• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Clan Wars

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Clan Wars

This is altered melee map where you can play with your favourite Horde races.
Chose between Orcs, Taurens andTrolls.
You can chose to be Undead too.
Because of the AI to chose Taurens pick Humans and for Trolls pick Night Elves.
Models and icons credits can be seen in map and can be downloaded on Hive.

This map will be updated so feel free to give any critic or advice.
Contents

The Clan Wars (Map)

Reviews
19:11, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Description.

M

19:11, 11th Jun 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Description.

Level 18
downloading... rewieving later.

Tested with the taurens for now:

What I like:
-----------
Nice models, nice ideas, fun to play.
What I don't like:
Too much similar abilities to other races.
If you want this to be played online you must decrease the filesize, it is simply to big.

For the Taurens I can give a solid 3.5/5 for now ( I voted a 3, as it is more a 3 then a 4 for now. ). Improve it a bit with more custom abilites, upgrades. But still nice and good, escpecialy fun to play.

Last edited:
Level 3
I Think my Tauren race is better.The undead don't have much changes.The heroes Haven't much changes too.You have just take some models and then take it on units and that's bad you must use the model editor more and if you think its becoming unbalanced then test it one hundred time or more take your time before uploading crap like this. Overall The Models Dosen't Do The Game

Last edited:
Level 21
I said in the forum I can't do anything with Heroes.
I didn't change undead because new races are Troll and Tauren.
It looks like you don't understand that I have change units because of computer player(AI)
and they are different in abilities and attack,hit points...
And were is your Tauren race I can't find it.
In next upload all units will have custom abilities if I have mist some.

Level 21
Wait the next version.
Why did I give units new abilities if nobody notices them.
What you want to tell me siege engine has War drums....
I will get rid of of any loose ends.
Check this thread to see changes to come.
And can you be more specific.

Level 5
Well, for the most part, it IS the same game. The core of each of the races is still there. The only changes were the models and such. Take the priest for example, it's the same deal as it was before, still heals still has the same requirements, and I think it has the same stats and price, but different abilities. But they're not really different, they're the same abilities we've seen before, you changed dispel magic with entangling roots (if I'm not mistaken), so it's just another blizzard-made ability put onto a "new" unit.

And I know you said you can't change the heroes because of AI, but you should think about player-versus-player, because the heroes really need to change, it drags this map down a lot seeing the same heroes with different models put in there.

And the building are almost all the same, or are just a random mix of buildings from different races. Like the tauren being able to build scout towers... that just doesn't fit.
And I especially disliked the tauren building "Vault of the Earth Mother". I mean c'mon, vault of the earth mother? What does that even mean? Tauren don't have arcane magics like that.

I also feel that the changes you made to the other races were un-needed. It actually made them look worse, changing the models of the heroes around (like the lich changed to the nerubian hero) just made it confusing.

Level 21
Well thank you.I am fixing thoes problems.But wouldn't be kind a stupid for computer not to use heroes.
But I didn't change Lich.That is some kind of mistake.In next version he is Kil'Jaden...
I will change prises, but what do you want me to do for buildings...Vault will have new items, and word vault doesn't have to do with arcane magic
And I am fixing Abilities and upgrades.

EDIT: Why don't you give some ideas how to fix this map.You can put all your opinions in The Clan Wars tread.Funny you didn't say anything about size.

Level 7
Haha I love it a internal war within the horde an innovative idea. I can see how this is your better map I love all the imported models in action. One thing you might check up on is go to Game Interface then Text General change the names of night elves and human to the correct races. I know you referenced it on your description but guessing is not my style when i have short term memory. I was thinking of importing that troll hall but now that I see it i don't like how it has a modern crane assisting in construction.

Level 21
Yea I tried to change names but names of races are changed after the game and not just in that map.
It was funny, every where was High Elves, Fel Orcs...(didn't do for this map)
I will change in game text however.
And Troll building is to much with crane but it will have to work.And it is the biges model in size I have ever seen.
Here is an idea.Should I change undeads to be like in my Warcraft 4 map?

