• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
A very simple villager from the northern realms.
This is my first skin on the site (uploaded again, with some modifications), so I hope that you like it...

Keywords:
village, villager, north, fur, green, brown, beard, medieval.
Contents

Villager.blp (Texture)

Reviews
17:00, 27th Feb 2011 shiiK: Two weeks has passed with no update, moving to rejected to keep it clean. shiiK: It's quite blurry and the face is looking a lot like the original villager. I suggest you work some more with it to make a unique facial...

M

17:00, 27th Feb 2011
shiiK: Two weeks has passed with no update, moving to rejected to keep it clean.
shiiK: It's quite blurry and the face is looking a lot like the original villager. I suggest you work some more with it to make a unique facial structure. Furthermore, the facial hair is somewhat odd and seems to be of a different tone than his hair (different part in the UW). Anyway, the main problem is the blurriness. It can be quite easily solved by using smaller brushes with high opacity to define edges are details you want to stand out. As far as I can tell from the UW, his iris looks rather awkward as well? I haven't tested the portrait so I can't be sure.

Level 4
Great skins! :)
But I just don't like the pants, maybe you should change the weird white thingies on the pants to other creatives. (Not the socks)
Overall, 4/5
Good luck in your project! :plol:

Level 38
You should have updated this skin from the first one you posted rather than re-submit it :/

Anyways, this is looking better but also rather blurry. It's hard to tell weather the edges of the shirt are furry or overlapping another piece of fabric. The facial hair isn't quite right, hair is hard to do in general - especially with a limited size to work with. There are some pretty good tutorials on this site concerning hair, and you can always Google search comics to see how say, marvel makes hair detailed with a limited number of lines.

The center of the shirt is pretty kick-ass with all it's details and subtitles, and the faint teal color showing through looks pretty nice on this. It would be pretty awesome if you carried that level of detail to the entire skin.