• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vampire Clan Wars 1.1

Vampire Clan Wars

-Vampire Clan Wars-

Welcome to the world of Vampire. You are now one of the eternally damned. Make allies and enemies, fight creatures both living and undead and feed on the mortals of this world. It will be up to you to make sure you see another night.

Author: -Kobas-
Players: FFA
Size: 160x160 (Playable 149x148)
Map size: 2.01 MB (2,113,536 bytes)
Map is protected!
Current Progress -> Version 1.1c

There are 6 Vampire clans, each one has different champion (Hero). Also each clan has 1 unique unit! Each Vampire will burn if he leaves Safe Ground, but if he can't leave Safe Ground how will he feed and survive! Vampire can feed on Slaves or any other Dark Minion!

Day:
Humans are going to work, farmers are working on farm, more guards on duty... Animals are awake...

Night:
Whole new game, because now Vampires are here to attack, destroy and crush their enemies!

Vampire need to feed constantly, if his mana (Blood) reaches 0 he will die!

Ventrue can't feast on animals!

Within the World, there are clans: groups of vampires related to each other through the Embrace with unique Disciplines and Attributes.

The Brujah are passionate idealists. At times, this passion can lead them to trouble since they tend to make their arguments with their fists and not words.

If any clan were close to the Beast, it would be the wildly nomadic Gangrel. Usually preferring to be loners, the Gangrel clan has recently severed its ties with the World. With their feral nature, the Gangrel are much more attuned to animals and have the ability to take on animal forms.

Hideous and disgusting, the Nosferatu are cursed with a grotesque form. Forced into the shadows of the night, the Nosferatu have learned to adapt and hide from society.

The least trusted of the Vampire clans, the Tremere are blood sorcerers. Using blood magic, or Thaumaturgy, the Tremere guard their secrets quite religiously and do not take outsiders into their confidence.

The Vampire leaders of the World, the Ventrue. With their large bank accounts, the Ventrue have acquired quite expensive tastes. This allows them to gain easier acceptance into the World; however, they cannot lower themselves to ever feed on rats.

Insane by nature, the Malkavians see the world in a different light than anyone else. This "insight" allows Malkavians to see the true intentions of others.

Icons, Loading Screen and import stuff ->
All Attack and Armor types done by myself!
Trees, grass and rock models imported from Ultimate Terraning Map 3.0
Also All Icons for Abilities and Disciplines are work of CRAZYRUSSIAN!
Blood Potions are work of GooS!
Loading Screen and minimap done by myself!
The Ventrue Skin is work of Kazzo!
The Malcavians Skin is work of Final Tyrant!
The Malcavians and the Ventrue Vampire Icon is work of Egg!
Item Claymore Icon is work of f SkriK!
Ring Icons are work of kola!

Systems->
Critical Strike (is not ability you will see) done by myself
Damage Show System done by myself because it can work with tutorial triggers in my case!
Jump done by Paladon!
Fear (Human can sense power of Darkness) done by myself
Item System done by myself

Pictures of map terrain!
185870-albums2961-picture25314.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25315.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25317.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25316.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25320.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25318.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26313.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26312.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26311.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26310.jpg

Early Beta Version 1.0 -> 2.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Altar upgrades (2nd and 3th) have same pathing map as altar (1st)
2. Vampire can't now burn after revival
3. Hunters don't chase Vampires (not to base)
4. Dead Vampire corpse will not burn if he is on Safe Ground
5. After revival Vampire gains full hp and mana
6. All descriptions that used 'Steel' was written 'Stell'

Added Stuff

1. New text message when Vampire dies
2. Multiboard

Changed Stuff

1. In Single player mode map now remains hidden
2. Icon of Dark Hunter
3. Gangrel Clan Champion Champion Aura Ability to Beast Aura Ability
4. Elite units movement speed from 400 to 300
5. Increases cost of blood potions by 250%
6. Removed Evasion from Dark Minions
7. Deleted message when Vampire lose all his blood and die
8. Special Effects with burning
9. Vampire will now lost 1 point of blood every 1 second (1.5 before)
10. Base attack cooldown of Hell Beast was increased from 2 to 2.5
Early Beta Version 2.0 -> 3.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Improved Lumber Harvesting
3. Vampire Revival
4. Some bugs with Vampire Abilities
5. Fear

