• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vampire Clan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vampire Clan Wars

-Vampire Clan Wars-

Welcome to the world of Vampire. You are now one of the eternally damned. Make allies and enemies, fight creatures both living and undead and feed on the mortals of this world. It will be up to you to make sure you see another night.

Author: -Kobas-
Game type: something like arena, rpg, and loap!
Players: FFA
Size: 160x160 (Playable 149x148)
Map size: 2.05 MB (2,150,400 bytes)
Current Progress -> Beta Version 1

There are 6 Vampire clans, each one has different champion (Hero). Also each clan has 1 unique unit! Each Vampire will burn if he leaves Safe Ground, but if he can't leave Safe Ground how will he feed and survive! Vampire can feed on Slaves or any other Dark Minion!

Day:
Humans are going to work, farmers are working on farm, more guards on duty... Animals are awake...

Night:
Whole new game, because now Vampires are here to attack, destroy and crush their enemies!

Vampire need to feed constantly, if his mana (Blood) reaches 0 he will die! Vampire can feast on any living being but he can't feast on Hunters or Guard while they have full hit points, they must be damaged (50% or 25%).

Ventrue can't feast on animals!

Within the World, there are clans: groups of vampires related to each other through the Embrace with unique Disciplines and Attributes.

The Brujah are passionate idealists. At times, this passion can lead them to trouble since they tend to make their arguments with their fists and not words.

If any clan were close to the Beast, it would be the wildly nomadic Gangrel. Usually preferring to be loners, the Gangrel clan has recently severed its ties with the World. With their feral nature, the Gangrel are much more attuned to animals and have the ability to take on animal forms.

Hideous and disgusting, the Nosferatu are cursed with a grotesque form. Forced into the shadows of the night, the Nosferatu have learned to adapt and hide from society.

The least trusted of the Vampire clans, the Tremere are blood sorcerers. Using blood magic, or Thaumaturgy, the Tremere guard their secrets quite religiously and do not take outsiders into their confidence.

The Vampire leaders of the World, the Ventrue. With their large bank accounts, the Ventrue have acquired quite expensive tastes. This allows them to gain easier acceptance into the World; however, they cannot lower themselves to ever feed on rats.

Insane by nature, the Malkavians see the world in a different light than anyone else. This "insight" allows Malkavians to see the true intentions of others.

Icons, Loading Screen and import stuff ->
All Attack and Armor types done by myself!
Trees, grass and rock models imported from Ultimate Terraning Map 3.0
Also All Icons for Abilities and Disciplines are work of CRAZYRUSSIAN!
Blood Potions are work of GooS!
Loading Screen and minimap done by myself!
The Ventrue Skin is work of Kazzo!
The Malcavians Skin is work of Final Tyrant!
The Malcavians and the Ventrue Vampire Icon is work of Egg!
Item Claymore Icon is work of f SkriK!
Ring Icons are work of kola!

Systems->
Critical Strike (is not ability you will see) done by myself
Damage Show System done by myself because it can work with tutorial triggers in my case!
Jump done by Paladon!
Fear (Human can sense power of Darkness) done by myself
Item System done by myself

