• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upadoro TD v0.985

Upadoro TD

This TD map offers survivor or team mode with up to 8 players having their own creeps, 11 races with totally 265 structures, bonus tower, 50 waves of creatures and 5 difficulties from easy to nightmare.

Important: Please delete all older versions of 0.97 than .97f because of the critical bugs!!!
Patch 1.24 Problem: Older versions than 0.97e won't work under patch 1.24!!!

Gameplay

Gameplay

General

-You receive gold from kills and at the end of a round.
-Every normal wave consists of 25 enemies per player.
-Every fifth wave is a boss level and consists of 15 enemies and 1 hero.
-There are 3 special waves for money. Leaks take no lives.
-There are a few waves with invisible units. You can see them with the paladin special tower and each race has one tower to see them.
-Special Item-Towers will be dropped by the bosses.
-The map has a own armor/damage type setting.

Solo Mode
Rules:
-Every player plays his own difficult and creep waves
[box="Team" Mode]Rules:
-Same difficult for every player and all players have to finish the current wave
-It's not a real team mode but maybe a better choice if you are playing with friends
->no real team mode because every one still has his own way but you can help each other and send gold
Difficulties
Rules:
-Easy: 85%hp, 35 lives, 90% sell
-Normal: 90%hp, 25 lives, 75% sell
-Hard: 95%hp, 10 lives (+5 in team mode), 50% sell
-Very Hard: 100%hp, 5 lives (+5 in team mode), 25% sell
-Nightmare: 100%hp, 10 lives(+5 in team mode), 25% sell. Enables the Soultemplar and Keepers but you must also fight stronger creeps! (Hint: See the Patchlog for a "How to".)
[/box]

The Races

Races
A small list of pros and contras for each race can by seen ingame.
WoW
The World of Warcraft race was my first race for this TD and somehow just for testing. Now it's more a fun race and contains towers from MC,BWL and AQ.
Outland Alliance
The Outland Alliance contains the bloodelf forces of Prince Kael'thas and the Nagas controlled by Lady Vashj. Their leader is Illidan under the cotroll of Kil'jaeden.
Scourge
The scourge race contains some of the mightiest ingame towers. The scourge is commanded by Arthas and his minions.
Hint: Some of the Scourge towers need 4x4 squares.
Nature
Under the command of the druids and keepers the nature sends gnolls, trolls and spiders into battle.
Hint: The towers are not directly builded - build a dwelling and upgrade it
Demons
The demons are a part of the burning legion. They send phaseshifters which can create rifts and portals to summon more and stronger demons to unknown territory.
Hint: The towers are not directly builded - build a portal/rift and upgrade it
Creeps
The creeps are tamed by mighty Tamers. They select the strongest creeps and lead them to battle.
Hint: The tamer requires upgrades from his tamer camp to build improved towers.
Goblins
The goblins are very well known in all explosive things. They use rockets, mines and bombs to stop their enemies. Their leader is Armageddox who gives everything for a good war.
Hint: The goblins require upgrades from their HQ to build improved towers.
Underworld
The underworld forces are commanded by Vor'tax the Shadowking. He leads his minions from the shadows to the mortal world. The underworld race has many powerful spells.
Nightelfs
The nightelfs send their ambassadors to dangerous regions and they will decide which troops are needed for the battle. The nightelfs have powerful spells and strong creatures.
Mercenaries
Daelin Proudmoore survived the battle with Rexxar and is now collecting new forces to lead his forces into battle for the one who pays the most money. They are also able to forge mighty weapons.
Soultemplar and Keeper
The Soultemplars were a secret order of the Silverhand. They devoted their lifes to the Soulpower, a power that inhabits every being, and they found a way to controll it. The Leaders of the Silverhand banished the Templars from the ranks of the Silverhand after their greed for the power has become to big and they started killing people and other beings to drain their power and convert it for their purposes. During and after the third war of Azeroth the public knowing about the Templars faded because they somehow disappeared and were rarely seen. There were only rumors about them left and the most common rumor was that they returned to their roots as paladins and use the Soulpower in addition to the power of the light. But they also had to survive and so they started to teach everyone who paid for it the use of Soulpower but never how to create it. These people and beings from every race and/or dimension became the Soulkeepers a mercanery like army that is lead by the Soultemplars. They fight to protect their knowledge, increase their might and prevent other forces from using the Soulpower. Now they return from their secret monastary because one who once belonged to them is unleashed and wants revenge for his banishment. The other races of Azeroth accepted their help for this fight even if no one knows their real plans..

