• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War in Georgia. Are Russians right or not?

Are Russians right or not?

• right

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • wrong

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do you think, was president Medvedev right, when he started a full-scale war against Georgia in order to protect civilians in South Othetia from Georgian attack, or not?

I just want to now what ordinary people think about it. All propagandistic articles, published by CNN (just compare them to AP or BBC articles) seems very strange.

Level 3
first came information that Georgians attacked South Othetia and killed 12 russian peacekeepers (it happened around 0:00 by Moscow time). Then came information (from Othetian government) that Georgians are using tanks, heavy artillery and war planes. And that 1000 civilians in Othetian capital were killed.

In 4:00 by Moscow time Russians appealed to UN.
Russian tankes entered Georgia only in 16:00 by Moscow time.

Congratulations of fast Russian response, which prevented further killing of civilians. Is funny how this propagandic media always emphasize on the building which was accidentaly struck by a Russian bomb (even American intelligent bombs hits unwanted targets everytime), while they ignore the buildings destroyed by Georgian weapons, including hospital and university.

This invasion was totally irresponsible and idiotic, they did not even plan the attack well. It won't bring anything good to Georgia. They can be lucky that Tbilisi is not already lying in ruins. For the whole country it would be better, if the president and the whole government dissolve before is too late.

Level 21
well damn straight, what the hell are georgia playing at? first off they shouldnt be invading russian territory, and second they definately should be doing it with 1/10th the forces russia has. did you know georgia has 3 helicopters, where as russia has 165...yeh erm, good luck.

Level 35
Georgia started the war. They should have warned the russian peacekeepers in Ossetia to get out from the capital before they invide. The Georgians invaded the capital and ATTACKED THE RUSSIAN PEACEKEEPERS. This IS a hostile action. And provoking Russia with this was simply stupid. They knew exactly that if they attack Russians, there will be war, since these 2 countries have been close to war for years. Now the Russians are gonna bomb them back to the stone age (which I think is a bit brutal [2000 dead in 2 days is too much], and now Georgia is asking for a truce, but Russia will keep it up and show that they are a country not to be messed with.

Level 37
Georgia started the war. They should have warned the russian peacekeepers in Ossetia to get out from the capital before they invide. The Georgians invaded the capital and ATTACKED THE RUSSIAN PEACEKEEPERS. This IS a hostile action. And provoking Russia with this was simply stupid. They knew exactly that if they attack Russians, there will be war, since these 2 countries have been close to war for years. Now the Russians are gonna bomb them back to the stone age (which I think is a bit brutal [2000 dead in 2 days is too much], and now Georgia is asking for a truce, but Russia will keep it up and show that they are a country not to be messed with.

That's what I'm talking about. +rep

Level 35
Russians are not stupid, they'd never launch a nuke on a country near them. And the americans ain't gonna help the Georgians, since they don't wanna risk WWIII for some unknown country that doesn't have any oil or minerals. They didn't interfere in 1956 either, when Hungary rebelled against the Soviet Union.

Level 17
This is kinda stupid if you ask me...

Why kill peace keepers? Why invade Russia soon after?

They could have just imprisoned them!

Fuck yeah. That's what they get. Russia is still a ZERO TOLERANCE country when it comes to this shit.

Turns into

Fuck yeah. That's what those peace keepers get. Georgia is still a ZERO TOLERANCE country when it comes to that shit.

Hmm, looks like a bully got bullied by a bigger bully...

Level 9
Russia is seriously overreacting. They destroyed an entire city in Georgia and thousands of people are now dead.

A person on another forum made a thread about this thing. He was worrying about getting nuked because he lives in Long Island. Half the forum had to explain to him that Georgia is also a country in Europe.

Level 35
dude are you crazy? one of the biggest oil lines in the world runs through georgia, the one connecting azerbaijain with western europe, that one owned by bp that was in that bond film and splinter cell; it may not have any oil itself, but its a very important international hub.

I know, but since the USA can't profit from it (they could, by controlling the traffic going trough, but they'd ruin their "worldwide protector" image), or at least not much enough to risk WWIII. I'm almost certain that if Russia would invide let's say Saudi Arabia, and start taking other middle-eastern countries, the US would act sooner or later.

And if USA could gain control of Georgia, they couldn't hold it for too long. Georgia won't get any help from the outside.

Level 14
Russia is seriously overreacting. They destroyed an entire city in Georgia and thousands of people are now dead.

Agreed. I heard a report, not sure if it's true, that Russians were targetting civilians. IF that's true, then it's pathetic. IF it's not, then it's good propaganda.

A person on another forum made a thread about this thing. He was worrying about getting nuked because he lives in Long Island. Half the forum had to explain to him that Georgia is also a country in Europe.

Nice.

EDIT: Also I, as any decent American should, am rooting for Georgia.

