• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unreal Mercenaries - Role Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC:
With less characters than I expected, but enough for action, i hereby announce the opening of the

184787-albums4043-picture37950.png

Role Play Thread

For the rules and discussions, there is the Construction Thread. Its it possible to sign up there too!

IC:
James looked through some papers, awaiting his team to get ready for the first mission.

Level 7
OOC: I joined in as a Liandri corp Bio Mech called "Jaret Colds".

IC: "So... This is the way I need to go." Jaret said as he was walking through the gigantic corridor that was leading to the main mission-assignment hall. When he entered the large mission-assignment hall, he noticed the large arsenal of similar weapons to both the left and right side of him. He looked around and he noticed a Shock rifle, which he picked up. He looked around, and noticed the Similar looking Bio Mech. "Hmm, there's a familiar bio mech. Analyzing him... Peper. Background: Similar as mine, but not the same. I can't understand why he would leave the Liandri with no obvious reason. Maybe he's a traitor." He sat some chairs away from him, not fully trusting him, and looked into the Necri in front of him, saying nothing.

"Well, if none of you knows what happened to Jay, we will start without him" James marked another sheet, gathered all the papers in three piles and put one of it in his briefcase. The other two were presented to the BioMechs. They were labeled with 'Artun Crypotlogy Centre' and 'Beras Downtown'. "There are currently two things I can offer you: either you aquire an data disk from the local cryptology centre or you help the police to put down some rebels in the downtown."

Level 6
OOC: Whops sry guys kinda bz lately......... ok here goes!!

IC: *Rushed into the briefing room* " Sorry guys got a bad traffic congestions down Barke Road..." *Catches his breath* " Hi you must be Pepper... Nice to meet you!" *Shake hands with Pepper*

*Looks at Jaret*

"And you are??? Never see you around this area.... Are you new?"

"By the way James sorry to keep you waiting...."

[EDIT] OOC: Is this ok?? Yea sure i came crashing in at the last minute but is this ok enough???

Last edited:
Level 22
IC : "Oh man, i'll pick the data disk mission. Since we haven't got powerful equipment. It's interesting to fight rebels, but yeah......"
Peper points to Jay.
"And it's Peper, not Pepper. Understood?"
Peper reads again his assignment.
"Okay, i'm picking this mission. So with what transport we can go for it?"

Last edited:
Level 6
OOC: Ok i will do my best to stay active.........

IC: "Whops sorry Peper....... So we are going for the data disk mission??"

*Pauses and think*

" That's fine with me i guess........... Good thing i charge my Shield Gun......."

" By the way who's that guys sitting there??"
*Points at Jaret*

{ Geez i sure dont like the way he looks......}

OOC: NOTE!: Words in { } are my characters thoughts so take note cuz u cant read my mind even if i am telling you about it :D

Level 7
"Alright. Please. Could you Please sit down and shut the F*** up? Thanks."
*Jaret looks at the files a little better, and thinks:
{Peper's right, We should probably look for the files first, since it's too dangerous for them to go fight the rebels. I, on the other hand, have my favorite weapon here, The Shock Rifle, and am sure I would be great at fighting them} And then he says:
"You guys know what? I'm for the data disc as well. It seems 78% less dangerous, and 51% easier task. So... What are we waiting for?"

"Thanks, Jaret. This is not a kindergarden. Please put the weapons back into the rack, the shooting starts later."
James took the plans for the Cryptology Centre and distributed them on the table.
"The Centre is located in the corner of a greater building. It has three floors, with the original disk probably being at the second, in the chief's office. It's dangerous intel, so he won't entrust anyone except himself with the encoding. The way up there is pretty easy since the layout of the centre is simple:
One corridor going straight from the entrance to the elevator in the first floor, with four rooms at the left and three at the right. The stairs should be in one of the smaller rooms near the elevator, if you happen to cause an alarm and the elevator switches off. In the room on the right near the entrance are the guards, which also act as doormen.
On the second floor, the corridor goes again straight from the elevator to an conference room, with two doors at both sides. The chief's office is probably behind the conference room.
I will deploy you with a Van in front of the entrance. In the best case, you get to the office and back again without any alarm or sightings and i will pick you up at the same spot. If you have to get dirty, i will leave my position and park the van in the inner courtyard. The rooms in the first floor at the right near the elevator probably have windows opening to the courtyard, so if the police stands at the front door, dont hesitate to jump out of the window. But if the exit is clear, use it and call me. I will then pick you up here, at the next crossroad.
That would be it. In general, try to be friendly, do not shoot unprovoked, especially not on innocents, but also try to leave no direct witnesses. And for you:" He pointed at the two Bio Mechs "I suggest you overpaint your production numbers. Its difficult to talk you out of the jail with such proof."

OOC: I have School during the week, so i cannot answer in the forenoon and the early afternoon, but i'll try to male a post at midday.

Level 6
IC: "What?? Hey maybe i will just guard the exit is that ok??"