185870-albums2961-picture26462.jpg

Attack Type
Fist: Deals 90% to Animal Skin Armor; 80% to Mail Armor; 80% to Arcane Armor; 70% to Hunter Armor; 70% to Vampire Armor
Animal: Deals 90% to Mail Armor; 90% to Arcane Armor; 80% to Hunter Armor; 80% to Vampire Armor
Steel: Deals 110% to Cloth Armor; 110% to Animal Skin Armor; 90% to Arcane Armor; 80% to Hunter Armor; 80% to Vampire Armor
Arcane: Deals 120% to Cloth Armor; 120% to Animal Skin Armor; 110% to Mail Armor; 90% to Hunter Armor; 90% to Vampire Armor
Hunter: Deals 130% to Cloth Armor; 130% to Animal Skin Armor; 120% to Mail Armor; 110% to Arcane Armor
Vampire: Deals 130% to Cloth Armor; 130% to Animal Skin Armor; 120% to Mail Armor; 110% to Arcane Armor
Armor Type
Cloth: Reduce damage by 110% from Steel Attack; 120% from Arcane Attack; 130% from Hunter Attack; 130% from Vampire Attack
Animal Skin: Reduce damage by 90% from Fist Attack; 110% from Steel Attack; 120% from Arcane Attack; 130% from Hunter Attack; 130% from Vampire Attack
Mail: Reduce damage by 80% from Fist Attack; 90% from Animal Attack; 110% from Arcane Attack; 120% from Hunter Attack; 120% from Vampire Attack
Arcane: Reduce damage by 80% from Fist Attack; 90% from Animal Attack; 90% from Steel Attack; 110% from Hunter Attack; 110% from Vampire Attack
Hunter: Reduce damage by 70% from Fist Attack; 80% from Animal Attack; 80% from Steel Attack; 90% from Arcane Attack
Vampire: Reduce damage by 70% from Fist Attack; 80% from Animal Attack; 80% from Steel Attack; 90% from Arcane Attack
Fortified: Reduce damage from all attacks to 25%.

Pictures of map terrain!
185870-albums2961-picture25314.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25315.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25317.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25316.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25320.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture25318.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26313.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26312.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26311.jpg

185870-albums2961-picture26310.jpg

Early Beta Version 1.0 -> 2.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Altar upgrades (2nd and 3th) have same pathing map as altar (1st)
2. Vampire can't now burn after revival
3. Hunters don't chase Vampires (not to base)
4. Dead Vampire corpse will not burn if he is on Safe Ground
5. After revival Vampire gains full hp and mana
6. All descriptions that used 'Steel' was written 'Stell'

Added Stuff

1. New text message when Vampire dies
2. Multiboard

Changed Stuff

1. In Single player mode map now remains hidden
2. Icon of Dark Hunter
3. Gangrel Clan Champion Champion Aura Ability to Beast Aura Ability
4. Elite units movement speed from 400 to 300
5. Increases cost of blood potions by 250%
6. Removed Evasion from Dark Minions
7. Deleted message when Vampire lose all his blood and die
8. Special Effects with burning
9. Vampire will now lost 1 point of blood every 1 second (1.5 before)
10. Base attack cooldown of Hell Beast was increased from 2 to 2.5

Early Beta Version 2.0 -> 3.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Improved Lumber Harvesting
3. Vampire Revival
4. Some bugs with Vampire Abilities
5. Fear

Added Stuff

1. Normal Items
->Weapons
->Armors
->Shields
->Jewelry
->Misc

Changed Stuff

1. Vampires starts with level 1
3. Collision size
4. Veteran Ability max level from 10 to 25
5. Vampire death time is now 30 seconds
Early Beta Version 3.0 -> 4.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Item System (Even more)
2. Some triggers
3. DISBTN Icon
4. Text message that show primary attribute

Added Stuff

1. New Unit: Dark Fiend
2. Vampire can carry 2 Misic items
3. Military Quests:
[1] Kill Legendary Wolf
[2] Kill Crab Behemoth
[3] Kill 25 Farmers
[4] Kill 10 Guards
[5] Kill 100 Animals
[6] Kill 75 Villagers
[7] Kill 15 Enemy Vampires
[8] Kill Elite Guard
[9] Kill Ancient Hydra
[10] Kill Vampire Hunter
4. Military Main Quest: Slay Enemy Clan Vampire Father
5. Economy Quests:
[1] Gather 5000 Dark Mineral
[2] Buy 10 Blood Potions
[3] Train 15 Slaves
[4] Train 5 Elite Warriors
[5] Capture 1 of 3 Resource Points
[6] Train Merchant
[7] Research Level 2 Merchant Skill
[8] Research Level 5 Father Skill
[9] Bribe 50 enemies
[10] Gain 6 Merchant Scrolls
6. Economy Main Quest: Bribe Enemy Clan Vampire Father
7. some JASS scripts for some spells
8. Item: Blood Orb
9. Item: Guardian Orb
10. Item: Ancient Rune
11. Item: Burning Spear
12. Ability: Dark Attack (Dark Fiend)
13. Ability: Frost Nova (Lich)