Added Stuff

1. Normal Items
->Weapons
->Armors
->Shields
->Jewelry
->Misc

Changed Stuff

1. Vampires starts with level 1
3. Collision size
4. Veteran Ability max level from 10 to 25
5. Vampire death time is now 30 seconds
Early Beta Version 3.0 -> 4.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Item System (Even more)
2. Some triggers
3. DISBTN Icon
4. Text message that show primary attribute

Added Stuff

1. New Unit: Dark Fiend
2. Vampire can carry 2 Misic items
3. Military Quests:
[1] Kill Legendary Wolf
[2] Kill Crab Behemoth
[3] Kill 25 Farmers
[4] Kill 10 Guards
[5] Kill 100 Animals
[6] Kill 75 Villagers
[7] Kill 15 Enemy Vampires
[8] Kill Elite Guard
[9] Kill Ancient Hydra
[10] Kill Vampire Hunter
4. Military Main Quest: Slay Enemy Clan Vampire Father
5. Economy Quests:
[1] Gather 5000 Dark Mineral
[2] Buy 10 Blood Potions
[3] Train 15 Slaves
[4] Train 5 Elite Warriors
[5] Capture 1 of 3 Resource Points
[6] Train Merchant
[7] Research Level 2 Merchant Skill
[8] Research Level 5 Father Skill
[9] Bribe 50 enemies
[10] Gain 6 Merchant Scrolls
6. Economy Main Quest: Bribe Enemy Clan Vampire Father
7. some JASS scripts for some spells
8. Item: Blood Orb
9. Item: Guardian Orb
10. Item: Ancient Rune
11. Item: Burning Spear
12. Ability: Dark Attack (Dark Fiend)
13. Ability: Frost Nova (Lich)

Changed Stuff

1. Item System description
2. Skeleton movement speed from 270 to 300
3. Ultimate units hotkeys and build place
4. Spy unit description
5. Necromancer unit to Lich
Beta 1

Fixed Stuff

1. Loading Screen
2. Game Goal
3. Bounty Text Display
4. Some Abilities like: Sell and Buy Lumber

Added Stuff

1. New Game Goal
4. Fountain of Blood

Changed Stuff

1. Merchant skill upgrade from base 500 to 1000
2. Better Quest Finished message
3. Dark Fiend can be trained after first upgrade
4. Father upgrade increase life 25% instead of 20% but don't increase armor
Version 1.1

Fixed Stuff

1. Memory leaks
2. New User Interface
3. Ability locations
4. Feast spell is now MUI/MPI

Removed Stuff

1. Father Strenght

Changed Stuff

1. Large number of Triggers
2. Some less important things
Version 1.1b

Fixed Stuff

1. Father Strength
2. Bribe
3. Convert
4. Water (Pathing Ground)
5. Game Interface messages

Added Stuff

1. Extra Fog (Swamp area)

Some crazy things about map:

Map has over 24.000 doodads
Map average loading time on internet is 30 seconds (Average PC configuration)
Total hours spent on map: over 36 hours...
For Now:
Map has over 120 custom abilities
Map has over 100 custom items
Map has over 400 custom objects
Map has over 150 triggers
Map has over 250 placed units
Map has over 200 regions
Keywords:
Vampire, Vampires, War, Wars, Clan, Clans, Undead, Death -Kobas-
Contents

Vampire Clan Wars 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
17:42, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
I like the map so far, here are some bugs/things you should fix:
1. After I upgraded the altar, the workers got jumped from the trees north of the altar, and the trees were no longer accessible.
2. I died, during the day, while I was in my base, due to low amount of blood, and when I revived, I started to get burned and had to leave and re-enter the safe ground for the burning to stop.
3. On the first night, someone got defeated by a hunter, who chased them to their base, and destroyed it.
4. I attacked someone and everytime he died, his corpse was burning, even though we were on safe ground.
Nothing else, for now.

Level 7
looks neat hope you also add werewolves,1 vamphunters in it so vampires have their ultimate enemy and also with also with boss dracula...

Too many fatal errors,i played 2 times for 40 min and both times i got 2 fatal errors

I don't know what to say :con: I tested map with players on bnet and all seams to work fine, also I tried many times solo and all was again fine :cute:

But again I must say that you are right once or 2 times I got fatal error! But after I fixed some triggers all was again fine! Maybe if you can tell me when exactly fatal error crush game, or maybe after witch action? So I can check it!

