• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help - Creep Waves (Get Stronger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a Hero Defence game and I want to make a creep wave system where, the creeps get stronger every 5 waves, and it comes up with a timer (Leaderboard) telling you when it is going to get harder (Like it X Hero Siege).

I have some triggering for a wave system, but I cannot figure out how to make the waves get stronger;

• First Wave Time
    • Events
      • Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
      • Unit - Create 3 Spider for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Left Corner Spawner <gen>) facing 315.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 3 Spider for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Left Corner Spawner 2 <gen>) facing 45.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 3 Spider for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Right Corner Spawner 2 <gen>) facing 315.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 3 Spider for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Right Corner Spawner <gen>) facing 135.00 degrees
  • Walk First
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Left Corner Spawner <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Starting Region <gen>)
  • Walk Second
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Left Corner Spawner 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Starting Region <gen>)
  • Walk Third
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Right Corner Spawner 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
  • Walk Fourth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Right Corner Spawner <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
I put the map on the attachments, if you need to see what I'm trying to do or w/e reason.

Help would be much appreciated :goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• Fire Fight.w3x
    58.2 KB · Views: 127
Level 14
Make an upgrade and add a level to the upgrade every x minutes

This, or a system that checks every ... how many units have been killed by the players in order to ballance the difficulty.

When everything gets killed within a certain amount of time, increase the difficulty.
Or whenever the players are struggling to get out of what seems to be a lost battle, decrease the difficulty.

If you simply just want to keep increasing the difficulty every 5 waves, then you can use unit upgrades, or simply increase their health, replace the units etc, etc.
There are lots of possibilities here. It's whatever you preferr.

Level 17
i think best way the reserch level.........

make a new upgrade, set to that much level how much time u want stronger mobs and change the data 1-4 field , depend u want attack speed, hp, armor, damage, movement speed to mobs

then after each wave (or every 5th) do just this (in my exampel the creep wave maker player is 12 but u can change that)
  • Player - Set the current research level of *your upgrade* to ((Current research level of *your upgrade* for Player 12 (Brown)) + 1) for Player 12 (Brown)
simple add this your custom upgrade to every unit in object editor so enough a single trigger for make them stronger.

i also use this for make summoned unit stronger depend on hero who summon (since hero cant delevel its work well also not problem make it lv100 coz u must set only 1-4 value and not 100-400 :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.