Last edited:
Level 15
Ok here's a few tips how to decrease the file size without losing new models.
1. Tauren Axeman, Tauren Berserker and the Priest look pretty much alike.
So You'll remove the axeman and the berserker models and set priest model for both units.
Next you download these files:
MasterAxe - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
there is a smaller one but this should work GoldenClaw - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
When you have imported the files above, make 2 abilities, passive ones.
Make them useless and hide the icons, make these models attachments for right or left hand.
Than add those abilities to the berserker and the axeman.
The weapons should show up properly if the attachment points are properly placed.

Level 21
Here is better idea.I got MDX Squisher for models and Otimazer.
With this tools I will make this map smaller without getting rid off models.
Thanks to Kam and New user.

EDIT:
I just need life regeneration aura for your idea.Works fine for importing Hero Glow to normal units.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yea I tried to change names but names of races are changed after the game and not just in that map.
It was funny, every where was High Elves, Fel Orcs...(didn't do for this map)
I will change in game text however.
And Troll building is to much with crane but it will have to work.And it is the biges model in size I have ever seen.
Here is an idea.Should I change undeads to be like in my Warcraft 4 map?

Do you know what I'm talking about? Example when you start a single player game you have the choices of human,orc,undead, night elf or random. When you make adjustments to the game interface it will show the names of the corresponding races.

lol no offense you should just trash that warcraft 4 I played thoroughly each race in that one and I hated even more. I know all your doing is model and name swapping for warcraft 4 and war of the clan the only reason I like this one is because the map terrain is playable, a theme of a internal conflict of the horde and the newly imported models makes it feels like a fresh map. My suggestion for the undead is to turn them into a orge or goblin race the old allies of the orcs u can take that into account or say f it I don't really care I'm just tossing in my two cents.

Level 21
Do you know what I'm talking about? Example when you start a single player game you have the choices of human,orc,undead, night elf or random. When you make adjustments to the game interface it will show the names of the corresponding races.
When I did that it was showing for every map.And only after the game.
Original idea for the undeads was ogres but because of the size I decided to make them in some kind of undead orcs.
You are right for model swapping but I try to change everything on units:armor, hp. abilities, upgrades...I still think there is hope for warcraft 4 map.I will probably have to start all over again.

Level 3
In next update plz try to make it more custom its just models and new spells to the heroes its boring with no new spell. Whats more important balance or fun?

Level 21
I am making it more custom but give some ideas.
Here are expected new features for now:
-Scout Tower is now Boulder Tower.No upgrade Towers like before.
-Spirit Wyvern instead of cloud now has spirit touch(like shadow strike buy only for air).
-T.Paladins Devotion Aura changed to Fear Aura.Now it decreases armor to enemy.
-New items for Taurens like endurance totem
-Change hit points, armor... for every units so they wouldn't look too much like old units.
-Tauren fort. instead of "call to arms" now has "Mother Earths wraith".
Summons 5 treants for 45 seconds.
-Lich undead Hero changed to Warlock (Erader model),his new spells are:
Chaos Nova, Chaos Armor.
-Fairy Dragon changed to Green Dragon Fhelp.Abilities for now are slow poison.
-there are some attachments on some units.

This already done.
As you see mostly Taurens are changed and I still need to change some of the upgrades for them.
Orc,Troll and Undead still need more work.
If you want to test this new changes just PM.

Level 8
I took just a few looks of it and found a stylistic mistake:
- The undead race has a ghoul unit with a skeleton model wielding an axe and a helmet. In the mythology a ghoul is a ghost that digs graves and eats dead bodies. So you have a little mismatch, I suggest you to rename it or something.

Anyways, the map looks awesome to me. Pretty good ideas are combined inside. I believe a lot of people will enjoy playing it on the bnet as a normal melee map, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't add some cool triggers. He-he!

Level 8
I don't know really. Maybe make the units shout randomly when they are fighting/attacking. Crying for heal when their health is low. Simple things ^^ Towers might give signals when they spot an enemy.

Level 3
Are you going to do a campaign when you now just the basic of triggering? It will be a bad campaign learn from me:Before uploading a campaign you must make it good new fresh learn master triggering and make people wanna play youre campaign and don't do this a sad failure.