Btw, thanks for comment :thumbs_up:

Level 7
when errors showed up i just was in the base ( day time ) and killing creeps with skeletons (both times) idk what other players are doing i will try to play again now, and btw do u have garena ?Also i want say map is very good

lol it seems ive attachment the wrong replay.. ok tommorow i will play again and will send you the fatal error

Lulz

Btw you told me to check that train 15 slaves quest!
It works fine, it will count only trained slaves, if you start with 2 or 3, or gain 2 for quest that isn't mater! You must train 15 not have 15!

Level 2
Nice map, man ;)
It looks like a lot of work was put into making this, although I do have some feedback from about 4 players and myself.
Well, maybe some of this is because we've only played this once- but here it goes:
1-The beginning was rather confusing, nobody really knew what to do. I believe there was an introductory message that shows up, but it disappeared before anything could be read.
2-The highly-customized interface's confusing, the regular patrol, move, attack icons are not easily recognized and I'm instantly bashed with 9 weird icons at game start (some are abilities, auras and other stuff I was never told about).
3-You'll probably want to address this later, but there should be more than one hero per clan, no?
4-Mob scaling, the neutral and human mobs rapidly go from being 2 hitted to 2 hitting you (ie wolves).
5-Blood system. I honestly couldn't keep my blood up through feasting, I did raise the stat that affects it and it still drained rapidly and feasting only gave me about 9~10 per hit. Feeding during the night at that rate seems rather wasteful too- instead of hunting with my units I always ended up having to use feast as soon as the skill delay ended if I didn't want to die.
6-The day/night cycle seems a little too fast for a game based on it.
7-There is an error on the attribute tooltip- And i never really discovered which one raised my attack.

Nice map, man ;)
It looks like a lot of work was put into making this, although I do have some feedback from about 4 players and myself.
Well, maybe some of this is because we've only played this once- but here it goes:
1-The beginning was rather confusing, nobody really knew what to do. I believe there was an introductory message that shows up, but it disappeared before anything could be read.
2-The highly-customized interface's confusing, the regular patrol, move, attack icons are not easily recognized and I'm instantly bashed with 9 weird icons at game start (some are abilities, auras and other stuff I was never told about).
3-You'll probably want to address this later, but there should be more than one hero per clan, no?
4-Mob scaling, the neutral and human mobs rapidly go from being 2 hitted to 2 hitting you (ie wolves).
5-Blood system. I honestly couldn't keep my blood up through feasting, I did raise the stat that affects it and it still drained rapidly and feasting only gave me about 9~10 per hit. Feeding during the night at that rate seems rather wasteful too- instead of hunting with my units I always ended up having to use feast as soon as the skill delay ended if I didn't want to die.
6-The day/night cycle seems a little too fast for a game based on it.
7-There is an error on the attribute tooltip- And i never really discovered which one raised my attack.

1Ok dude I will change trigger so message last not 10 but 30 seconds!
2I know that it is little confusing, but I tested map so many times that it is nothing special to me, also some people love that like my friends they even told me to change that! I don't know if more people find this confusing I will put back normal icons!
3When I was thinking about this map, and every time when I was creating it I wanted to whole game be that your Vampire! In other words, You are Vampire Champion feed fast, become strong and destroy whole army with your Vampire! Other units are here only for one reason, to help Vampire defend, spy, and maybe attack others!
4Yes you are right but best way for me to explain this is:
1 level wolf: Can be killed with any unit
2 level wolf: Can be killed with elite unit only, and Vampire that is maybe level 15 or above (or converted by Dark merchant)
3 level wolf can be killed only with small army or only with Vampire that is above level 40 maybe

That goes for wolf! Crabs are more powerful, guards also!
I don't even want to speak about Hydra or Vampire Hunters
5You can buy potions to quickly replenish your blood, also I made blood fountains in coming version so it will be more easy to keep blood pool high!
Also I want to see that feast depend on blood quality
Animals are poor (Stamina/2), then goes Humans and potions (Stamina) and at the end Vampires (stamina*2)
But Nosferatu feed on animals just like on humans (stamina)
6I make it go fast, because day time can become bored, because all you do is stay in base and feeding on slaves (Army can go attack)
7Dexterity increase your attack! I think that I fixed that in coming version but I will check it again!

Btw Thanks for comment friend :thumbs_up:

Level 7
Well that is good idea I can make mode where players works together against humans and Warewolf :D

nice to here..but i like to see a map like vampire vs. werewolves that map title is intense that :grin: were werewolves are stronger when there is moon and vampires weak at day..could be aos or arena map..hehe but you can add this as a mode anyway..

