1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Villager.blp

Submitted by Tails96
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A very simple villager from the northern realms.
This is my first skin on the site (uploaded again, with some modifications), so I hope that you like it...

Keywords:
village, villager, north, fur, green, brown, beard, medieval.
Contents

Villager.blp (Texture)

Reviews
17:00, 27th Feb 2011 shiiK: Two weeks has passed with no update, moving to rejected to keep it clean. shiiK: It's quite blurry and the face is looking a lot like the original villager. I suggest you work some more with it to make a unique facial...
  1. 17:00, 27th Feb 2011
    shiiK: Two weeks has passed with no update, moving to rejected to keep it clean.
    21:38, 13th Feb 2011
    shiiK: It's quite blurry and the face is looking a lot like the original villager. I suggest you work some more with it to make a unique facial structure. Furthermore, the facial hair is somewhat odd and seems to be of a different tone than his hair (different part in the UW). Anyway, the main problem is the blurriness. It can be quite easily solved by using smaller brushes with high opacity to define edges are details you want to stand out. As far as I can tell from the UW, his iris looks rather awkward as well? I haven't tested the portrait so I can't be sure.

2. -BLOOD_BATH-

-BLOOD_BATH-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great skins! :)
    But I just don't like the pants, maybe you should change the weird white thingies on the pants to other creatives. (Not the socks)
    Overall, 4/5
    Good luck in your project! :plol:

3. Drake0

Drake0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow.. That's Awesome, for sure we need more poor peasant models/skins.

4. -BLOOD_BATH-

-BLOOD_BATH-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, it's rare, and helpful :)
    ------------------------------
    Oh my god... I miss something!
    So I think this is the first "Northern Human Villager"! Well, this is creative dude!

5. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It looks pretty good. However, I don't think it has 75% freehand, which is needed for approval.

6. Tails96

Tails96

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I edited almost everything, except the ears and the inside of the mouth. Sorry, this is all I can.

But I am glad to see that you like it.

7. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You should have updated this skin from the first one you posted rather than re-submit it :/

Anyways, this is looking better but also rather blurry. It's hard to tell weather the edges of the shirt are furry or overlapping another piece of fabric. The facial hair isn't quite right, hair is hard to do in general - especially with a limited size to work with. There are some pretty good tutorials on this site concerning hair, and you can always Google search comics to see how say, marvel makes hair detailed with a limited number of lines.

The center of the shirt is pretty kick-ass with all it's details and subtitles, and the faint teal color showing through looks pretty nice on this. It would be pretty awesome if you carried that level of detail to the entire skin.

8. Tails96

Tails96

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, when I saw the results of the newest Concept Art Contest, I decided to start skinning. It is not easy at all, but I am satisfied with my first try.

9. snowman990

snowman990

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    He looks like a slave...and this should be very usefull!

10. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    very nice skin dude!! 5/5 :thumbs_up:

offtopic
    i think that in the preview picture you should make a snowy terrain xD

11. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you should really fix up that blurryness, it'll look good as a guy that got stuck in an island. 3/5

12. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i see nothing special here...