• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unreal Mercenaries - Role Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Bzz. Quick Scoping Skill too low.
IC:
Peper fires, but does not hit. The Skaarj advances, lifts his weapon, and fires back. His aim was good, but his ignorance of the weapon types made his shot only a waste of ammo. The volley spreads over a large area, burning the grass but missing Peper completely. The Bio-Mech fire again, this time with a bit more luck. He hits the shoulder of his enemy, who simply ignores it. Then it's the Skaarj's turn again. This time he fires a shrapnel grenade.
In the background, a streak of light appears against the dark sky, trace of a large turrest shooting at something, but apparently not hitting. Then, from nearly invisible aircrafts, there comes an answer: Dozens of small rockets, flying S-shaped curves before hitting something on the ground.

Level 3
OOC: Better idea...Peper needs help with aiming because of the Skaarj,and it isn't focusing on K'rak..
IC: K'rak gets up. Despite his horrendous wounds and blood loss,his hatred for the Skaarj combined with his natural aggression in combat drove him onwards. He picked up his knife and staggered over to the Skaarj, before driving his knife directly into the Skaarj's skull.

As the knife hits his head, the Skaarj roars and turns around, one of his arms swinging a large arc, hitting K'rak in the stomach, sending him flying for a third time, but only about one meter. The huge enemy saw his enemy and aimed carefully. Then, with a loud blast, his weapon went off again. But he has hit nothing. A fraction of a second before he pulled the trigger, one of his legs bend in, making him turn a bit. Then, his second leg also quit the service and he completely fell to the ground. With another roar, he pulled the knife out of his head and threw it at K'rak, where it hit the hurt side and now stuck in the shoulder.

Level 3
IC: K'rak yelled out in pain as he was hit in his injured side. Unable to fight on any longer,he swore in the reptiloid language of the Gen'Mokai, before falling unconscious on the ground due to his injuries,exhaustion,and blood loss.

With a satisfying splatter, the bullet ends the life of the big being. An artillery shell explodes nearby, the shockwave nearly upsetting Peper, but mainly reminding you of the existence of the rest of the battle.
Speaking of which, it was going really well meanwhile. The artillery had nearly done their job, as had the remaining mines. The Infantry was now advancing down the hill and the Goliath was still in a small battle of his own against the Cicadas.

"Just keep sniping." James had not noticed what happened meanwhile because he was no longer observing. He had been swimming back through the river and was now helping to smoke out the last of the rebels. One of the small reptiloids suddenly jumped into his sight and fired his weapon. The Necri walked towards him, seemingly undisturbed by the plasma missiles that hit him. He knew these small beings and was troubled because their presence was sa sign for something really dangerous. These were Krall, one of the servant races of the Skaarj, so there was someone who controlled them here. Meanwhile, the Krall seemed to notice that his bullets were useless and charged forward, his weapon raised. But James foresaw the blow and stopped the weapon with his hand. In one swift motion, he grabbed it, pulled it out of his opponent's hands, turned it around and smashed it into the skull of it's owner, who fell to the ground with a very surprised look on his maimed face.

OOC: Ok, I think now we can finish this.
IC: Finally, the Goliath Hull gives way to the pounding missiles that rained on it. After a last shot and a loud roar of the enginges, the giant war machine fell silent, smoke and flames coming out of the holes and dents in the plates. A bit more spectacular ending can be seen on the far side of the river, where the last car is dinsintegrated by an artillery shell. The remaining soldiers tried to run, but found a quick death by either a mine, Pepers rifle or the Cicadas that flew like vultures over the scene, killing one after another with the patience of a winner. The infantry had now reached the base and began storming the barracks and killing everyone they saw. It was a slaughter.
And then, it was over. The soldiers cheered from the windows of the Command Center, the Cicadas flew back to refuel and James walked to his two soldiers. As he saw the dead Skaarj and K'raks wounds, he looked both angry and sad. Without saying a word, he picked up the unconsciuos Gen'Mokai and carried him down the hill. There, he called for a transport that came quickly and brought all three to a hospital.
While they prepared K'rak for the surgery, James finally spoke: "I am sorry. I should never have relied on his observations."

