• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vigilance - Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Ahoy, it's been a while since I made anything, at all really.

And since I love shocking all your little hearts, I'm here to tell you that I am making maps.
Yes, plural. In fact, I plan on making an entire campaign, which will be playable, and hopefully
beautiful. I'll give you all a moment to catch your breath.

The campaign I aim to make is a tower defence campaign, inspired by one of my favourite TD
games ever to be released on mobile devices, and now also on steam: Kingdom Rush. It will
borrow many gameplay mechanics from this game, but I'll do my very best to make my own
campaign stand apart from it as much as possible. I will be using this thread to upload WIPs
of the terrains as I make them, for feedback and such. (I will eventually make a thread in the
map development forum as well).

Link to the map development thread:

Attachments

• NOVER.png
    NOVER.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 369
  • NWIP1.png
    NWIP1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 334
  • NWIP2.png
    NWIP2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 293
  • NWIP3.png
    NWIP3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 292
  • NWIP4.png
    NWIP4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 301
  • NWIP5.png
    NWIP5.png
    2 MB · Views: 277
  • NWIP6.png
    NWIP6.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 274
  • NWIP7.png
    NWIP7.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 309
  • NWIP8.png
    NWIP8.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 287
  • NWIP9.png
    NWIP9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Once again - thank you facebook. Almost missed this as well. Damn, I really am not as active as I used to be :/

Anyhow - this looks lovely - cannot wait to try it out. Really like the feel and aesthetics.

Level 28
TD Campaign? That alone would be interesting enough, but you managed to pull out such a cool terrain for a TD - now it is even cooler.

So, it already looks beautiful. I'd go for another fog colour if I were you, as the current one is kind of boring and brings down the verdant beauty of the kingdom IMO. However that might be your intention, depending on the storyline.

Level 36
Thanks for all the support so far guys, I haven't gotten too much time to work on this the last couple days due to holiday stuff.

But I imagine I will be able to work a little ore on it soon, I've already started terraining another level: VanCleef's Hideout (Westfall).

I agree about the fog, and I've already changed it for a pale yellow to bring out the happy go lucky style this first level is all about,
I've also added some few more details, but nothing enough to warrent another update. I will include some updated shots of the first
map when I post the next batch of WIPs :)

Level 36
Second batch aport!

This time you get a sneak peek at the fourth stage: VanCleef's Hideout.

And as promised: I will update the main post with the latest version of screenshots of Northshire.

Also, if you find yourself frothing at the mouth and browsing for assassins to send my way because I didn't
represent Westfall the way you wanted me to, or the way it is in WoW, then I'd like to remind you that, as I
said in the map development thread, I retain my right to re-envision the world of Azeroth as I see fit.

I chose to go for a pirateish theme and tropical beach at the coast-side of this terrain for the sake of variation
and because I wanted to. Furthermore, I think it fits very well with the underlying pirate nature of the
Defias Brotherhood in general.

Attachments

• VHOVER.png
    VHOVER.png
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • VHWIP1.png
    VHWIP1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • VHWIP2.png
    VHWIP2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • VHWIP3.png
    VHWIP3.png
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • VHWIP4.png
    VHWIP4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • VHWIP5.png
    VHWIP5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 114
  • VHWIP6.png
    VHWIP6.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • VHWIP7.png
    VHWIP7.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • VHWIP8.png
    VHWIP8.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • VHWIP9.png
    VHWIP9.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
Level 36
Here comes a new batch of WIPshots!

This time around they're a bit more on the raw side.

These are of the third stage, Westbrook Garrison, and I can promise
you WoW players out there that yes, yes this map will have a certain
special gnoll as the final boss ;)

Attachments

• WGOVER.png
    WGOVER.png
    927.8 KB · Views: 128
  • WGWIP1.png
    WGWIP1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
  • WGWIP2.png
    WGWIP2.png