Level 3
Russia is seriously overreacting. They destroyed an entire city in Georgia and thousands of people are now dead
actually it was Georgians, who destroyed the city. Russians started attack to stop this madness; "ethnic cleanings", as government says. Most of killed civilians have Russian citizenship.

Now Russians are bombing entire Georgia - but only military facilities. Even Georgian officials says that only 60 civilians were killed (compare this to 2000 killed by Georgian army in Othetia).

one of the biggest oil lines in the world runs through georgia
I wouldn't be surprised if this line would be destroyd soon. By "miss", of course.

Level 36
I'm rooting for Russia. Someone needs to put Georgia in it's place. I believe that Russia is justified in what it's doing, and I'm not even going to read the news about it, because the media doesn't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time. If it turns out Russia was in the wrong, well, so much the worse for Georgia.

Level 14
I'm rooting for Russia. Someone needs to put Georgia in it's place. I believe that Russia is justified in what it's doing, and I'm not even going to read the news about it, because the media doesn't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time. If it turns out Russia was in the wrong, well, so much the worse for Georgia.

It's probable that you're right, not disputing that :p

EDIT: Russia is evil. Oops. Anywho, I don't really care who's in the wrong. There's no way Georgia can win, unless NATO and the UN intervene.

Level 6
Hmm..
Im from Russia, so i have to say something here.
Everyone in the world hates Russia. Especially USA and North Europe (Finland, Norway, etc.). Why? Because Russia is communist, fashist (such nonsense.. who won the war against german fashism?), blah, blah, blah, etc.
Mass media rules over the world, because mass media makes people think what media controlers want. But i think people should not be like hive mind.. and sometime resist these mind controling things >.>
Some time ago Georgian president called Bush and said:
- "Hey, dude, if we attack Russia and provoke them to attack us and th'n say the world *OMG RUSSIA IS KILLING GEORGIAN CIVILANS!!!* will you help us?"
- "Hmmz.. Let me think.. Do i like Russia? Not really.. Okay then, we will help you with information backup and military power"
- "Hey, thanks you! I will suck your **** for that!"
- "You're welcome!"

And now.. This creature, called human for some nonsense kills over 2 thousands civilians just to show the world that Russia is bad again. I don't think that the prize worth the money.
And now Saakashvili dares to go to law (err no idea how to say right, my dictionary sucks) at Hague's court about Russia killing Georgian civilians. What the hell is that?
This pisses me off so much.
And like hour ago Georgia began bombardment of South Ossetia again. And right now civilians are dying. But you watch TV and you see "OH MY GOD RUSSIA KILLS CIVILIANS AND INVADES INNOCENT COUNTRY!!! OMGZ OMGZ OMGZ!", while we are trying to protect these innocent people.
Thousands of men are going volounter to protect South Ossetia right now, i tried it too, but they didn't get me (only over 23 years old allowed:sad:)

And when you think again about Russian fashism, you should ask yourself *Why* first.

P.S. Bleh.. It will be no wonder if Georgia nuke their own territories and say that Russia did that...

Level 35
Hmm..
Everyone in the world hates Russia. Especially USA and North Europe (Finland, Norway, etc.). Why? Because Russia is communist, fashist (such nonsense.. who won the war against german fashism?), blah, blah, blah, etc.
Mass media rules over the world, because mass media makes people think what media controlers want. But i think people should not be like hive mind.. and sometime resist these mind controling things >.>
Some time ago Georgian president called Bush and said:
- "Hey, dude, if we attack Russia and provoke them to attack us and th'n say the world *OMG RUSSIA IS KILLING GEORGIAN CIVILANS!!!* will you help us?"
- "Hmmz.. Let me think.. Do i like Russia? Not really.. Okay then, we will help you with information backup and military power"
- "Hey, thanks you! I will suck your **** for that!"
- "You're welcome!"

And now.. This creature, called human for some nonsense kills over 2 thousands civilians just to show the world that Russia is bad again. I don't think that the prize worth the money.
And now Saakashvili dares to go to law (err no idea how to say right, my dictionary sucks) at Hague's court about Russia killing Georgian civilians. What the hell is that?
This pisses me off so much.
And like hour ago Georgia began bombardment of South Ossetia again. And right now civilians are dying. But you watch TV and you see "OH MY GOD RUSSIA KILLS CIVILIANS AND INVADES INNOCENT COUNTRY!!! OMGZ OMGZ OMGZ!", while we are trying to protect these innocent people.
Thousands of men are going volounter to protect South Ossetia right now, i tried it too, but they didn't get me (only over 23 years old allowed:sad:)

And when you think again about Russian fashism, you should ask yourself *Why* first.

P.S. Bleh.. It will be no wonder if Georgia nuke their own territories and say that Russia did that...