Story

Prelude
A little prelude for the map.

What happend so far:
1 year ago: An unknown army lead by the Corrupted Council started an invasion in Azeroth. - They didn't conquer land but took thousands of prisoners.

10 months ago: Kil'jaeden discovered the real purpose behind the kidnapping of so many people and creatures. The Lichs of the Corrupted Council found the Prison of Upadoro, an ancient Demon Lord, in the Forgotten Plain of the four Edges. The Forgotten Plain is a small realm between Azeroth and the chaotic world of Upadoro. The goal of the Council is clear: They want to sacrifice all the prisoners and feed their souls to Upadoro so he can reopen the gate between the Forgotten Plain and his world.

6 months ago: The leaders of Azeroth met in a congress and decided that the most important issue of Azeroth will be the prevention of the ritual.

4 months ago: The Lichking found a clue of an Ancient Gate that leads from Azeroth to the Forgotten Plains in a book he had stolen from Dalaran.

3 months ago: The United Forces of Azeroth and even other races like the Demons agreed to plan and then start the offensive against the Corrupted Council.

2 weeks ago: The Council Forces at the Ancient Gate were slain. The Gate was still active but the connection between Azeroth and the Forgotten Plain was nearly gone.

Today: Azerothian reinforcments arrive at the Gate. Mages of every kind were able to empower the gate but it is still very weak and only allows a few troops to enter it one-by-one.

Patches

History
This list contains changes from the latest patches.
---0.985---

#Balance#
-Abilities based on bash had their stun duration reduced.
-Increased HP for waves in nightmare mode after round 20.
-Reduced the gold gain from creep kills in nightmare mode a little bit.
-Most keeper abilities in nightmare mode had their damage reduced.

#Bug Fixes#
-Fixed all known bugs related to new spell triggers.
-Changed the looking for Kazzak'doom when itemified to solve a problem that the item wasn't pickable.
---0.98a---

#Bug Fixes#
-Fixed the phoenix wave and Demonic Illidan can't send eggs back anymore.
-Fixed the non ending spawn of the bonus waves final boss.
-Added a mana requirement to Mugg's "Eat" ability. So you can't itemify him and instantly reuse this ability.
---0.98---

#Extreme Mode#
-The extreme mode has been totally reworked.
-New name: Nightmare difficulty
-No autocast restrictions
-Features: Enables the Soultemplar (acutally just 1) and the 11 Soulkeepers. It also brings a full new set of stronger creeps with new abilities.
It also grants you access to the Soulpower resource which is gained via the Templar's aura.

How to play?
The nightmare difficulty is a little bit different to the other modes.
1. After picking your normal builder you will get a 2nd builder called Soultemplar Ambassador.
2. Use his item to place the Soultemplar Shrine and recrute your Templar. Place the Shrine/Templar at a good spot in your defense his aura gives you the needed Soulpower.
3. Build Soulkeeper and improve their abilities with your gained Soulpower to support your defense.
4. After every round your Templar gains 1 level and 1 skill point. Use the skill points.

#General#
-Added a chat command to toggle all autocasts on/off. Use -AC
-Totally reworked the autocast system (just the script, no change ingame) because some autocasts could fail due to the former too long trigger
-Removed the Mercenary save code system. They can now be directly picked
-Actually all terrain ripple or deformations are disabled. They can cause disconnects in rare cases
-I optimized the map for faster loading time but acutally it can't be opened in the editor
-And again many small changes and minor balancing

#Demons#
-Added a new summoning spell for the Demon God
-Reworked the spell of the Soulcollector/Harvester

#Goblins#
-Added a start tower as item which offers upgrades to higher tiers to gain new towers

#Bugs#
-Fixed some autocast issues (see general)
---0.97f---

#General#
-The camera is now locked to the "game setter" until you pick a difficulty