{ I am after all a big-@$$ tank.. }

" I'm sayin this because i am a little too big to avoid the alarm so......... I think i will just stay in the van guarding James ok? But if it gets too dirty i will protect you guys ok?? I am after all a big tank, ask James about that, heh"

*Smiles*

{ That Jaret guy..... Hope he doesn't pull any strings and double-cross us.... duh... }

"Proposal rejected. If i need a guard, i will tell you so. You have two options: staying here and disclaim your share or going into the mess like everyone else.
And now to the last part of the briefing: Armament. I suggest Mr. Schmitz takes the Link Gun with extra ammunition, Mr. Colds the Shock Rifle and an Assault Rifle and our Big-Backside Tank Jay hides himself behind the Shield Gun, but of course also gets an Assault Rifle too.
The mission starts tomorrow at 800. You are dismissed."
As the team left the briefing room, James grabbed Jay at the arm and hissed:
"If you dont have enough guts for this job, then better start searching for another one. These two Bio Mechs will cause as much attention as you, so stop being a wimp and get used to real death."

OOC: I suggest a time jump to tomorrow 817, when you leave the van. Any objections?

Level 6
IC: "Wow wow James cool down, I just dun wanna mess this mission up ok??"

{ Wimp??? Heck....... whatever.......... }

" Hey James see ya tomorrow....... By the way dun call me a wimp...."

*Gives James a friendly punch*

{That should whip him into shape.......}

OOC: Mission Starts soon......... Really Excited........

Last edited:
OOC: Wait, first i have to get a temper tantrum
IC: James blocked the punch with a swift motion and tightened his grip on Jay's arm. "You will have to learn one thing really quick if you want to stay. This business is not about friendship. There is no place for emotions if you want to get your money. To make it absolutely clear: I do not feel anything for any of you. You are tools. I am a tool. And if we do not what we are supposed to do, we will be dumped without any second thought. I have no intention of loosing by playing nice. Remember that every second."
OOC: Ok, done. Time Machine activated.
IC:
The van (with the ridiculously inconspicous label 'Pest Control Company Smith') slowly drove around the junction and stopped in front of the Centre. It was an unimportant-looking brick building with several entrances, most of them probably just for the flats that filled 75% of the structure. The one at the corner was looking no different, except for the fact that the plaque next to the door had no names on it , but the simple words 'Artun Crpytology Centre' and also lacked a bell button. Over the door was a large glass window, probably the one of the conference room in the second floor.
"Here we are. I'll have my radio switched on, but i dont know who's also listening, so only call me when really needed. Good luck." Then he unlocked the back door of the van and let the three warriors jump out.

Level 22
OOC: Which route I have to choose? Hmm....

IC: "Okay, let's go team!"
Peper checked his link gun and analyzing the routes.
"In my opinion we can take the elevator as long as we don't trigger the alarm. What do you guys think?"
Peper asked his comrades. "And James, stealth always the best right? It's the best route I think instead taking the stairs."

Level 6
OOC: Hehe Nice here i go!!!

IC: "Okay the stairs are fine with me, so Jaret you okay with this??

{ Hopefully, there are no guards at the stairs or we might fail this mission...... }

* Jumps out of the van and looks around *

{ Hmm.... whats that? Nah, probably just a little bird, geez I'm certainly over-reacting after James called me a wimp....... Focus........ Focus......... }

* Takes a deep breath *

{ Wonder what will Jaret say about taking the stairs? }

[EDIT] Is this ok?

Last edited:
After you enter the building, you see that it is like James described: A straight corridor from you position to the elevator, with some potted plants here and there. A low murmur and the noises of computer ventilators and keyboards fills the air. On your right is a window to one of the rooms, with a man in grey clothing sitting behind a desk. The rest of the room is obscured by several boards, but you can hear some men talking quietly. The doorman stopped reading his magazine and greeted the mercs with uncertain voice: "Hello. Do you have an appointment?"

Last edited:
Level 7
OOC: I'll delete mine.. I saw it looked the same (Well, almost) As mine, so I thought you were posting that so i could see what to delete. Ah God. Fuck it, Continue.
You know, I posted an "invented" (Non existing) Bug in there. I made him act like he has heard of it (He actually thought it existed, but never heard of it). If he said he never heard of such nonsense, he would thinked that he would have appeared to our characters stupid. I was planning on that we get caught, because someone forgot about the cameras *Ahem... at least 200 years in the future... (Wouldn't they have cameras in all rooms, Not to talk about a office of the chief) Ahem*

1. During the work hours:

My character said that it was a very dangerous, small and rare bug, and that they spread very quickly. So, to evade the epidemically spreads, they had to suppress the epidemic. He thought that that was a very serious matter, so he believed them.

2. When all bugs in the building are in the source codes:

I quite don't understand what you're talking about. I'm talking about a real bug, living creature, not the "Bugs" in PCs and similar. As far there is to my knowledge, Source codes do not refer to living things.

