• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need HELP I have a trigger BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
not evvry unit is entering the region 30 % of the unit's are stoping before it
what can I do to fix it?
  • unit spawner
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 wtf is that for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Random point in Region 341 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Random point in Region 342 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Snap Dragon for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Random point in Region 341 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Random point in Region 342 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Snap Dragon for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Random point in Region 341 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • T1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 342 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to wtf is that
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Snap Dragon
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Move To (Random point in Region 343 <gen>)
:infl_thumbs_up:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is because everything is triggered too soon. Every 2 seconds of the game... most likely, the Order Unit action is not triggering fast enough, so I suggest you use small waits between them.
I hope the problem was in the first trigger, since you didn't make it clear.

Level 9
This is because everything is triggered too soon. Every 2 seconds of the game... most likely, the Order Unit action is not triggering fast enough, so I suggest you use small waits between them.
I hope the problem was in the first trigger, since you didn't make it clear.

no no I men't that the unit (3 unit's) are moving great but only that when thay got to the 1-rest region some are getting stoped and ather continue forlard (the second trigger)

sorry for my bad spelling
:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 13
I think you will need a seperate trigger for the first one, first, remove the move last created unit to... You will need another trigger for it. Make it so if
Events:
a unit enters 341
Conditions:
Unit-type of triggering unit equal to wtf
Actions:
Unit - Order (Triggering unit to move to(where you want it to)

Tell me if this fixes it.

Level 8
I'm doing this out of my head, sorry, I do not have my program with me.

Event: every 2 seconds

Conditions: yada yada yada

Actions:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 snap dragon for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Random Point in (Random point in Region 341 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of (Random point in Region 342 <gen>)
  • Wait 0.01 seconds
    • Unit - Create 1 WTF for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Random Point in (Random point in Region 341 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of (Random point in Region 342 <gen>)
As for your second trigger, Try having If/Then Else multiple functions where each unit type has its own segment.

I doubt that will help much, but it may.

Doing a Tower Defense sort of map I discovered that spawning a lot of creeps to run from point to point across a map continued to end up with them stopping along the way. Entering tenths of a second waits between unit spawns and for when they are triggered to move on kept things moving slowly.

So what I did for each region along the way I had something along the lines of:

• Red Path 01
  • Events:
  • Unit - A unit enters Red 001 <gen>
  • Conditions:
  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
  • Actions:
  • Wait 0.40 seconds
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Red 002 <gen>)
Now I was spawning 5 to 25 units per "wave". Not only did this insure that they kept on moving it also kept a distance between each unit in a chain.

Also, your triggers leak - meaning you are creating random points each time these trigger fires, each point will remain in the computer and since you are creating random points each and every time (every two seconds) for each unit created and being sent to a point you are creating two points. Those will devour processor power since they are globals that remain.

If you have a series of regions where you are sending these same units on to other random points you are generating even more points. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35124 explains leaks better than I can.

In my earliest maps I discovered how quickly leaks can mess up a map, in this case it is highly possible that the number of leaks you have are causing you issues which can lead to stopped units.

Level 9
none has helpd

I did it by my self I just addet a biger region out of the old one and when the unit enter's it it's moving in the region widowt stoping but I have thested it for about 40-50 sec soon well finde out if I had fixed it or not

nope just redysed the posibility of stoping
and allso thay are going in a line
how can I make a trigger that chek's if the unit in region ( controled by player 11)
is stoped and if it is making it move to the next region

the idea is to make something like on the polar escape series when the player reaches some lvl of the map and the unit's are just starting to spawn and the player slides around them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.