• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] War of The Ancients - why nobody made map on this theme?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
When I searched for it:
Google found NOTHING
Duckduckgo (I want their drugs what they were taking when coming up with this name) found NOTHING

It has so much potential no? Why nobody made it? I can make it, but I was hoping some profesional would do it insead of me 😅.

So anyway my idea:
1v1 map where Kaldorei Restiance fights Burning Legion
Kaldorei wins if they reach Well of Eternity and close it
Burning Legion wins if they reach World Tree

Map should be roughly in this square:
this.jpg
I am transorming terrain of my old map to accomodate to it slowly:
slowly.jpg
Other ideas I have for map so far:
Player will get units like in three ways:
Buy with gold which they will get periodically, it will be fixed value
Some will spawn at bases in long intervals so there is reason for players to go around and kill bases not just push tree/well of eternity
Wood will special resource gained by kills, 1 kill 1 wood, for it players will be able to call special units to battle for kaldorei it will be for example blue/red/broznze dragonflight....

Anyway if game will drag too long there will be huge black dragon netharion going crazy attacking everyone with like 464665465 health and 45456465 attack it should tip scales to somebody favour eventually if he is killed it kills like units in 25% map radius because demon soul power exploding or something.

If games still drags after that heroes will become unreviable.

And if games STILL drags after that there will be timer for sargeas coming trough well of eternity and if Kaldorei resitance do not stop it in time they loose, but Kaldorei will get big boost of recources so they can attempt that final push.

Last idea is about time travel shinnanigens as u know there were some guys teleported to war of ancients timeline but they did not belong here.
I kinda want expand it extreamelly so periodically there will teleported some random army on random place (there will be like 5 places where they can appear), that army will be under computer controll and help Kaldorei resistance or Burning legion depending who are they will be....

Types of armies which can appear:
Dwarves of Khaz Modam they will join Kaldorei Resistance
Army of Lordareon they will join Kaldorei Resistance
Warsong Clan they will join Kaldorei Resistance
Frostwolf Clan they will join Kaldorei Resistance
Fell horde they will join The Burning Legion
Scourge army they will join The Burning Legion
Old gods army they will join The Burning Legion

There will be also possibility of appering army that will attack everyone on sight:
Scarlet Crusade
Sylvanas Forsaken

So yeah thats my idea, somebody do it😆
I mean I can do it I already started, there is not problem of me not finishing maps, there is problem of quality of them😙

Level 8
😱, well I went and downloaded all of them, sadly I will probably not use them since I am using reforged graphic

Well now I am thinking about placing bases:
Brown is druid
Light blue is Kaldorei resistance
Red is Legion
Purple is Highborne
bases.jpg
If anybody sees something completelly wrong with it speak now or be silent forever.🙃

I think technically druids were under Kaldorei resistance but there are reasons why they are split like this.🤫

Note: players can build their own bases too, but they wont have defensive aura and/or spawn units every 5 minutes or so.

Level 8
This post is made from mobile and from work so there will be a lot of name spelling mistskes as I pull them from memory.

So making factions led me to make map 2v2. It will be playable 1v1 but I think having at least one team mate will be more fun.

Factions are:
Druids
Kaldorei Resistance (KR)
Vs.
Legion
Highborne

Heroes are:
Druid: Cenarius, Malfurion, Illidan
KR: Tyrande, Shandris, Maiev (I would prefer Jarod but maiev has model and voice lines so she will do for now)
Legion: Archimonde, Mannoroth, Tichondrius
Highborne: Azshara, Xavius

All abilities of heroes has been nerfed so they are not army wipers, but some recive on 15 or 20 level additional ability which is pretty strong.
Max level is 20
Hero abilits shortcut is qwer

Evil team has 1 less hero but archimonde is strong as 2, I have to go with my guts for the balance until map is played.

So as said before gold will be used used for regular units (100 g per minute)
Wood will be gained by kills and used to purchase strong unit. Which is:

Druid:
Mountain giants: 10 lumber
Ask Alextrasa for help: 100 lumber
Alextrasa has ability to call 4 red drakes and 8 welps for additional 50 lumber
She has also healing wave, inceeased health regeneration and regenerates health of nearby units.
Ask Ysera for help: 100 lumber
Again extra dragons 50 lumber
Has sleep, and restores mana to nearby units.

Kaldorei Resistance:
Hunteress with hero armor and attack and self ress ability: 10 lumber
Ask Malygos for help: 100 lumber
For extra 50 lumber he will spawn small lamd dragon army.
Has powerfull chain lighting army.
Ask Nozdormu for help: 100 lumber
For 50 lumber he again spawns 4 drakes amd 8 welps
Has powerfull time warp abity

Legion:
- their 4 heavy hiters cost 10-20 Iumber, I dont remember exact numbers
-infernals
-doom guards
-infernal machines
-nether dragons

Highborne
It is satyrs since in book it is stated as gift to become satyr they are weak compared to other factions elites but cost only 3/3/5/10 lumber.

-all air, siege, navy and elites are limited except satyr coz they weaker

All from above was already done :3

All from belove is planned as:
-deadwing appears and goes mad in 30 minutes game time roaming around map and attacking all 4 factions. He WILL be OP but wont attack buildings so he is not too annoying
-when deadwing dies explosion will kill every unit in decent radius and he will spawn dragon soul
-dragon soul will be the most OP item in game but it will deal heavy periodic damage to unit carrying it, drops on death.
-3 based of each faction will spawn 12 units every 3 minutes
-starting cinematic
-ending cinematic
-those accidentall time travel armies
-moar props, environment stuff etc, just making map prettier in general

Ah well this is unformated mess, but when I am home I prefer working on map xD

Last edited:
Level 8
Hi everyone,
I just finished starting cinematics:

and everything else 🙃
I just need some time to comprehend all information in some decent one post and put it in map developement before I relase beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.