- May 1, 2018
- Within this tutorial, you'll find out how to use Reforged' HD Icons in your map without the need to export and re-import them through CascView.
- This is useful for maps that want to retain a bit of similarity between supported modes for it, or have a Reforged icon in use that won't display in Classic.
- You don't need to own Reforged to do this.
- It's super simple, but can be tedious.
- For the first step, you'll want to open the Object Editor and choose your desired Item/Ability/Unit icon field.
- Below is an attached example of the field for an item, Boots of Speed, which will be use for the demonstration of this tutorial.
- The red selection indicates the field required to change.
- The blue selection indicates the Classic mode properties of the icon.
- The green selection indicates what you will prefix the Icon path with, for it to use the HD version.
- Now, if you test the map, you will see that in Classic mode, the Reforged icon will be used.
- Likewise, if you are in Reforged mode and want to display a Classic icon, you may use the path prefixed with "war3.w3mod:"
- That concludes this tutorial, however there is one known bug by using this method. If you are to pause the game, it will show a default disabled button of the original Classic icon.