Changed Stuff

1. Item System description
2. Skeleton movement speed from 270 to 300
3. Ultimate units hotkeys and build place
4. Spy unit description
5. Necromancer unit to Lich
Early Beta Version 4.0 -> B 1.0

Fixed Stuff

1. Loading Screen
2. Game Goal
3. Bounty Text Display
4. Some Abilities like: Sell and Buy Lumber

Added Stuff

1. New Game Goal
4. Fountain of Blood

Changed Stuff

1. Merchant skill upgrade from base 500 to 1000
2. Better Quest Finished message
3. Dark Fiend can be trained after first upgrade
4. Father upgrade increase life 25% instead of 20% but don't increase armor

Map has over 21.000 doodads
Map average loading time on internet is 55 seconds (Average PC configuration)
Total hours spent on map: over 30 hours for now
For Now:
Map has over 120 custom abilities
Map has over 100 custom items
Map has over 400 custom objects
Map has over 150 triggers
Map has over 250 placed units
Map has over 200 regions

Please if you have any idea or want to help send me a message or leave comment! :cool:

P.S. I will edit post after each larger progress!

Attachments

• Vampire Clan Wars EB1.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 167
  • Vampire Clan Wars EB2.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • Vampire Clan Wars EB3.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • Vampire Clan Wars EB4.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 332
  • Vampire Clan Wars B.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Thanks for support, i finished with map look, and Gameplay, u will see damage system, critical strike system, many more cool stuff, i also added even more doodads!
When these screenshots was made, map has max allowed doodads, now there is over 19000 :razz:
Don't worry it need only 50 sec to load on my wooden pc!
Also I am now working on Ai for hunters, after finish i will upload early beta version!
Pls give comments about game goal, it look funny but i can't decide what it will be!

Level 5
You might want to examine the map 11th vampire.

Also, if there is any teamwork elements, you might want to consider making vampires that reach 0 go "dormant" instead, and can be revived with blood infusions. They'd still die if they went dormant outside a save zone, but, well, there really is no reason except that I'd like to see it in a vampire game ;)

Looks really awesome as far as i can see :cool:
Though why you set that...Stamina increases blood regeneration,since vampires should acquire blood by feeding,right?

Vampire constantly lose mana
Blood regeneration reduce blood loss

Example: With 10 Stamina Vampire lost 1 mana/blood each second but with 20 Stamina he lost 0.95 per second. I think that you know what I want to tell :grin:

Level 12
Looks nice so far.

Current hive rating:

Main rating:
Description (top part): 4/5. Name, creator, game type, map size and file size shown.
Idea: 4/5. Used but still good.
Description (middle part: Map info, Vampires & Feast): 4/5. Map info is shown, story about the vampires (a bit) and the 'defeat condition' aswell.
Progress (does not count): 1/1. Finished? :D
The rest: 5+/5. Credits is shown, Map progress is shown, armor types and alot of not-so useful, but can-be interesting info is shown. A little + for the great screenshot page.
Overall: 4+4+4+5 / 4 = 4.5/5 ~ 5/5

Positive :)
+ You got a 'small story' for each vampire. +0.25p
+ The screen shots are very nicely done. +0.5p
+ Hero Attributes, Attack and Armor Types. +0.5p (you could put the attack & armor descriptions too)
+ Credits (even tho it isnt named as credits). +0.5p
+ Gameplay is told (even tho its pretty short). +0.25p

All in all: 5/5 + 2 points. Now waiting to get computer back to test the real game.

Last edited:
Thanks for support guys! I uploaded early beta version 1.0 for you so you can check map! O jea, you can dl map from here!
I am now working on early beta version 2.0 where is my main goal to add multiboard!
Btw, all reported bugs will be fixed with same upgrade!

P.S. from now on I will upload map after each large progress!

