• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Very basic attack waves (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK so I searched this forum for "attack waves" but I found lot of nonsense.

I need very basic attack waves. When game time is 60 seconds a computer controlled player sends Footman to attack and when game time is 120 seconds it sends 2 Footmans attack.

Do I use triggers to create this or AI editor? Some map with working example would be great.

Last edited:
Level 28
You could use a countdown timer or simply use Elapsed game time event to issue the AI to start attack waves. Example :
  • Init Attack Waves
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start AttackWave01 as a One shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Start AttackWave02 as a One shot timer that will expire in 120.00 seconds
  • Start Attack 01
    • Events
      • Time - AttackWave01 expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 6 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region A) facing 0 degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region A) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move toward (Center of Region B))

Level 3
Thank you Warseeker! My version of trigger:

• Attack wave 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 180.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 2 Militia for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of Gather <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Gather <gen>) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Attack <gen>))
There is some minor difference on my version because there is <gen> word after region. On your version there is not.

"Gather" and "Attack" are names of two regions.

= =

Triggers:
Unit - Create units facing angle ... Center of Region
Unit Group - Pick Every Unit In Unit Group And Do Action ... Unit - Issue Order Targeting A Point ... Center of Region

Regions: (Use region layer)
Gather
Attack

No variables

SOLVED

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
There is some minor difference on my version because there is <gen> word after region. On your version there is not.
Because he either wrote it himself and forgot to add it or cnp'ed and removed it... irrelevant to your question.
You can use
  • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of someregion <gen>)
For attacking units to form a group formation, if you are trying to send a group with less or equal to 12 units.

Level 28
I usually do it in 3 triggers:
1. order buildings to train units (make sure AI player has enough supply and resources - cheat if necessary)
2. add trained units to unit group and ignore trained units guard position
3. wait a few minutes and order unit group to attack move to target location

a 4th loop trigger that calls itself every X minutes controls triggers 1 and 3

Status
Not open for further replies.