#Bugs#
-Fixed the chance that level 47 could stuck
---0.97e---

-Works with 1.24
#General#
-Changed the mode and difficulty selection (spells in buildings, no dialog buttons)
-More spells and spells of summoned units are autocasted now
-Normal attacks now deal a little bit less damage against air units
-Added new abilities for some prisoner waves
-If you finished extreme mode and missed the bonus code it can now be reshown (type "-merccode")
-Many smaller changes

#Outland Alliance#
-New Tower: Bloodelf Sorcerress (upgrades from Bloodelf Archer)
-New Tower: Naga Bloodminion (upgrades from Naga Slave)
#Goblins#
-Reduced the aoe range of every tower a little bit
-Automatic Recharger splitted in 2 upgrad level
-UT&Quake don't have the shock totem anymore. But they can be upgraded to learn it
#Special Towers#
-Hydralisk level 3 has a new spell (it disappears while on cooldown. so don't wonder)

#Bug Fixes#
-The first autocast of a tower is now delayed to prevent some towers getting stuck in order conflicts
---0.97d---

-All bugs related to mobs getting stuck or running back should be fixed
-Some code improvements and a few little memory leaks removed

#WoW Race#
-The gamemaster can build a blizzard hq now. It offers upgrades
#Nature#
-Added a new tower to the troll hut to compensate a disadvantage against armored units
-Added a new spell to temple guard and holy guardian
---0.97c---

-Lots of memory leaks fixed
-A last minute trigger change screwed up waves with casted abilities and made the whole game stop -> should be fixed now
-fixed the single player bug when not playing as red
---0.97---

---General Changes---
-nichts reworked all gamemode and gamehandler triggers to Jass and combined them in a few triggers
-Made the maze a bit shorter and little terrain changes
-Added a new game difficulty: Extreme (see the difficulties for info)
-Addes a 'range check' to every worker. It does now show the real range of tower but shows some circles with default ranges
-Creeps that cast something don't do it by them self now so that they need to stop. It's now dummy casted
-Reworked the bonus waves. You will maybe get fewer gold. But it's more balanced now.
-Added some in-game hints for 'secret' stuff
-Added a few possibilities to achieve bonus stuff:
->Winning very hard or extreme will give you a textcode to unlock 5 bonus waves
->Winning the extreme mode will give you a savecode for a new race
->Winning very hard or extreme with bonus waves enabled will give you a textcode for a bonus tower
->The codes can only be used in the first 5 minutes of a game!

---Race Changes---
-Added a new race: The Nightelfs. They can only be randomed.
-Added a new race: The Mercenaries. Win the extreme mode to achieve them.
-Added more spells to autocast
#Undeads#
-Sapphiron now has a new spell 'frostbomb' (made by nichts)
-Acolytes now directly collect gold
-The army of the Lichking doesn't die anymore
-Patchwerk's hateful strike was kinda broken and now works again
#WoW#
-Molten Destroyer can now be upgraded to Golemagg
-Added a new summon spell to Nefarian and Nefarius
#Demons#
-Added the Chaos Warlord tower to the fel orc gateway.
-Demon Crystal can now be upgraded to a Greater Demon Crystal
#Underworld#
-Fixed the build issue for Vor'tax and nightlord while Dalia is morphed
#Special#
-weakened the Stone Golem
-Magnataur now has the multi shockwave to make him a bit more valuable
-Reworked the Scorpion to Crystal Scorpion with 2 new spells

---Misc Stuff---
-Added a spell to the Avatar Boss
-Added a new column to the multiboard which shows the current wave of each player
-All timers are now shown via the multiboard. The 'lumber timer' from 0.96 is now unused
-Bug fixes
-A lot of other small changes i can't remember
---0.96---

-Underworld race has been added. You can pick them by choosing the Underworld Ambassador
-Used custom model: DemonTower by HappyTauren
-known issue: while Royal Warden or Dalia are using the Shadow Soul you can not build or upgrade the Nightlord. just wait until the metamorph is over (maybe someone knows a way to solve that)

-every worker has a stack of "Tower Displacers" now. If you use the item it will create a summoning pedestal which has the size of a tower. the pedestal can "summon"; a tower to regain the build spot of the tower without selling it.