Last edited:
Level 12
I dont believe ALL bugs will be fixed with upgrade.
Depends on both your mapping knowledge and the bug itself

Level 12
Like i said in chat (didnt i?), ill test it whenever I have the possibility, right now i cant (comp = dead at the moment)

Level 5
First of all, wait until you are finished before releasing it to "finished maps". Doing otherwise brings a host of bad problems (like me being a jerk, or people thinking your map is crap because it's unfinished and never trying it again)

That stated, let's go on to my "first impressions", since they are important

My very first time was as "Single Player" mode, which for some reason gave me vision of the map and announced other strange effects. I didn't like that, so I quickly stopped and hosted it on battlenet. I started a game alone, with 1 CPU. It didn't single player mode me again, so it was good.

In both forms, the first thing that I noticed, and that had me scratching my head, was the fact the vampires start at level 10. It had me wondering if it was just because it was single player mode at first, and was the #1 reason I rehosted to make a non-single player version (the #2 reason being all map vision). The first time I played default red, which I think was the Brujah. The 2nd time I played Malkavian.

So, that resolved, I started my 2nd game. I got burned a little by the sun. I ran back in pretty quickly, being somewhat pro with vampire games like this in general. I continued to play it. The tooltips annoyed me. Is there some better way to give an understanding of what they will be doing without stating what abilities they are based off of?

Also, I am not sure if the damage popups really provide anything positive to the map.
Another thing, why can zombies be used for feeding? It seems like they wouldn't have much blood at all, if any.
Improved lumber harvesting didn't appear to have any effect.
I had 4 trapped units in the Malkavian camp. 2 ended up not being able to return resources. I had no way to kill them.
Also, with no buildable structures, the map feels small and unbalanced. Some people spawn closer to easier leveling and gold than others. There is little reason to leave your area except to raid the others. There isn't any quests describing your goals.
I quickly figured out level 10 is the max veteran status, so made an army of 5 Veteran Slayers. I then unleashed them against the town, not knowing what else to do.
I found Immortal buildings and nightmarish pathing problems. The guards also wouldn't respond to my attacks very well due to the units on the map. There were too many wandering movers for them to do anything except slow walk. This wasn't too bad though, since when the vampire hunter found my "Army", it slaughtered it.

I had lots of gold at this point, and noticed I was low on blood, so I bought the best blood potion and drank it. I then took my 5 slayers and my vampire into the village, and got pwned by the vampire hunter as a collective in the night.

I lost interest in continuing at that point. And those are my "first impressions"

First of all, ...........
..... I lost interest in continuing at that point. And those are my "first impressions"

Thanks for comment, I noticed some of that bugs even before and fixed it, uploaded map, you can check EB2 version, all else that you have noticed I fixed in coming EB3 version!

Also I will now dl and import icons from hive, and start making items and item recipes!

There will be also some kind of item System where Vampire can carry only 1 weapon, armor.....

P.S. I you have any idea what to add to map to make it better just say, I have for now these ideas:
EB1 - You just test it
EB2 - Multiboard - Done and uploaded
EB3 - items - Making
EB4 - Quests - need ideas (I have only for 5,6 for now)
EB5 - Buildings that slaves can summon, more dark minions and abilities! Total balance and modes system: Something like Be first to destroy humans, slay all other vampires or maybe be first to summon blood lord (who knows :grin:)

Finaly first beta version!

P.S.S. Once again: Thanks a lot dude!

A possible mode (EB5): Be the best servant to Lord Dracula :D

Can be done but please, make whole text about it!

I mean:

Players: Allied or Enemies
Win/Lose condition: Kill something/destroy someone/do that ....
It's your idea, pls go on, if u make all what I need for mode and I use it in game I will put your name in Credits! :thumbs_up:

Level 12
something like this:
Mode: Count Dracula's Servants.
Players: Neutral (allied with no vision), can be changed in game.
To win: Please Dracula until he agrees to take you as his royal servant, score limit.
Lose: Die for some reason, Make Dracula angreh (e.g kill too many of his servants, attack him, etc), score limit.
How to play: Try to please Dracula by killing humans, doing what he wants, etc. Otherwice pretty much normal gameplay.

something like this:
Mode: Count Dracula's Servants.
Players: Neutral (allied with no vision), can be changed in game.
To win: Please Dracula until he agrees to take you as his royal servant, score limit.
Lose: Die for some reason, Make Dracula angreh (e.g kill too many of his servants, attack him, etc), score limit.
How to play: Try to please Dracula by killing humans, doing what he wants, etc. Otherwice pretty much normal gameplay.