Level 2
Alright then- In response to your response I'd like to address some things once again:
1Ok dude I will change trigger so message last not 10 but 30 seconds!
4Yes you are right but best way for me to explain this is:
1 level wolf: Can be killed with any unit
2 level wolf: Can be killed with elite unit only, and Vampire that is maybe level 15 or above (or converted by Dark merchant)
3 level wolf can be killed only with small army or only with Vampire that is above level 40 maybe

That goes for wolf! Crabs are more powerful, guards also!
I don't even want to speak about Hydra or Vampire Hunters
5You can buy potions to quickly replenish your blood, also I made blood fountains in coming version so it will be more easy to keep blood pool high!
Also I want to see that feast depend on blood quality
Animals are poor (Stamina/2), then goes Humans and potions (Stamina) and at the end Vampires (stamina*2)
But Nosferatu feed on animals just like on humans (stamina)
6I make it go fast, because day time can become bored, because all you do is stay in base and feeding on slaves (Army can go attack)
7Dexterity increase your attack! I think that I fixed that in coming version but I will check it again!
1-I guess then that I probably don't see it because of my terrible load times xP
4-Still, it feels sort of weird at the start when you don't know it yet. Maybe spawn lvl 2 and 3 monsters after second and third night respectively? Or level 2 on first night and level 3 on second (in case people level fast).
5-The 50% stamina recovery (minions and animasl, I believe) feels too slow- You usually end up losing faster if not at the same speed that you recover.
Also, when feeding on humans or vampires you're usually battling, so feeding isn't even worth it for the amount of blood it gives. Honestly, how many times have you seen people start feeding on you during a vampire battle? : \
I'd say minion feeding needs a 50% boost (gives you more time to control minions during day-which's quite boring right now) or blood loss a small decrease. A small raise on human feeding could be good too.
6-I guess the problem is not that it is too fast- it's just that 50/50 day/night in a game where you mostly play during night makes it sort of bothersome. Raising the night/day ratio would be nice if possible; otherwise reducing blood loss during day might be a good move.
7-Yeah I discovered that when I played again xP I was mostly confused because Attack Rate = Attack Speed in regular games- While Attack RatING in your game = damage. Still I haven't found much use for STR or STM, you need max 5 points in STR for some extra HP and then you're better off with DEX because of the damage+crit chance+spd bonus. STM barely makes a difference : \

Also:
Heroes need some balancing as I've previously said- Animal form is currently way overpowered at the start while other skills like the one that has a 1:1 damage ratio with your stamina are terribly underpowered.
And I don't get why the game ends after killing one father-The other players must go "wtf, is that it?" when the game ends- Mostly because somebody left and his base+hero wasn't removed. Then someone went there and killed it, ending the game. And here are some ideas for this- modes:
-dm (deathmatch) Focused on vampire hunting and battling
-ffa (free for all) Everyone against everyone, you must destroy all to win
-hvh (hunter vs hunted) You win for killing vampire hunters
-con (conquer) For every enemy father you destroy a clan becomes your servant (this would force making alliances outside of this servitude).

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you didn't want to add modes, at least right now. I mostly wanted to address the "game ends after 1 father dies" issue.

Well, cya ;)

Level 3
hi kobas after our lagged encounter i tested ur map here is my balance report(and prob some bugs too!)
Report:
first of all i found an imbalance leak when u get the soul merchant u max him u use convert on almost unkillable units(like vamp hunters-elite guards,etc) there is where the fun dies u just convert a lot asssault ur enemy base whit that and its gg idk if that convert can be used on any creature its an bug if it isnt fix it oh and one more thing PLEASE change models!!! they dont have to be exactly like an vamp but dont use WC3 normal models =/ i kinda hate those models and most of WC3 veterans get bored of playing whit those models again....and again....and again....ok tahts my report il cya later =P

Level 2
R.e.A.p.E.r seems to be correct- For some reason the convert and bribe abilities work on lvl 15 mobs (aka everything). Also, me and one of my friends got an WC3 error (might be due to map optimization errors or just my warcraft tho). Also, 50 points for the vampire hunter seems just too much : P You can probably take him down with a small army (merchant converts/bribes priests) and 50 points- damn, that's like doubling what I usually get in a game. Oh and not only that- you also get an awesome item(+200 damage+immolation)? Damn, you could end the game right there.

Also, it might be good to change the map version naming from letters to the regular numbers+letters. That way you can make hotfixes without having to change the main number.