-added some summoning spells to autocast

-1 new "secret"

-a few little balance changes

-memory leak fixes (but i think there is still memory leak which will be needed to fix)
---0.95a---

-fixed the spawn bug for player 8 (pink) - thanks to frozenfenrir
-archmage special tower still has the manaregaura but it does nothing and will be soon replaced by something else
---0.95---

-better minimap image
-custom loading screen

-lose and win cinematics can also be seen in solo mode
->new win cinematic

-reworked map balance, i think it's more difficult on all modes now
-changed easy values to 35 lives from 50 and sell to 90% from 100% and mob hp from 80% to 85%

-a lot of towers got slightly changed to fit the new balance. some towers got new abilities.
-Kil'jaeden and Nature worker start with a special tower like Tamer now. Nature tower has an attack so build it next to the way
-implemented 2 "secrets"

-many small changes and fixes

Credits

Credits

---Models---
AncientExplode, DoomsDay, Nuke Model: WillTheAlMighty
Infernal Robot: Donut3.5
DemonTower, Power Lich: HappyTauren
BossOmega: Callahan
Bloodelfenwarrior: Appendix
SpiralAura: JetfangInferno
FireBlink: Pyritie
Demon Slasher: General Frank

---Icons---
BTNResurrect: Elenai
BTNAdvancedMoonGlaive: Mullar
BTNDemonTower: HappyTauren
BTNNukeBomb: MC!
BTNKingArthas: General Frank
BTNDragonStoneRainbow, BTNCRTaurUltimate: CrazyRussian
BTNShreddingTrap: ValkYron
BTNEgg: ?
BTNTechbeamblade: ?

---Systems---
Ascii+Codemaker+TimerUtils+CoolTimers+SimError: Vexorian
LinkedList: Ammorth
Perfect Unit Indexing: Cohadar
SpellEvent: Antiarf

---Tools---
JassNewGenPack: from www.wc3c.net
Vexorians Map Optimizer: Vexorian
GMSI: Gex
Widgetizer: PitzerMike
Comments about balance, gameplay, bugs and typos are still needed.

Important Hint: This map has been optimized with widgetizer and mapoptimizer. So it's acutally "protected" and can't be opened in the editor. I will soon upload a normal version.
Contents

Upadoro TD v0.985 (Map)

Reviews
09:59, 26th Oct 2008 Rui: The map required a category. I added one myself. "Upadoro TD" is a tower defense game - you must build towers in order to stop waves of creeps. I have reviewed version 0.96 of this map, and you may find the comment here...
Level 1
ive hosted it once and the half of the players didnt get any spawns =/
and the names of those players on the multiboard said "not playing" for no reason =O

Level 3
i got big problem sometimes (not everytime) there is a problem in level 47 i don't know what exactly happens but lvl 48 don't start i think somewhere is a invisible unit stucked or something like that....

Level 4
yeah thats a bug with the creep counter it thinks there's still a creep out there but in reality its not - it will be fixed in the next version

Level 6
i got big problem sometimes (not everytime) there is a problem in level 47 i don't know what exactly happens but lvl 48 don't start i think somewhere is a invisible unit stucked or something like that....

yeah well i think nearly every patch with new stuff has atleast one thing that is broken and screws the rest >.<

but anyway thanks for the hint. it shouldn't occure often but it will be fixed.

edit:
0.98 still needs some time (i think it will be released with Duke Nukem Forever :D ). so here is a little patch to fix the rare chance that level 47 could stuck

Last edited:
Level 3
well that chance wasn't very "rare" XD it happens nearly each game :p i have i Question will there be any new races in the game? cause i mastered them all (without this dranei bastard XD .... WAY too weak if u compare them with... goblins :D)

Level 4
The following is kinda a spoiler:
well there won't be a new race for now but i can say as much as this: there will be a new builder with really awesome towers and a new very different difficulty setting - and that's why the next version is taking so long the towers have real great looking abilities and they take a lot of work (were done with like 1/11) so stay tuned

Last edited:
Level 3
The game takes >1 min to load, that's why i dont play it :(
edit: ok, i've widgetized it and now it only takes 8 sec vs 1:10

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey Hey,
new version is finally out. Read the patchlog for all informations. It's again very short because i always forget to make a real documentation about the changes but i think it lists the most important things.

