• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vampire Clan Wars 1.1

Vampire Clan Wars

-Vampire Clan Wars-

Welcome to the world of Vampire. You are now one of the eternally damned. Make allies and enemies, fight creatures both living and undead and feed on the mortals of this world. It will be up to you to make sure you see another night.

Author: -Kobas-
Players: FFA
Size: 160x160 (Playable 149x148)
Map size: 2.01 MB (2,113,536 bytes)
Map is protected!
Current Progress -> Version 1.1c

There are 6 Vampire clans, each one has different champion (Hero). Also each clan has 1 unique unit! Each Vampire will burn if he leaves Safe Ground, but if he can't leave Safe Ground how will he feed and survive! Vampire can feed on Slaves or any other Dark Minion!

Day:
Humans are going to work, farmers are working on farm, more guards on duty... Animals are awake...

Night:
Whole new game, because now Vampires are here to attack, destroy and crush their enemies!

Vampire need to feed constantly, if his mana (Blood) reaches 0 he will die!

Ventrue can't feast on animals!

Within the World, there are clans: groups of vampires related to each other through the Embrace with unique Disciplines and Attributes.

The Brujah are passionate idealists. At times, this passion can lead them to trouble since they tend to make their arguments with their fists and not words.

If any clan were close to the Beast, it would be the wildly nomadic Gangrel. Usually preferring to be loners, the Gangrel clan has recently severed its ties with the World. With their feral nature, the Gangrel are much more attuned to animals and have the ability to take on animal forms.

Hideous and disgusting, the Nosferatu are cursed with a grotesque form. Forced into the shadows of the night, the Nosferatu have learned to adapt and hide from society.

The least trusted of the Vampire clans, the Tremere are blood sorcerers. Using blood magic, or Thaumaturgy, the Tremere guard their secrets quite religiously and do not take outsiders into their confidence.

The Vampire leaders of the World, the Ventrue. With their large bank accounts, the Ventrue have acquired quite expensive tastes. This allows them to gain easier acceptance into the World; however, they cannot lower themselves to ever feed on rats.

Insane by nature, the Malkavians see the world in a different light than anyone else. This "insight" allows Malkavians to see the true intentions of others.

Icons, Loading Screen and import stuff ->
All Attack and Armor types done by myself!
Trees, grass and rock models imported from Ultimate Terraning Map 3.0
Also All Icons for Abilities and Disciplines are work of CRAZYRUSSIAN!
Blood Potions are work of GooS!
Loading Screen and minimap done by myself!
The Ventrue Skin is work of Kazzo!
The Malcavians Skin is work of Final Tyrant!
The Malcavians and the Ventrue Vampire Icon is work of Egg!
Item Claymore Icon is work of f SkriK!
Ring Icons are work of kola!

Systems->
Critical Strike (is not ability you will see) done by myself
Damage Show System done by myself because it can work with tutorial triggers in my case!
Jump done by Paladon!
Fear (Human can sense power of Darkness) done by myself
Item System done by myself

Pictures of map terrain!
185870-albums2961-picture25314.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25315.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25317.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25316.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25320.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25318.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26313.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26312.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26311.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26310.jpg

Early Beta Version 1.0 -> 2.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Altar upgrades (2nd and 3th) have same pathing map as altar (1st)
2. Vampire can't now burn after revival
3. Hunters don't chase Vampires (not to base)
4. Dead Vampire corpse will not burn if he is on Safe Ground
5. After revival Vampire gains full hp and mana
6. All descriptions that used 'Steel' was written 'Stell'

Added Stuff

1. New text message when Vampire dies
2. Multiboard

Changed Stuff

1. In Single player mode map now remains hidden
2. Icon of Dark Hunter
3. Gangrel Clan Champion Champion Aura Ability to Beast Aura Ability
4. Elite units movement speed from 400 to 300
5. Increases cost of blood potions by 250%
6. Removed Evasion from Dark Minions
7. Deleted message when Vampire lose all his blood and die
8. Special Effects with burning
9. Vampire will now lost 1 point of blood every 1 second (1.5 before)
10. Base attack cooldown of Hell Beast was increased from 2 to 2.5
Early Beta Version 2.0 -> 3.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Improved Lumber Harvesting
3. Vampire Revival
4. Some bugs with Vampire Abilities
5. Fear

