• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using Classic Icons/Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm revisiting a fairly large project I was working on before Reforged came out and realizing that some of the new Reforged icons/models don't look right for the purposes I was using the Classic versions for.

For example, the archway doodad used to just look like an brick arch, but now it looks like a fortified gateway with two towers complete with arrowslit windows. That's completely wrong for what I was doing with it in my map.

Some of the icons have changed in unhelpful ways too. For example, devotion aura's icon used to be a hand, but now it's a shield, which makes it completely inappropriate as an icon for an ability with a name mentioning hands!

This is not to mention that the Reforged style models are generally more cartoonish, which is bad for the atmosphere and design of some of the zones in my map.

I am wondering if there is a way to force Classic graphics as a map setting or something, or whether at least I can still use the classic versions of various icons, doodad models, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.