RP is supposed to be fast paced and interesting, not to have a mission of about 3 pages. There shouldn't be that many Rules, because it is supposed not to shrink you to the minimum. The GM shouldn't be like a God, he's supposed to be just like everyone else.
My RP (The Videogame wars), for instance, I'm the GM, and I think I died in the RP more than anyone. It has only 5 rules, that are something like this:
1. No custom systems, other than IC and OOC
2. No custom video game characters ((WoW draenei and such) mostly RPG game characters)
3. No immature stuff. No overpowering.
4. No huge stuff before we talk about it. (Example: A war)
5. No fighting before the challenged player says yes.

I think that's the reason why there aren't that many users joining this RP. I personally didn't like that much the rules (Actually, those weren't rules. Half of it was just explaining the races's advantages and disadvantages).
...I don't know, I lost the will to RP anymore, so... Since the shooting hasn't started yet... make my system overheat or something, or someone found out my coordinates and Terminated me... You pick.

Level 6
OOC: Geez I'm really confuse here....... Guess i will wait for this mess to be sorted out 1st before i start RP-ing again

OOC: My Answer is in the Construction Thread. Since you wanted it, i shall remove your character by simply saying that he stayed at home, meaning that the two others are now alone.
The Rest of the discussion please in the Construction Thread. This is for the Role-Playing, which gets me to another point: Someone has to answer the guard.

The guard ducked as soon as he saw Peper's weapon, but was not fast enough. The plasma missile caught him at the temple, burning his face and spinning him around, collapsing into the sight screens, which also collapsed and revealed three more guards. One of them hit a button and immediately the building was filled with the sound of sirens. He then turned to the telephone, probably calling the police. Through the glass part of the door, you could see James' van driving away. The other two guards drew their pistols and charged out of the room. One of them turned to Jay, aiming at his head. The other aimed at the running Peper and shot. The bullet hit his shoulder, but was reflected by his strong armor without having any visible effect.

OOC: As i think i mentioned before, you do not know where the stairs are, you just know where the elevator is. The stairs are just for emergencies, so they are hidden in one of the small rooms near the elevator.

Level 6
OOC: Hey play it nice and fair ok????

IC: Jay took out his assault rifle and shoots one of the guards that tried to shoot him before taking out the guy that was on the phone, hoping to prevent the police from coming.

* Looks for Peper *

{ Where on earth is Peper ? Darn it!! }

OOC: Peper is about five meters in front of you.

IC: The guard Jay shot at falls bleeding, not dead yet, but no longer a threat. The one remaining in the corridor jumps behind one of the potted plants and shoots at Jay, but since he had no time to aim properly, the shot only grazed his left upper arm. The guard in the room seeks cover behind a desk before Jay manges to hurt him badly.

Level 6
OOC: Oh? Elevator???

IC: Jay rushes to the elevator as fast as he could. Just in front of the elevator he prepares to open fire. Then...........

* Gun Jams up *

" Oh shit...... "

*Tries to shoot again*

OOC: (Awaiting GM reaction )

You advance to the elevator without much problems. The guard at the phone continues yelling into the receiver while the other has to hide behind the now dead plant, firing only a few shots that mostly miss you and cause no greater dents in your armor.
Just as you are in reach of the elevator button, he has to reload, giving you the time to press the button and to notice that the elevator has been turned off. Searching for the stairs that had to be near, you examine the four doors near you. The two to your left have pictograms on them, indicating that these are the toilets. The two on you left are not labeled.
In this moment, James calls you over the radio with a strangely distorted voice: "The police just answered to the alarm. Estimated arrival time minus seven minutes."

OOC: Sorry for controlling your characters slightly. It was neccesary to give you the information you need.

Level 6
OOC: Hey guys just return from my one-week trip in Singapore sorry of not rp-ing for a week...............

IC: Jay runs up the stairs. Since he's armor is heavy, it took quite a while before he reached the second floor...

{ I HATE RUNNING!!! }

" Peper, get up here now!! Hurry up! "

{ Weird..... No guards................... }

As you enter the second floor, you can see again that James was right: A small corridor, you at the one end, the conference room at the other. With the one you came through, there are six doors: Elevator and stairs at the one end, one more at your side, two at the other and the open conference room door at the other end of the corridor, out of which someone shoots a deadly rain of Assault Rifle bullets. This someone has turned over the conference table as cover and seems to wear the 7th Fleet Merc uniform.

OOC: The next time someone goes on vacation, please tell me so that i can find a way to avoid having all the characters freezed.

OOC2: Assault rifle grenades are, as the gamers say it, 'gravity-affected', meaning that they are shot at low velocity and have therefore a parabola flight curve.

Level 6
OOC: Sorry James........

IC: * Takes Cover behind door *

* Shouts *

" PEPER GET YOUR @$$ UP HERE AND LEND ME A HAND!! HURRY UP!! "

* Fires a grenade towards the conference room *

" FIRE IN THE HOLE !!!!!! "

Status
Not open for further replies.