Thanks for idea, after i finish EB3 and EB4, I will make something like that!

P.S. Item System will be something like in RPG, items will gain from dead units and some rare shops!
There is 24 Normal Weapons and 24 Armors for now!
On first beta version I will have 10 magic and 2 unique Weapons/Armors and more than 20 misc items!

Last edited:
Level 12
hmm, a new idea:

Mode: Sudden Death (sub-mode)
Description: After <selectedtime>, all animals & humans starts to flee from the area, making it near impossible to find any blood at all. When all has fled, you just have to defeat each other or stack on blood potions to survive (even shops will disappear).
Defeat Condition: Same as selected main game mode.
Win Condition: Same as selected main game mode.

Mode: Harden Mode (sub-mode/secret)
Description: All hostile-to-all-vamps units will begin to get harder over time, making it harder when it should get easier.
Defeat & Win are same as main selected game mode.

A few Sub-Modes, able to be selected along with any other modes (or via a secret).

hmm, a new idea:

Mode: Sudden Death (sub-mode)
Description: After <selectedtime>, all animals & humans starts to flee from the area, making it near impossible to find any blood at all. When all has fled, you just have to defeat each other or stack on blood potions to survive (even shops will disappear).
Defeat Condition: Same as selected main game mode.
Win Condition: Same as selected main game mode.

Mode: Harden Mode (sub-mode/secret)
Description: All hostile-to-all-vamps units will begin to get harder over time, making it harder when it should get easier.
Defeat & Win are same as main selected game mode.

A few Sub-Modes, able to be selected along with any other modes (or via a secret).

Lol perfect man, I myself wanted to make that with animals and units to become harder over time :thumbs_up: I will for sure make something like that... :razz:

Btw, can you give me ideas for quest, because i finished all normal weapons (I will soon upload post) and now started with magic and unique!
EB3 will soon be uploaded, and I still have only few quests on my mind :hohum:

Thanks once again! I will make one or two items (unique) with your name :razz: Also if you make good quests, your name will end in Credits :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Here are some negative points/bugs i found while testing the beta(+suggestions):
-the vampire(brujah) respawns with very small blood count so i died in 2-3 seconds (in my opinion all vampires should respawn with 40% of blood count).
- MAJOR BUG:after i died of sunlight,my vampire respawned normally,but he was still burning....
-the creeps are a bit unbalanced,there should be some kind of slow progression between low level creeps and high level creeps.take the brujah starting area per example:my vampire was hunting easy wolves(4 shots maximum) then i suddenly arrived on a purple wolf who pawned my 2-3 skeletons and killed my hero easily. try to make packs of small wolves before adding another stronger variety of wolf.
-there are not so many units and the upgrade for the next townhall is too cheap:makes upgrading too fast,anw you should add more upgrades
-add some kind of light gray fog to make it look more dark
-make abilities upgradable
- make some buyable items
-the vampire is a bit weak compared to his units
-some typos:the attack type name is stell instead of steel-in the feast ability description its said "against enemy units" however you can use it against allied units.
-give some hints to the player so its easier to get on with the game

Gameplay suggestion:
-Dark material is too easy to get,here is what i propose:
Don't make it infinite so players will actually make extensions(you can make a building named outpost similar to a lumber mill which can make slaves.Also if you can make it be safe ground near outposts it'll be great! (but that's an optional)) so vampires will fight for resources to train more units
-feast is a bit hard to use against low hp creatures, it'll be nice if the hero could regenerate 1 blood each time he strikes.