Added Stuff

1. Normal Items
->Weapons
->Armors
->Shields
->Jewelry
->Misc

Changed Stuff

1. Vampires starts with level 1
3. Collision size
4. Veteran Ability max level from 10 to 25
5. Vampire death time is now 30 seconds
Early Beta Version 3.0 -> 4.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Item System (Even more)
2. Some triggers
3. DISBTN Icon
4. Text message that show primary attribute

Added Stuff

1. New Unit: Dark Fiend
2. Vampire can carry 2 Misic items
3. Military Quests:
[1] Kill Legendary Wolf
[2] Kill Crab Behemoth
[3] Kill 25 Farmers
[4] Kill 10 Guards
[5] Kill 100 Animals
[6] Kill 75 Villagers
[7] Kill 15 Enemy Vampires
[8] Kill Elite Guard
[9] Kill Ancient Hydra
[10] Kill Vampire Hunter
4. Military Main Quest: Slay Enemy Clan Vampire Father
5. Economy Quests:
[1] Gather 5000 Dark Mineral
[2] Buy 10 Blood Potions
[3] Train 15 Slaves
[4] Train 5 Elite Warriors
[5] Capture 1 of 3 Resource Points
[6] Train Merchant
[7] Research Level 2 Merchant Skill
[8] Research Level 5 Father Skill
[9] Bribe 50 enemies
[10] Gain 6 Merchant Scrolls
6. Economy Main Quest: Bribe Enemy Clan Vampire Father
7. some JASS scripts for some spells
8. Item: Blood Orb
9. Item: Guardian Orb
10. Item: Ancient Rune
11. Item: Burning Spear
12. Ability: Dark Attack (Dark Fiend)
13. Ability: Frost Nova (Lich)

Changed Stuff

1. Item System description
2. Skeleton movement speed from 270 to 300
3. Ultimate units hotkeys and build place
4. Spy unit description
5. Necromancer unit to Lich
Beta 1

Fixed Stuff

1. Loading Screen
2. Game Goal
3. Bounty Text Display
4. Some Abilities like: Sell and Buy Lumber

Added Stuff

1. New Game Goal
4. Fountain of Blood

Changed Stuff

1. Merchant skill upgrade from base 500 to 1000
2. Better Quest Finished message
3. Dark Fiend can be trained after first upgrade
4. Father upgrade increase life 25% instead of 20% but don't increase armor
Version 1.1

Fixed Stuff

1. Memory leaks
2. New User Interface
3. Ability locations
4. Feast spell is now MUI/MPI

Removed Stuff

1. Father Strenght

Changed Stuff

1. Large number of Triggers
2. Some less important things
Version 1.1b

Fixed Stuff

1. Father Strength
2. Bribe
3. Convert
4. Water (Pathing Ground)
5. Game Interface messages

Added Stuff

1. Extra Fog (Swamp area)

Some crazy things about map:

Map has over 24.000 doodads
Map average loading time on internet is 30 seconds (Average PC configuration)
Total hours spent on map: over 36 hours...
For Now:
Map has over 120 custom abilities
Map has over 100 custom items
Map has over 400 custom objects
Map has over 150 triggers
Map has over 250 placed units
Map has over 200 regions
Keywords:
Vampire, Vampires, War, Wars, Clan, Clans, Undead, Death -Kobas-
Contents

Vampire Clan Wars 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
17:42, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
I fixed many things, but a lot of triggers needed to be recreated from start, I cleaned all memory leaks and fixed some doodads that should reduce game lag a lot! Defeat conditions are changed as well, you need to stay alive until end now! But still there are fee bugs and things that look bad, I have time now so I am working on it and 1 new project, maybe will be uploaded today, will see!

EDIT:

Here, I updated map!
You must know that map wasn't tested after optimization so please report any string errors (textual messages and shitz)
Also I was to lazy to fix creep respawn system, there is around 100 trigger actions in form of if then else so I was like wtf now with this!
Still it will be, must be fixed to reduce epic lag created with it in time!

Also another sad thing is user interface, because it was in form of txt file imported inside map it was deleted (dunno how >.>) so I created that part from start -.-

Spells are fixed and optimized, feast should work epic now...

Well just report errors and they will be fixed for sure!

Thanks for playing my map once again! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 4
First Impressions

Wow! For you to have created this map in 35 hours is amazing. I wish I could work that quickly. I have put way more time into my map and haven't completed very much at all. I'm very impressed with your skills.

I played solo right away so I could see what the new map was like. Here are my initial impressions:

There is still a major problem with the map right now (which should be very easy to fix) : you can use a merchant to bribe or convert elite warriors and vampire hunters. I'm sure it's fine to let them bribe or convert lesser units, but these 2 units are extremely powerful.