Please report any bugs. Mainly there could be a few non working autocasts but i think i tested all.

Level 1
Found a bug that prevents the game from progressing. On the Phoenix Wave where they turn into eggs, a friend had Demonic Illidan's telepot a few of the eggs back to the start. We were not able to progress because they were invulnerable, and would not hatch to run through the map.

Level 1
I am really a fan of your map=) and now i am trying to get all secrets, have a few=) but i dont post them herexD

i have found mugg hidden ability, and a bug with him. if u cast the hidden ability, and after it u make itemify and summon mugg again, he have full mana and his ability is rdy again, without waiting the cooldown=(
i even found cortas(or how he gwt called^^) but i still dont know, what to do with the pulsing crystal, maybe u can give a little hint?

and i think the lvl 55 boss is bugged, because if he start summon, he dont stop summon??? i have maked over 10k kills in a game and he still summon units? if its a bug?(i killed him with a cheat to get the code=()

MFG
BlackAce

Level 1
and can it be that the ability from cowking is bugged too?
he says if u click 50 times on it the next boss drop something, i clicked the ability 50 times and even the boss 50 times, but nothing happened, or have i do someting wrong?

Level 6
thanks for your comments. I gonna fix that with the final boss. But last time it didn't happen for me so does it always occure for you or did you something special?
hmm yeah and that with mugg I forgot to add a mana requirement for the spell. changed that too.
for the pulsing crystal just look in the earlier comments I think there where some hints.
and for cowking thing just search for some facts about the "blizzard chatgem" :D

Level 1
i play the td with a friend often, most on difficult nightmare, and it happens always by me, and the units the lvl 55 boss sends are bugged to i think, because sometimes the go straight your towers und u have no chance to kill them=(

Level 4
Tried nightmare too, same bug with boss wave 55, endless kills (fun though but still... having 3k+ souls lol)

Also there is a typo error in the templar aura that give soul, lvl 3 give 3 soul but tooltip of lvl 3 say it give only 2.

Level 1
Found a bug with lvl 6 if i saw right.

the mortars have the ability to fake their death, if they fake their death, u get gold and then u kill him u get again gold, means u get this waves 2 times the gold it should give.
another bug(not a really bug) is then u itemify towers with full mana and u rebuild them, that they have no mana more, and this is realy anoying by the paladin...

Level 6
the thing with the mana is intended because otherwise you could just itemify the towers and reuse the abilities. and a trigger to restore the mana would be to complicated for the little effect.

but i can't confirm the thing with the mortars. tried it two times and got normal gold and soulpower. maybe it just looked like double gain when many die on the same spot.

Level 1
that could be, dont saw if it was 2 times or not, so i said i wasnt sure=)
but the pulsing crystal tower is a little bit overpowered i think, with lvl 3 30%chance to stun 3 sec with very fast attack speed, if he focus the boss they cant move^^

These Things are Unbalanced:

Pulsing Crystal tower too much stun(+itemify bug again, if u itemify him he get his as speed spell back=()
shamanistic keepers spell is too strong for the souls
lvl 55 boss on nightmare is a joke, he get by me to the seocond corner, that cant be nightmarexD^^

Last edited:
Level 2
I found Upadoro TD a very cool Td map. Its one of my 3 most favorite =)

But it still has few bugs in it:

1)the ogre warlord (or whatever is his name - the upgrade of 120 gold ogre from mercenaries) gets stuck (stops attacking) before autocasting his wave (manual casting is ok).

2)both upgrades of self made aircraft get stuck right after autocasting their attackspeed bonus spell.

3)there are wrong requirements written in the goblin/nightelf race - it always shows category two - war (even if it needs category one/three)

4)this is more imbalance than a bug - the nightmare difficulty is much easier than the very hard (but still fun to play)

Level 6
thanks for your comment. hmm very strange i found the bug with the ogre/airplanes my self and fixed it and tried it a few times and it worked for me. but there seems to be another reason for triggering fail.

hmm the upgrade tool tip is generated by the game. I will look at it and why it shows the wrong upgrades.

and yeah like I said the next patch will focus on balance instead of adding again a lot of stuff.