Level 8
No you don't gave to be a master to make a good campaign. I am not a master now, I was even worse before a year and I still made some campaigns. It just requires to have a lot of patience. That's why I never finished the campaigns... :con: But ofcourse you can always hire people to do your triggering. :cute: C'moooon I wanna help XD

Level 8
Ok. Time for a comment:
Pretty nice map I love the idea and it's perfectly playable. Nice balanced so it's fun to play.

Now time for few things u could in my oppinion change.

ORC RACE:
- change orc champion icon to onother one because this one is the same as wolf rider what makes the game worse. in fact u could change the whole cause this one doesn't seem o be the best one ;)
-u could change icon of dargon breathe to any passive - that would be better

UNDEAD RACE:
- perfectly fine, there are only some things u can't fix like in other races (lack of birth animation for buildings and similar ;) ) u could only change the name of ghoul - in fact it isn't ghoul ;)

TAUREN RACE:
- kodo has no portrait. if it is fault of bad importing fix that
- !?TAUREN PALADIN?! change that name please ;)
- u could change some human buildings like lumber mill and towers to more tauren-like
- again there are some units having same icons (worker-pulverir-berserker; archdruid-spirit walker; priest-paladin)

TROLL RACE:
- u could change the mine cause it looks funny when troll changes into wisp in the mine ;)
- could find any other model for a main building? it's modern animation doesn't fit to the race ;)
- in descrpition of troll ravager when u want to train him it's named ,,Mountain Giant"
- again icons worker have same as headhunter

These are only some little mistakes ahich doesn't ruin the map at all. So as for now I'll give u 4.8/5

Level 21
You are generous.
-The problem with icons is that I there aren't any good and the lack of them.
I really hate that I have used same icons.
-Kodo doesn't have icon.That's modelers fault not mine.
-In next version I have changed in my version tauren tower to be boulder tower
-I will asap change troll mine
but there isn't any more troll buildings on this site.And that building is 1.5 mb so if you know something to replace it I would be more than glad to use it.

Level 8
-The problem with icons is that I there aren't any good and the lack of them.
I really hate that I have used same icons.
About the icons. I found some:
fitting Pulverizer:
BTNTaurenMarine - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
fitting tauren paladin:
BTNMinotaur - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Other tauren icons:
Warcraft III Icons

Well for troll worker u can use dark troll warlord icon, it fits quite nice ;)

And for this elite orc this one seems to be fitting:
BTNOrcChiefGuard - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

But it's true that there aren't enough icons on hive's. I think i can create some simple icons if u want for any of the units :)

-In next version I have changed in my version tauren tower to be boulder tower .
I was just about to suggest u that :)
but there isn't any more troll buildings on this site.And that building is 1.5 mb so if you know something to replace it I would be more than glad to use it.
TownCenter - Page 2 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

maybe this might be useful

Level 21
Thank you.
But i have seen some of them already.
Tauren marine has cigar so that's why I didn't use it.
Minotaur icon didn't work so I removed it.

But I have noticed some new ones that I will use.
Orc one is just what I need.
And that building doesn't look much like troll building but it is lower file size and no cranes.

Level 16
Interesing but i would change some things and eliminate some bugs...
At first the orcs:
They're made wery well but on your place i would change the champion to model in this packClick
More in the lore style is Elder shaman than high shaman, oh and i would change the necrolyte to drak'thul model(the red one looks just better)
The Tauren:
In my opinion you should change the axe man to this one http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...526/?prev=search=tauren%20warrior&d=list&r=20
To the heroes you can use some of this http://xgm.ru/files.php?do=search&t...&sortfield=dateline&sortorder=desc&perpage=50
To the troll
For me it's the worst made race it should be almost completly remaked.Why I'd prefer to use 1 nation of troll's coz the lore says that they don't live peacefull with each other and you should use more troll models (and change some of the existing) for example for heroes http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105240
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=106932&highlight=troll
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=101377&highlight=troll
If u want i can give you the newst wersion of my predator and remake some of those in blue http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=86071&highlight=troll http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=84834

Last edited:
Level 21
I kinda think to go more. First to return both human and night elf and for then Tauren and Troll give new AI which will allow me to erase any trace of races they were based of. Then change custom heroes completely with real spells and not just copy.

For trolls well I kinda don't know how to change skins and when I made this map I didn't know about rest of sites.