• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft: Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, so RandomPogi's thread had just become focused on Velleterra, so he decided to make me StarCraft Fusion's Manager.
So this thread is about our second mod, StarCraft: Fusion.
I'm his brother, by the way.

StarCraft: Fusion

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Backstory
None yet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gameplay:
A Mix of SC1 and SC2 units, strategies, tactics, and techtrees, giving more gameplay challenges and opportunities. Examples: Vikings and Valkyries, Vultures(with classic voice!) with Hellions, The ol' Marine-Medic-Firebat squadding..

RandomPogi's Reason for making this mod: "People always fight over if Sc1 or Sc2 is better, and people create SC2 Broodwar mods in Broodwar or SC2, or even StarCraft in WarCraft III, but what about something new, but also classic? And so I thought, why not take all this and make one epic mod(lol)? Why not make a FUSION? I mean, some SC voices and units are better, and SC2 is also great, except for some voices,so, since I don't have SC2, and SC2 modding isn't really my thing, then how about on WarCraft? I mean, Wc3 modding is still popular, and Wc3 is easier to obtain..." And then his first mod was created.

Gonna Add them later!

But, like on Velleterra, we also need a team here, especially modelers and triggerers. So, can anyone willing join our team?

Thank you everybody! God Bless you!

Interested in our other mod? Check out Velleterra!(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/siege-velleterra-starcraft-fusion-215433/)
For questions, contact my brother, RandomPogi! :)

Level 35
i'm 99% sure i saw this exact mod idea in starcraft 2 a while ago

and it was kinda 'meh' as the main premise of starcraft is the well defined unit roles, and so blizzard removed a lot of the older brood war units to make way for the newer units (while retaining plenty of the classic units, too) due to clashing unit roles (and so that they made what was actually not a lot of work at all look like something they carefully considered, just to make fans think they actually care about them)

medics and drop ships, for example, will both be redundant in light of the medivac. firebats will have a place, although they're going to supposedly be a bulkier form of the hellion that the hellions can transform into. valkyries with vikings sounds silly.

also making it in warcraft, while doable, isn't practical, but one thing i'd love to see is how people actually achieve the bunker effect. i've seen it done in warcraft before, but never knew how. also things like the spidermines and such, knowing how to do such things would be great, although i imagine they would be quite trigger heavy.

Level 3
Spider mines are pretty easy to be honest, standard land mines but when they're triggered you replace them with actual moving mines that you can't select and give them order to attack triggering unit. VOILA.

Level 6
i'm 99% sure i saw this exact mod idea in starcraft 2 a while ago

and it was kinda 'meh' as the main premise of starcraft is the well defined unit roles, and so blizzard removed a lot of the older brood war units to make way for the newer units (while retaining plenty of the classic units, too) due to clashing unit roles (and so that they made what was actually not a lot of work at all look like something they carefully considered, just to make fans think they actually care about them)

medics and drop ships, for example, will both be redundant in light of the medivac. firebats will have a place, although they're going to supposedly be a bulkier form of the hellion that the hellions can transform into. valkyries with vikings sounds silly.

also making it in warcraft, while doable, isn't practical, but one thing i'd love to see is how people actually achieve the bunker effect. i've seen it done in warcraft before, but never knew how. also things like the spidermines and such, knowing how to do such things would be great, although i imagine they would be quite trigger heavy.

Yes, we know, but don't worry, we'll also be adding a few stuff... and don't forget, some SC1 voices are better than SC2's, so we'll add some of those. ^~^

Status
Not open for further replies.