Level 1
I spent days and days and fianally i managed to complete this awesome TD on easy difficoulty (random race)

I think i had a night elf race anywho i saved the replay *proud*

Every race really is unique in it's own way and the simplest towers can have the most spectacular abilitys or just simple and very helpful abilitys which make the spectacular ones more special :)
It's one of the few games (atm the only map) that made me addicted to it until completing it...

The map also has a very nice visual look and all tooltips are complete with information a player needs and some colors to highlight the important stats. There were some minor spelling mistakes but hopefully those will be fixed soon in the next release.

As I said before the map is awesome and now i completed it (on easy at least) I can now rest in peace ;D
Good Job 5/5!

Level 2
I spent days and days and fianally i managed to complete this awesome TD on easy difficoulty (random race)

Every race really is unique in it's own way and the simplest towers can have the most spectacular abilitys or just simple and very helpful abilitys which make the spectacular ones more special :)
It's one of the few games (atm the only map) that made me addicted to it until completing it...

The map also has a very nice visual look and all tooltips are complete with information a player needs and some colors to highlight the important stats. There were some minor spelling mistakes but hopefully those will be fixed soon in the next release.

As I said before the map is awesome and now i completed it (on easy at least) I can now rest in peace ;D
Good Job 5/5!

Lol kidding? Throught this is one of the best tds i know for sure, its also one of the easiest. I have beaten it on nightmare/very hard (whitch i think is more difficult) mode on first try except with the daemon race. =)

Level 6

Good Job 5/5!

Thanks for your nice comment and short review.

Do you still know where you found some spelling mistakes? So I can fix them faster.

and to the next patch:
I found some bugs which made nightmare indeed easier. The voodoo damnation of the voodoo keeper for example had a little typing mistake which results in a higher bonus damage than intended.
and another thing: After trying a little bit and recalculating I think there is just too much gold and the gold gain from creeps raises too fast and too much. What do you think about that?

Level 1
So.. 1st is a typo in map story. Theres kitnaped - not kidnaped. Nightmare mode is to easy. You should realy give waves more hp or more armor or better abilitys becos soultemplars are just destruction. The other thing is the last boss!? Are you kidding me? He has hero armor Not demonic. He has overaly only 200k hp like wtf? 50th lvl wave mobs have 66666. And overaly more then him. He is kinda slow. And ffs Who wouldnt kill him with a tower of 60% Bash. Its very easy. And the last boss is the same on all dificultys... what kinde of hard ship is that? I really really love your map heh. It got me addicted for a bit now. 1 thing i still dont get is what to do with the Necronomicon that is droped by last boss. Its a skill item or something? Becos i read on some posts that they playd 55th wave and i got only 50 can the game go on further? I want to know becos me and my friends playd the map on nightmer 10 times or so and everyone got the necronomicon but no one knows what to do with it. Please give alittle more help around it. Not just Now go kill upadoro... Ah 1 more thing i found Fish, Stone Golem tower and Holly Crusader tower: Are there any more secret towers/abilitys/places?
Hmm still w8ing for replay for a day now: You stoped developing of this map?

Last edited:
Level 1
As many other people have already stated, I think that this is one of, if not the most, awesome TD EV4R! It's very simple to start with, many different races, special abilities, and just very nice gameplay. If I have to say anything bad about this, there are a few spelling mistakes but nothing major, (except for the Flying Machine thing (Piolet? :p)) and it would also be funnier if you could pick the Nightelf race in stead of just being lucky, (I have restarted countless times and haven't received it yet >.<) So, overall: 4,99/5 Awesome map!

Last edited:
Level 6
So.. 1st is a typo in map story. Theres kitnaped - not kidnaped. Nightmare mode is to easy. You should realy give waves more hp or more armor or better abilitys becos soultemplars are just destruction. The other thing is the last boss!? Are you kidding me? He has hero armor Not demonic. He has overaly only 200k hp like wtf? 50th lvl wave mobs have 66666. And overaly more then him. He is kinda slow. And ffs Who wouldnt kill him with a tower of 60% Bash. Its very easy. And the last boss is the same on all dificultys... what kinde of hard ship is that? I really really love your map heh. It got me addicted for a bit now. 1 thing i still dont get is what to do with the Necronomicon that is droped by last boss. Its a skill item or something? Becos i read on some posts that they playd 55th wave and i got only 50 can the game go on further? I want to know becos me and my friends playd the map on nightmer 10 times or so and everyone got the necronomicon but no one knows what to do with it. Please give alittle more help around it. Not just Now go kill upadoro... Ah 1 more thing i found Fish, Stone Golem tower and Holly Crusader tower: Are there any more secret towers/abilitys/places?
Hmm still w8ing for replay for a day now: You stoped developing of this map?

