1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Vol'jin

Submitted by Heinvers, Stefan.K
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A cooperation made model for the Paired modeling/texturing contest by me and Heinvers. Finally it's finished and it's ready to be uploaded. It's based on the Orc hero Shadow hunter as I found those animations the most fitting.
It has both 256 and 512 versions of texture, so if someone has complains of 512 version of texture and it's large to him, considering file size, he can always use 256 one.

Update: I just deleted apostrophe from the model's name because of the Hive's bug so people won't have to edit it every time they download the model.
Contents

Voljin (Model)

Voljin_Portrait (Model)

Vol'jin missile (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Excellent use of standard animations and an equally excellent skin. Works in-game and performs well. Great job.
  1. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @Kyrbi0 ears must be ringing really hard.

2. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, just like Heinvers said, he didn't want to lower the quality of the texture so people can do it if it's to much for them since Blizzard updated map size limit.

3. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I should read all comments before posting next time. : )))

4. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Beautiful model. The texture style is a little different than what you usually see with WarCraft III but it works very well with the model. The animations fit well, and I especially like the particle choice on the Stand Channel animation.

By the way, just wanted to point out that the texture used by the model is Vol'jinTC_512.blp and the texture in the download lacks the apostrophe. Minor thing but I'm sure someone will complain that it doesn't work in-game later. ;)

5. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's strange. I just checked files that I uploaded and they all are named with apostrophe and when I just downloaded the model from here it doesn't. I think it is some bug with the Hive...

6. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Quite possibly. I mean, it's not like it's a complex fix or anything for the user if it does happen. Just wanted to point it out.

7. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks for pointing that out. The same 'problem' occurred when I downloaded Hayate's Ravencrest model, his model also had apostrophe and when downloaded it doesn't have it.
    But as you said, the others can easily 'fix' that. I'll update that when the contest is over and the results come out.

8. Erindeir

Erindeir

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! Looks very cool, mon!

9. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I can confirm this. When downloading, the texture has the TC Stefan.K uploaded along with the correct model parts.

It is just a minor bug with Hive's viewer.

10. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Heck yeah they are...

Lol guys.

~~~

So hey, very cool! As a lover of Jungle Trolls, I approve. Of course, I worry about his backpack in Stand Victory; kinda juts into his skull during the course of the anim. Shadow Hunter was, overall, a pretty good fit, though.

Not quite sure how well it would fit in-game next to standard units (a bit HD for my liking), but impressive work, and good luck!

11. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Fantastic work guys!

12. Sylvanas Windrunner

Sylvanas Windrunner

Resources:
    Resources:
    ____________________________________________________ Can't even say a word :D :D :D 10/5

"GOOD JOB YA MON"

13. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Excellent use of standard animations and an equally excellent skin.
    Works in-game and performs well.
    Great job.

14. Habipo

Habipo

Resources:
    Resources:
    sick. i love a beast animalistic bad mother fucker looking troll 8.5/10

15. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great model! I used it in my AoS map. 5/5

Currently the path for the texture that the troll model and the missile model require are different (the dreaded apostroph). I had to change it before it worked.

16. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    I imported the missile model and set as the attack model for the missile, but it's invisible. What am I doing wrong?

17. Lordlycan

Lordlycan

Resources:
    Resources:
    fit well withing the universe and solid execution

18. Painbrand

Painbrand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahh gonna t'row him into dah Orc campaign once ah figure out how ta make a custom one. Dis one t'anks ya, Mon!

19. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not a huge fan of the portrait. Looks too (sorry for my wording) goofy? Doesn't send a hunter-in-the-night-voodoo-warrior kind of vibe

20. Fenris'ar

Fenris'ar

Resources:
    Resources:
    This model looks very cool.