OOC: There are two things that hindered me from posting and I'm awfully sorry for both. The first is a lack of creativity - I somehow have no idea for a new mission (well, I had one, but I cannot use it with this mission ending this way). And the second was the good book a friend borrowed me.
IC:
I took two days before K'rak was stitched together again which were uneventful for Peper, but a hell for James. Several times, he could be heard arguing with the commander or seen walking through the base with a facial expression that made absolutely clear that his face would be red of anger if he had red blood, which he had not.
But finally, everything seemed to clear up and as they entered the spaceship bringing them home, he smiled diabolically when the hatch closed, but said nothing. At home, he brought K'rak to a good hospital, delivered Peper to a mechanic and left for three days, time enough for everyone to be in shape again. Then, he came back and immediately called the two for a briefing.
"I cannot deny that this mission was a failure for everyone of us. The Commander paid me nothing because he lost a Cicada the day after the great assault. This was not our fault, really, but he nonetheless made us pay for it. This makes future planning difficult. I will not conceal you that we are low on funds."
He paused for a second as if it was difficult to say the next thing. Then he shook his head slightly and said, more to himself than to anyone in the room: "James Telcontar, master of the seven deaths, betrayed and tricked by a merc commander who cannot tell the right end of a knife from the wrong." He grinned and continued loud: "He may think that he outwitted me, but he still stays a fool, and a blind one, too. I've stole his Gauss Assault rifles right in front of his face. Each of them is worth a whole company of soldiers. But I don't need a whole company. I need a skilled task force and that is why I sold them to pay the healing of K'rak." He suddenly seemed to collapse into his chair. He waved with his hand and said without looking at them: "Ah, just forget the whole process. You are healed and I got some applications, so we should ignore what happened and just do our job. Tomorrow will be the official briefing, so get some sleep."

Last edited:
Level 3
K'rak nodded silently. He had not yet completely recovered from the mental stress of being almost killed. He turned around and walked back to his room.

OOC:I have two bad and one good messages for you:
First one of the bad: The book my friend borrowed me turned out to be part of a trilogy.
Now the good message: I have finished the two other books this week.
But there is another bad message: Only one of three new players has shown up.
IC: After half an hour of silence, James stood up and closed the door. "Recruits are no longer what they used to be. No matter. I have two missions that I can offer you. The first are the downtown bandits. The other is about obtaining an artifact from the desert legion."

Level 3
IC: K'rak considers the two options. "While it would be...amusing to go with the downtown bandits mission, i must admit i am rather curious as to what is to important about this artifact that someone would hire mercenaries to get it. Could you give us the details?" he asks.

"It's so important that they haven't told me anything. But since it is, as far as I know, a pyramid cast out of one block of metal without any adornment except a Horus eye on one side, I reckon that the material is is made of probably has some interesting properties. They want mercs not because the artifact is special but because the Desert Legion are a bunch of lunatics that would chase the thief through the whole universe."
OOC: The Desert Legion consists of humans that live on desert planets and believe in the ancient Egyptian gods. Their architecture features pyramids and temples with a lot of pillars and statues.

Level 3
"I cast my vote on that. An ineffective vote,since the numbers are against me,but i choose the artifact. It could be quite interesting meeting this Desert Legion" K'rak said.
OOC: Can you imagine a firefight in a place like that?! Geez K'rak would be a freakin monster lol "where is he?" "i can't tell! These pillars block the view!" *cut* XD

Level 3
OOC: No,not tired of waiting at aaaaaaaaaaall. "impatiently" twirling his knife around.
IC: "I still say the artifact, but if you wish to choose the bandits, i shall assist" K'rak said.

Last edited:
OOC: Hey, I am not allowed to double-post. So you are self-responsible for waiting.
IC: "Bandits then." James took out a map of the city and marked a position. "The police believes that the head of them sits here, in an abandoned mall with a subway station. So we have to get there, kill him and then get out of the area. The first part should be not too difficult, at least if you are nice. Getting inside could be difficult. You could shoot, but this is probably also their armory and full of the best fighters they can get. So talking should be considered, but then they will probably strip you of weapons, even the knifes before letting you to the boss. After you dealt with him, you will have to shoot your way out of there and flee. I will try to organise a good vehicle, but I cannot promise anything."

Level 6
Holstering his knife, Zac said: "Alright then. If we're gonna get stripped of weapons, is there gonna be a point to bring more than just some assault rifles along? Also, is there a chance for an assassination-type kill on their boss, or is his location heavily fortified?"

Level 3
K'rak sighed. "If we will be stripped of weapons,there is not much need for bringing extra weapons. I am sure we will be able to gain access to more weapons once we are in there,even if we have to take them from some of the members" he explained.

Level 6
OOC: WAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUPPPPPPPPPPP guys.
Sorry for being out for sooooo long...... i had 3 reasons.

1st, exams......though now it's over :D
2nd my school ( yes my school ) had H1N1........ It close down n erm..... my mom told me to study for exam........

BUT here I am...... Ready to roll again!!
My times are random. I can RP n weekend certain weekdays so erm..... I'm back!!!!!~

"Assassination could be an option, but this is not just about killing one guy. First, the head could be group of people , maybe even with just a fake boss sitting at the top, although I doubt that, but think of it nevertheless. And the police want that we make clear that there is no mercy for them to discourage any successors. If we had the funds, I would give everyone of you a Flak and order you to slaughter everone until there is just blood left of them.
Peper, get used to stand out everywhere. It is not common for BioMechs to escape Liandri and the few that left legally were sold to upper class families."

Level 3
"Excellent idea" K'rak said quickly whilst putting his knife away. He had only had his knife out for close to a minute and already he had been caught. {Well,he's certainly observant}

Status
Not open for further replies.