Sorry for the late answer but actually there is not much time and I'm trying different things for a better balance when I find some time.
Actually I'm trying around with the balance of the gold gain because already after doing well in the first bonus wave there is too much money for the players so I think there is more balance needed for the bonus wave and a smoother gold gaining curve. And some Keepers will be weakend.
And yes the endbosses are still very weak because they are just stunned too death, so I thing there is some kind of re-design required.

Level 1
Take your time l0l - good stuff is made thrue time and effort. Good luck and keep it up. Ill submit any bug's/glitches me and ppl i play with will finde.

Found this: Golemagg the Incinerator's Frenzy Aura effects soul templar as well giving him the 15% atack speed bonus and it should only effect core hounds.(WoW race)

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey epix, are you still working on this map?

I am not a fan of Tower Defense maps, but I really like Upadoro TD and I found some bugs like towers getting stucked, wrong hotkeys and some abuses.

Level 5
Great, so here is a list of bugs and other things I found:

1. All "W" hotkeys for build tower don't work. They are, actually on "G";
  2. After Mugg gains the morph ability, if you itemify it, it will return with full mana and all the cooldowns reseted;
  3. If you itemify the Royal Spire, you can't pick it up;
  4. The Burning Archer tower gets stuck trying to autocast its shockwave ability. It tries to attack then it stops and uses the ability, but it don't fires, so it tries to attack again and so on;
  5. The Patchwerk tower, when you turn off the autocast of its second ability it starts to use, if you turn on, it stops;
  6. Change the position of the starting buildings that some races has. For player red, for example, they block a good spot for build towers. Put it a little more to southeast, just a little;
  7. The 3 last waves, starting from the Phoenixes, the game says you finish the wave before you really kill them all. Probably you are not counting the eggs, or when the other creeps go back in time;
  8. The final boss an the Nightmare difficulty are way too easy.

This is what I remeber now, there is probably nothing else.

Anyway, keep the good work Epix, it's a really good TD map.

Level 6
Hey skar,

1. that's strange with the hotkeys for me it works but maybe it is difference with keyboard settings/language or maybe you made changes in your custom keys

2. I think I already fixed that for my newest test version. but I will check it again.

3. Yeah I don't know many people don't have problems and can pick it and for others it doesn't work. Maybe I must search a new modell or use a standard modell.

4. I know this bug and I don't know why it sometimes returns even if I try to fix it since many versions and sometimes it works normal. But I will also recheck that.

5. Ok fixed. I forgot to change the patchwerk triggers to the new cast system.

6. How do you mean that? The startposition in the maze is for every color the same and the gate is being removed and then you can choose where to place the starting tower.

7. Hmm okay never really noticed that checking that.

8. Yeah that was mentioned many times. I must see how I can make the bosses more difficult.

Thanks for your hints.

Level 5
This is what I mean about the starting buildings:
wc3scrnshot091210171656.jpg

Place them farther from the main path, so you can build towers there. And make the same for all players.

About the Burning Archer, I am not sure about that, but once I tryed to cast its ability manually and it says that I can't target enemies. Maybe is something with the spell targets.

You will add more secrets on the next version? It's fun to find them. :grin:

Level 2
One of the best TDs Ive ever played.
Very unique and fun Builders, waves and abilities.
In the long run, some more challenges would be nice thou ..

Great map anyways 5/5

Last edited:
Level 6
ah okay you mean the goldmine of the scourge. hmm okay I could place it somewhere else but for my own feeling I think there are enough other and better build spots anyway. I will try a little bit.

Yeah and secret's is always hard to balance when it is an extra tower for example but maybe I can add something funny.