• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of the Ancients

Level 8
Here is description of map so people know how it should work in case they want report a bug.

It is 2v2 map made for reforged but playable in SD. (there is just one type of tree not showing in SD)

Factions
Kaldorei Resistance (KR)
Druids
Vs.
Legion
Highborne

Heroes:
Druid: Cenarius, Malfurion, Illidan
KR: Tyrande, Shandris, Maiev
Legion: Archimonde, Mannoroth, Tichondrius
Highborne: Azshara, Xavius

Hero abilities has been nerfed so they are not army wipers, but some heroes recive additional ability on 15 and/or 20 level, those abilities are pretty strong
Hero abilits shortcuts are QWER.

Evil team has 1 less hero but archimonde is strong as 2

Economy:
Gold
Is used for regular units (everybody 100 g per minute, ingame it is 5 gold per 3 second for better flow)
Spawn
Every 3 minutes 3 bases of every faction spawn 12 units (spawned units are random base units of that faction) If base is killed spawn ends.
Wood
Wood is gained by kills (1 wood per 1 kill) and used to purchase strong units which are:

Druid:
Mountain giants: 10 lumber
Ask Alextrasa for help: 100 lumber
Alextrasa has ability to call 4 red drakes and 8 welps for additional 50 lumber
She has also healing wave, inceeased health regeneration and regenerates health of nearby units.
Ask Ysera for help: 100 lumber
Again extra dragons 50 lumber
Ysera has sleep, and restores mana to nearby units.

Kaldorei Resistance:
Hunteress with hero armor and attack and self ress ability: 10 lumber
Ask Malygos for help: 100 lumber
For extra 50 lumber he will spawn small land dragon army.
Malygos powerfull chain lighting army.
Ask Nozdormu for help: 100 lumber
For 50 lumber he again spawns 4 drakes amd 8 welps
Has powerfull time warp abity

Legion:
- their 4 heavy hiters cost 10-20 lumber
-infernals
-doom guards
-infernal machines
-nether dragons

Highborne
It is satyrs since in book it is stated as gift from legion to become satyr.
Satyrs are weak compared to other factions elites but cost only 3/3/5/10 lumber.

-all air, siege, navy and elites are limited except satyr coz they weaker

Deadwing
-deadwing appears and goes mad in 20 minutes game time roaming around map and attacking all 4 factions. He is OP but wont attack buildings so he is not too annoying
-when deadwing dies explosion kills every unit in decent radius and he drops spawn dragon soul
-dragon soul is OP item in game but it deal periodic damage to unit carrying it and can not be dropped until unit dies, archimonde on level 20 unlocks spell immunity so after that he is only hero strong enough to vield it without dying.

Time travelers
-unlike "real" war of the ancients In my version whole armies time travel there not just 2 pepega heroes
Every 15 minutes this message appeears:
"Old gods are tampering with timeways. Nozdormu tries to stop them, result is unpredictable and magnified by unstable well of eternity!"
And then one of this 6 options happens radomly:
"Magni Bronzebeard was teleported to this timeline with his dwarven army! He joined Kaldorei Resistance forces."
"Uther was teleported to this timeline with Lordaeron army! He joined Kaldorei Resistance forces."
"Thrall was teleported to this timeline with Horde army! He joined Kaldorei Resistance forces."
"Arthas was teleported to this timeline with undead army! He joined Burning legion forces."
"Rend Blackhand was teleported to this timeline fel army! He joined Burning legion forces."
"Old Gods army was teleported to this timeline. They joined Burning legion forces."

-these armies are not controlled by player and they just march to mount hyal on well of eternity depending on their allegiance
-there are also planed neutral armies like Forsaken and Scarlet crusade which will just roam around and attack everyone

Cinematics:
-there is around 1 minute starting cinematic slightly differend for each faction, explaining basics.

Victory conditions
Good team wins if they capture well of eternity and loose if they loose mount hyal
Evil team wins if they capture mount hyal and loose if they loose well of eternity

Bugs and balance
I already playtested map in multiplayer and it works as intented without game breaking bugs AFIK so anybody can play it. I did some adjustements but I am pretty sure game is still unbalanced that can be fixed over time.

Performance
For example I fixed leaks in 12 triggers which spawn units every 3 minutes but in that one which spawns once 15 minutes I just did not care for now.

Protection
Map is unprotected anyone can try make the map better I guess.

Conclusion
This is best War of The Ancients Map if u think there is better one show it to me MUAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

Map Overview:
map.jpg

Attachments

• War of the ancients beta 2.79.w3x
    4.1 MB · Views: 15