Vampire Hunter:
health 7500
attack rating 750-751
defense 250

Elite Warrior:
health 4000
attack rating 250-300
defense 250

If you allow the player to bribe these units he can complete these quests very easily: "Kill Vampire Hunter" (reward: 50 skill points (that's huge!) and burning spear (+200 dmg, +10 all stats, 25 immolation)) and "Kill Elite Guard" (reward: 30 skill points (still huge!) and guardian orb (not very powerful)).

If you allow the player to covert those units, he can easily destroy the other players. That is "breaking" your game. Keep in mind it is very easy to get the merchant unit and research the skill levels necessary to do these things. Also, he could then easily do the quest "Kill Ancient Hydra" (reward: 40 skill points and ancient rune (10% chance per attack to gain 50% attack speed and 20% move speed for 3 seconds). For now, this makes it a race to get a merchant and acquire those units. Most players won't even know those units exist, where to find them, or even how critical they are. This will discourage new players who are beaten very easily.

Broken Economy Quests:
#2 "Buy 10 Blood Potions": I bought 10 blood potions and didn't get the reward. Just to make sure it's broken, I bought a couple more, and I bought 11 of the other 2 types of potions. (This didn't work before.)
#5 "Research Level 5 Father Skill": It's not possible to research father skill now. The button is missing. (This used to work.)
#10 "Gain 10 Merchant Scrolls": It's not possible to gain more than 1. After you get the first one, it won't let you get more. (This didn't work before.)

Regarding the "Train 5 Elite Warriors" quest, you may wish to make it clearer which unit is the elite warrior. (As Ventrue I completed the quest by training 5 of my most expensive unit: Possessed Guard.) Also, I think you have to actually HAVE 5 of them. I was low on food, trained 3, killed 2, and trained 2 more. I didn't get credit for that. I only got credit when I had 5.

You burn now even if you're on blighted ground (owned by other people) unless you're at your own base.

I like the map very much, and just making it so vampire hunters and elite guards can't be bribed or converted will make it way more fun and challenging. Thank you very much for creating this map and all the work you have put into it. I look forward to playing it more.

Level 4
Oh yeah and feast works really well now. With increased stamina you can start fighting the guards pretty early. It makes you feel more powerful to be able to fight these early threats.

Well 35 hours will be more like 1 month each day 1 hour or so :D

Ok then, I will fix those leaks right away!

EDIT:

Ok dude I fixed few things for you, now should work fine!
Still that potion problems looks so funny because triggers are same as in first version and there it worked, I never changed that part actually, so dunno what is wrong about it.
I have idea how to fix it ofc but I will need more time and free time, so far main problems are done!

Fixed Stuff

1. Father Strength
2. Bribe
3. Convert
4. Water (Pathing Ground)
5. Game Interface messages

Added Stuff

1. Extra Fog (Swamp area)

Last edited:
Level 4
I was still able to use merchants to bribe vampire killers and elite guards (to get quest credit) and I was able to convert them as well. The other players didn't have a chance. I know it will probably be awhile before you get more time to work on the map.

Level 4
Really? Cool. That means I can try a new version. That's awesome. No need to apologize. Thanks for being polite, but anything you create is a gift to the community. You don't owe us anything. I'm thrilled that you're making stuff for us! Thanks for being so nice to your fans.

The map was pretty fun to play though waiting for the sun to set can be a bit frustrating. Terrains is good! However there are lots of bugs and some minor tinkering to be done. Frenzy sometimes doesn't stop when "blood" levels are restored. You can also chance the icon for the tool tip of "wood" as it is shown in the lumber counter bar (upper right screen). And you can add some more trees for harvesting. Overall 4/5 cause it needs bugs to be fixed. Will replay it soon.

Level 2
I test your map twice. One solo and one bn.

1. No reward after buying 10 Blood Potions.
2. No father Skill...
3. After killing the vampire hunter, I can't pick the spear up! I can't select it whit a single click. (I killed him in front of the castle)
4. Who are "Elite Warriors"? (Maybe the most expensive one?)
5. Experienced error when I was playing on bn.
6. Sunlight is too weak when I got some levels and good items like Enchanted Mask, Enchanted Magic book etc.

Because I lost map long time ago I can't make any further progress on this.
SotP will soon become stable and I will have some time.
I will deprotect this map, rewrite whole script, fix all bugs related to gameplay and dramatically improve terrain :)

Dunno when will I start working on this but, expect some news in next few weeks when exams finish and when I see how much free PC time I have.