Last edited:
Here are some negative points/bugs i found while testing the beta(+suggestions):
-the vampire(brujah) respawns with very small blood count so i died in 2-3 seconds (in my opinion all vampires should respawn with 40% of blood count).
- MAJOR BUG:after i died of sunlight,my vampire respawned normally,but he was still burning....
-the creeps are a bit unbalanced,there should be some kind of slow progression between low level creeps and high level creeps.take the brujah starting area per example:my vampire was hunting easy wolves(4 shots maximum) then i suddenly arrived on a purple wolf who pawned my 2-3 skeletons and killed my hero easily. try to make packs of small wolves before adding another stronger variety of wolf.
-there are not so many units and the upgrade for the next townhall is too cheap:makes upgrading too fast,anw you should add more upgrades
-add some kind of light gray fog to make it look more dark
-make abilities upgradable
- make some buyable items
-the vampire is a bit weak compared to his units
-some typos:the attack type name is stell instead of steel-in the feast ability description its said "against enemy units" however you can use it against allied units.
-give some hints to the player so its easier to get on with the game

Gameplay suggestion:
-Dark material is too easy to get,here is what i propose:
Don't make it infinite so players will actually make extensions(you can make a building named outpost similar to a lumber mill which can make slaves.Also if you can make it be safe ground near outposts it'll be great! (but that's an optional)) so vampires will fight for resources to train more units
-feast is a bit hard to use against low hp creatures, it'll be nice if the hero could regenerate 1 blood each time he strikes.

Thanks for comment dude! :thumbs_up:

But half of that above was already told by others and I fixed all that in coming EB3 version!

Also lumber is maybe gained fast (same for gold) but that is because of early version, I now make weapons, next come more units and stuff, you will see that all that will be fine in the end!

Vampire isn't weak you must try him in EB3 version, with items he will be unstopable!

Btw Thanks again for comment!
I forget to say that I love that idea about resources it will be done :razz:

Level 16
I have seen the Screenshots. Looking good, but Mountain is a little too cluttered with doodads and the Swamp don't really look like a "Swamp". If the Map's base water level is Shallow Water, you can use the "Oh-So-Trashy" Noise Tool to make a nice Swamp (Just a Little, Capiche?).

Level 16
Yay. Testing.

EDIT: Yay. Burn Bug Fixed. Oh no. Item System gets an annoying Bug. Every time I picked up an Item (No matter what is the Type), there will be a Floating Text that tells me that I cannot bring more than one item of a type, but I have none of them. This also makes Blood Potions drop at the Beginning of the Game.

Oh. And have I say that the Veteran Icon do not have a DISBTN?

Last edited:
Yay. Testing.

EDIT: Yay. Burn Bug Fixed. Oh no. Item System gets an annoying Bug. Every time I picked up an Item (No matter what is the Type), there will be a Floating Text that tells me that I cannot bring more than one item of a type, but I have none of them. This also makes Blood Potions drop at the Beginning of the Game.

Oh. And have I say that the Veteran Icon do not have a DISBTN?

I check and see that bug myself, dl and test map now it should work!
Sry for that.

About Veteran icon, I don't know, must check it!

Thanks for comment!

Level 2
Hello. folks.
I have downloaded this map, but for some reason it wouldn't start. It does appear in the list of maps in the game, but the player, race and color options do not appear. Unfortunately there are two or three other maps which cannot be played for the same reason.
Any ideas?

Level 2
Sorry for the trouble, but apparently there is a different cause for all this. Maybe my WC3 version. Dunno.

Pitty, of course, cause I totally love World of Darkness)

Level 20
Hello. folks.
I have downloaded this map, but for some reason it wouldn't start. It does appear in the list of maps in the game, but the player, race and color options do not appear. Unfortunately there are two or three other maps which cannot be played for the same reason.
Any ideas?

Actually...that problem is about patches. For example,same things happens when you try to play some old maps done in older patches,if you have newest patch,try downloading map again and it should work. :wink:

My first double post :xxd:

Btw, I just wanted to tell you that EB4 will soon be finished! All quest will be done and EB4 can be uploaded this weekend.

But I have one small problem, I can't test map alone, I mean I play and find bug (Then I fix it), But maybe there is 10 more bugs that I can't find so please if you find anything post comment so I can fix it!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.