• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJass] (System) CustomTalentTree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
You're so nerdy.

What I except from it:
  • A talent tree with inferior trees, which might also have other inferior trees.
  • Each one should have a default icon, a disabled icon, a description, a skill point cost and maybe a class dependence (a warrior shouldn't be able to learn a fireball spell)

That's what I came up with for now, I might be adding a few other things later.

Level 5
Here is an example of the WoW talent system...

feralbuildiii1.png

probably a little more advanced than what this will look like.

Level 13
Its not confusing at all :)
There are 3 different trees, each of them uses a different collum (the backgrounds).
The rows mean, that you only can access the next row, if you've spent 5 points in the previous one. Arrows mean, that the skills has to be maxed out before allowing acces to the others.

Level 12
subscribing and saying that you should make this so if you right click a slot it adds the clicked ability to the normal UI as like a quick select with when deactivated it removes the ability also make it so you can only have a max number of set amount of quick selected spells :thumbs_up:

Level 13
So, how is it going with this System? Are you focusing on CustomInventory and CustomMissile ?

Level 7
You could use trackables for hovering and use units for clicking. I've done it before and it's even somewhat good enough to detect where the mouse is, but only to the accurate size of the trackables. For buttons on a system like an inventory or an skill tree it would work fine. I'll attach the map but please understand a lot of it is just random rush work because i was trying to get it to work and i'm not the greatest coder. I am somewhat good at object editor data. The key to getting the clicks to grab the unit always was to have the selection circle above and the model of the unit also determined the selection. Test using Player 1 Red. And yes it works for multiple players just i'm lazy in setting it up.

Attachments

• ffffff.w3x
    58.8 KB · Views: 95
Level 13
I think that it can have learn and unlearn spell. When click on an spell you get description of it over whole window, and icon of it, and when you press on it again, you will learn that spell. Good idea too, will be to make here combinating of spells, something like Water and Fire to make spell that if you fire it on ground it will burn out fire if you fire it on water it will get out water. Do you get what i mean?

Level 7
I know how to do, but it's ugly, I don't want to unselect the unit the player is using just to get a rightclick to work.

Indeed, hence why the unit that they are using is re-selected with triggers basically instantly. In the situation of buttons, it's a lot more faster/accurate than my rough mouse detection that I was working on.

If you want the unit to still attack with regular wc3 systems and ignore you clicks then you can select a new dummy unit for detecting left/right clicks, or alternatively you can save and issue the last unit's order right before he right click'd the unit.

I just think that the ability to have right clicks in a skill tree at least would be something that would provide a lot more functionality.

The_Reborn_Devil prepares his resignation
Lol.

lool, you have say that to me! yiipee. (that was been my idea but you know it)
Wrong, I planned that before CustomInventory actually.

I guess CTT will barely be in beta before of July, and my CA is not (at least not now) thought for being public.

It will connected with my new map project, which I just started.
My gf will be back from russia trip so I won't have that much time anymore.

Good bye good world, I'll be free again when she's not around.

Level 12
CustomTree might be done with requirement number point achievement like:

Flame Spear generates 3 FlameSkill points per level and requires 7 FlameSkill points to be "researched". The player might reach that 7 by "researching" skills that give him "points".

Example: two levels of Flameball (1 flameskill pt each), 3 lvls of FlameMastery (1 flameskill pt each), and 1 lvl ArcaneMagic (2 anyskill pts).

You may merge this with normal requirement system aswell o_O. it's only an idea.

Level 14
for flexibility you should add the system some optional features such as resetting the talent points, number of trees (maybe use tabs for them), limitations (class, level, previously spent points), 2 slightly different UIs for one system (e.g. maybe a more minimalistic pet talent tree)?

ofc all of this is obvious and this post useless, but im saying this jn case you might have not thought of all of these.

Level 12
Yes, the use of tabs would be cool. Like in your browser. When you select another tab you show all the images of the selected tab and hide the current images and change value of the trackables. Instead of having 3 colums on the screen at once. Also show/hiding is faster than creating.

Status
Not open for further replies.