Yeah, that's true, and we agree with you. Also, if the Russians didn't "attack" the Georgians would continue the mass genocide against Russian civilians living in Georgia. And about the civilian casualties: 2000 people died when Georgia invaded the Ossetian capital, it wasn't like Russian tanks were just randomly blasting up Georgian houses. That's bullshit. And also, the Russians are bombing military targets and fortified positions, when they say that the Russians bombed a civilian house, they don't say it was garrisoned by Georgian soldiers. *sarcasm* Thank you, capitalist media very much for showing us the truth.*sarcasm*

Level 6
Right now Georgia bombards with heavy artillery (Grad, or whatever) a road with refugees who try to leave dangerous area.

P.S. Georgian ships tried to destroy Russian ship blockade that blocks Georgia from the sea.. Lulz, they got hardly pwned, two georgian ships destroyed X.x

Level 14
Agreed... Ever since I learned Georgia is the fault and was aided by the US with weapons and that they killed the peace keepers... It pisses me off how the media (CNN) is showing what Russia did and not what Georgia did...

If you're listening to CNN then you deserve to be misinformed.

CNN got out of the news business a long time ago.

Not to start a fight, which of course is always fun, but maybe Georgia isn't too keen on Russia because they were forced to be under their rule in the Soviet Union.

And Landy, Russia cannot take sole credit for stopping German fascism. To do so would be extraordinarily ignorant.

Also, if you love Communism so much, why did it ruin your countries' economy so badly you're only just starting to recover.

On a similar note. Westerners do not hate Russians. Westerners hate the Russian government, much like you seem to hate our government. So boohoo get over it.

It was the post-soviet era that ruined the economy the most.

Hmm..

North Europe too? I thought that relations are good there.

Level 37
Landy said:
Everyone in the world hates Russia. Especially USA and North Europe (Finland, Norway, etc.). Why?
I'm from Finland I definitely not hate Russian. I think Russian is very nice country and is one of my favorite countries in the world.

Landy said:
Agreed... Ever since I learned Georgia is the fault and was aided by the US with weapons and that they killed the peace keepers... It pisses me off how the media (CNN) is showing what Russia did and not what Georgia did...
CNN is always tells bullshit. It's basic America shit.

Arvedui said:
On a similar note. Westerners do not hate Russians. Westerners hate the Russian government, much like you seem to hate our government. So boohoo get over it.
Hmm... I'm from "west" and I hate western goverments, but I don't hate Russian goverment.

Level 14
Finland is western country. We have all what western countries have and we are even more technology than most of the wester countries.

Finland can pretend that it's westernized but it's North Europe.

@Vicboy, CNN was started in America, but as I said before it hasn't told the real news for about 20 years. So cry more about CNN please, it makes me laugh.

Will you really blow up if I say sad? Sad? Sad?

Level 17
@Vicboy, CNN was started in America, but as I said before it hasn't told the real news for about 20 years. So cry more about CNN please, it makes me laugh.

Will you really blow up if I say sad? Sad? Sad?

1) Cry what more of CNN? I dun't get it...

2) No, jeez, someone has some ego here... But, why use sad? It's like saying n00b or 1337 or lmao... People just doesn't need to use those...

Level 14
2) No, jeez, someone has some ego here... But, why use sad? It's like saying n00b or 1337 or lmao... People just doesn't need to use those...

It was a joke..

You said:

Oh the world is full of sad facts... So better stop saying "sad" before I blow up...

So I made a joke. Tried to bring some levity to a tense situation. Apparently you didn't get it. Oh well.

Level 24
Arvedui: Don't you know, CNN has been telling real news for its entire lifetime. You seem to be mistaking "news" for "facts". News organisations are still businesses.

Level 6
ye, i read it some hours ago. real bullshit.

P.S. Saakshvili just said that Russian army conquered Georgia.. LOL! We didnt even cross the borders.. I wonder if there are ppl who can trust such bullshit

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I tl;dr'd the first few posts after I read people saying Georgia started the war.

Actually, this is a conflict that has been going on for quite some time, this is the general time line (without dates, I'm not that good)

1) South Othetia breaks from Georgia

2) South Othetia and Georgia fighting

3) Russian peace keepers come in, stopping the fighting

4) Russia builds up Diplomatic ties with Othetia, pissing Georgia off in the process

5) Georgia attacks South Othetia

6) Russia tells them to stop, otherwise they'll send troops in

7) Georgia calls Russia out

8) Russia sends (or is sending) troops in

9) Georgia declares war

10) (Future) WW3, we all nuke the shit out of each other.

edit:
FreshMobster said:
(it's in russian, so translate it yourself if you don't know the language)

How can we translate something if we don't know the Language? :p

Surely you mean get google/babel fish to translate it for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.