is more than enough to help you. This idea is already an bad one from the beginning of it. If sc2 have not been release, it is still possible to be done but it isn't.

It is a bad idea since it is already being done.

84276d1277397891-stalker-preview.png

I disagree. What about WC3:WOW? Project Revolution? Chilla-killa's AoE2 conversion?

I can't afford to purchase SC2, so therefore i am doing a warcraft conversion.
It is mainly for the challange of recreating the models and systems in the warcraft engine, and for the pride and pleasure of having acomplished it.
It will be uploaded in the map development section soon and i will link it in my signature. The project is actually pretty far in development, many models are already finished and the protoss shield system aswell as the pylon power system is currently in function.

Level 9
I can't afford to purchase SC2, so therefore i am doing a warcraft conversion.
It is mainly for the challenge of recreating the models and systems in the warcraft engine, and for the pride and pleasure of having accomplished it.
It will be uploaded in the map development section soon and I will link it in my signature. The project is actually pretty far in development, many models are already finished and the protoss shield system aswell as the pylon power system is currently in function.

Go work instead of making it in Wc3 dude :p then you can afford it.

Level 2
Septimus: yeah, I'm new... I created maps for 3 years. Barely I lost all of them into a computer crash due to a virus installed by bro' (trying to hack GunZ lol), now I got my personnal computer. I'm recreating the maps I lost at this time. Since it has already been created the project is abandonned. I have a map creation team that is not on Internet at this moment.

Fingolfin: super! I just searched but found SC1 maps... I'm waiting for it.

@Kala: the expansions will be sold at reduced price, so it's more like 50:-, 35:-, 35:-.

@Chewii: are we talking about my project or the thread owners?
Mine is doing great, and i have recorded sounds from the game and completed many UI textures and models (especially protoss). Anyone trying to make a starcraft map is going to need jass knowledge to replicate the systems, anyways.

Units can traverse across cliffs, shields don't recharge before the unit stops being attacked, they have a shield system at all (which warcraft does not, and i'm not counting mana shield since it sucks), units can have both health, shields and energy (which means i have to do a custom energy bar), protoss buildings can only build within a pylon matrix, if a pylon is destroyed they become unpowered (already implemented), terran buildings can have independent addons, they can liftoff, burning buildings slowly loose health, supply depots can lower underground, some units can even move underground, etc.
It is very much i have to recreate.

Status
Not open for further replies.