EDIT: I've changed my rating to 3/5 until those really big issues are fixed (converting legendary units+game ending after one single father is dead without giving anybody any warning+leavers are not removed)

Last edited:
Level 6
I just saw your name and I was like "hmmmm -Kobas-....wonder what this will be like"
Of course the terrain is sexy.
Of course the gameplay is sexy.
Of course your triggering still makes me laugh :3
Of course approved.
3/5 :p

Level 2
thanks

thanks is all i have to say i see so many maps now that are just AoS and every one calls them dota clones wich isent even right dota wasent the first real aos warcraft reign of chaos made the first and it wasent no dota any ways i miss the days of "yore" were every map was its own new concepts new games new every thing it was bad ass and now its all the same game new crap so dude you rule total props and dont ditch the map even if only afew people play it atleast your making wc3 alittle better:thumbs_up:

Level 4
I am so excited to play this! I love White Wolf's World of Darkness, and I've always wanted to make a vampire map based on it. I've worked a bit on it on paper, but I've pushed it back to the 3rd thing I might try working on. I love the whole "vampires at war" theme. 11th Vampire is one of my favorite maps. Games like Vampire Hunters have always left me wanting vamp on vamp action, and the Vampirism maps give me no satisfaction at all. It's funny that I only found out about this map because I was following a link to you for some map development template (forgotten in my excitement over this map). You can bet I'll be hosting this one a lot. In fact I have to go play it right now! Thanks!

Level 4
I really enjoy the map! I've hosted several games so far, and they've filled up fairly quickly compared to other maps I've hosted. So, there seems to be a lot of interest in trying this map. People just need to see it in the custom game's list.

I do have some constructive feedback. I hope it won't offend you, because I think you've done a great job on this map. I'm working on a map too, and it's very time-consuming (at least for me).

I think my first two suggestions are the most important:

1) If you destroy one person's father, the game ends and everyone except for that person wins. It's possible for you to destroy a leaver's father. I think it would be more fun if you had to destroy everyone else's father to win. Then it wouldn't matter if there was a leaver, but it would be a good idea to remove a leaver's units from the game.

2) Merchants are imbalanced. If I started with a merchant and no vampire unit at all, I would have a huge advantage over my enemies. I think that goes against the theme of your game which I understand to be a war between vampires not a war between merchants. I do understand that the merchants are merely agents of the vampire and a means to spread the vampire's influence during the day. I think that's a great idea.

Possible suggestions to balance this: A) Conversion is the most powerful of the merchant's abilities. It would help to make it cost gold to convert units (perhaps based on the power of the unit). B) Bribe is an easy way to get gold, but that is actually the opposite of bribing, which costs gold. It would make more sense and still be a very useful ability if it costs gold to bribe units (but it still makes them disappear).

The following suggestion is not critical, but I think it would improve gameplay:

3) I would recommend having the vampires be more powerful than most units (at least once the vampire has gained some levels). The vampires should at least be more powerful than the mortals. So, I would recommend scaling down the power of the units a little bit (even simple guards have 800 health, 50 armor, and 75-125 dmg and are so much more powerful than the vampires who have about 400 health, 4 armor, and 50 dmg that it makes the guard seem like the supernatural creature. Elite guards have something like 4k health, 250 armor, and 250-300 dmg. Doing this would make playing a vampire feel more heroic and make the game progress a little more gradually.

The following are just minor ideas for your map:

4) Right now vampires have no advantage in their havens. It would be nice if vampires received some advantages while fighting in their own haven, or you could give the father some kind of attack so he can defend himself. Or maybe there could be some defensive units there. It's fine to make the players defend their havens, but some advantage would be nice.

5) It would be cool if you could make some weaker vampires to fight for you. Not full blown heroes, but something that could pick up and use all of those extra pieces of equipment you find.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun, and I'm going to go host some more games now! :grin: Thank you for making Vampire Clan Wars Kobas! :thumbs_up:

Thanks a lot buddy!
I already started fixing map, but after all that time I was able to find some different version -.-, triggers are fail, bad jass scripts, memory leaks, grrrr still this was my first great project so I will need time to fix everything!

User interface will be edited from start!
I will try to fix hero descriptions and add more!
Feast spell isn't MUI lol, and so far it use around 100 trigger actions :D

All that should be fixed!

Give me 1 week and for start new optimized with less lag map will be out!

Level 4
Merchants can transmute or convert guards, elite guards, and vampire hunters. I'm not sure if you intended that or not because those units are so powerful, and the rewards for the quests to kill an elite guard or vampire hunter are really high.