• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unreal Mercenaries - Role Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
OOC: Infiltrating??? Not good with Minigun..

IC: "It's better to go with the downtown bandits. If it is possible delay the infiltration mission till Fall where we will get about 5 hours of darkness."

" I vote for the easy one, what say you K'rak? Your vote will decide it."

{ Hopefully K'rak will vote for the easy mission. }

OOC: Voting time. Wigglz??

Level 6
OOC: Well.....

IC: "Ok fine then let's vote ok? If K'rak votes for me, we go for the downtown bandits. If K'rak votes for Peper, we will infiltrate ok? No objections."

Level 6
OOC: Well......

IC: While waiting for K'rak to decide, Jay excuses himself and heads for the washroom.

" Need to pee give me a sec okay? "

OOC: ......toilet time.....

Level 22
OOC: Well...... No mission in fall, because James' friend wanna do it now.

IC: While waiting K'rak to make decision, Peper played with his rubber-toy.
"James, can I still use Link Gun on this mission? And do we have any silent weapon for the infilration? I don't like knives so much"
Peper throw his toy to the corner.
"And with what transportation we will get in there?"

Level 6
OOC: Whew..... Toilet time---

IC: * Walks in to the briefing room *

" Silent weapons?? We could go in with Assault rifles with suppressors while one guy get a Sniper Rifle and support us. Unfortunately i bought a Minigun not Sniper....."

" Still we haven't decide on which mission to do so..... K'rak think before you vote ok?"

{ Is K'rak thinking?? He is so..... quiet......... }

OOC:--up, are they suppressors to use by the way?

Level 6
OOC: Sorry, parents are getting strict on computer usage. I'll try to be on as much as possible though.
IC:"Well both are good options. However, i prefer the infiltration. It would be very simple if we keep quiet, and with my skills with my knife it could be the safest and fastest mission. And if needs be, Jay could assist with the minigun, as i'm sure he would prove useful with that." K'rak says after some consideration.
{Assuming all goes well, this could be an easy mission. I just hope that the one with the minigun doesn't have an itchy trigger finger}

Level 6
OOC: " itchy trigger finger " ??? Hmm....

IC: " Well like i said no objections so we will infiltrate the camp James. Anyway what kind of transport do we get to go with? Certainly not that pest-control van right?? "

{ K'rak seems rather polite...... maybe i misjudged him..... }

" Oh by the way K'rak is that a Skaarj Knife?"

* Points at a knife tied around K'rak's waist *

OOC: Hey check this out.

http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapons

Eleven hours later, the mercenary team was orbiting around the rim colony Ulaan II (in a space-ship, of course), ready for re-entry. From space, there was not much visible of the conflict on the surface, the earth-like planet seemed peaceful. But as the spaceship landed one hour later, the war was omnipresent: The spaceport was filled with several miltary transporters, one-man space/air fighters and hordes of busy soldiers who were commanded around by loud and angry officers. Several of the large Goliath Battle Tanks and a SPMA1 battery were currently unloaded or were on their way to leave the space port.
As you walk down the ramp, you notice the elderly man awaiting you. His big mustache and his broad and wrinkled face give him an fatherly appearance, but his aura of authority and the three-star badge on the shoulder signalize that this is in fact the commander of the ninth Mercenary Fleet. As he seems James, his mouth form a warm smile and he begins to walk towards the group. As the two leaders meet, they exchange a friendly hug and some plesant comments about their outer apperance.
Finally, James comes to the point: "You bring up some heavy gear here. How have you got the money?" The smile disappears immediately on the old face. "The NEG stands behind this. They seem to fear these rebels out there. But you know how they are. We have to return all of it without a scrath or we will be the next they send their troops against." James chuckles and answers in a mocking tone: "I'm always there to help a friend in need. Just tell me where -" The Commander interrupts bluntly: "I know you and I know what you want. You wouldn't be here if there weren't something in it for you." The Necri ignores this comment and continues: " - our barracks are so that my boys can get their rest. We will talk about that in privacy." With that, he points at one of the soldiers standing around and gestures him to bring you to the barracks.
Half an hour later, James returns with a sheet of paper, two recruits carrying weapon boxes and a bad mood. He places the sheet at the table and waves you forward to look at it.
Mission2.png
"This is our position. The enemy holds the last crossing of this river, a small ford here in the area. The river itself flows between three cliffs, forming a peninsula on which they have errected their camp. They have built SAM launchers and other turrets on the western cliff, making it impossible to use greater air transports or to start a frontal assault. That is you first target. Get up the hill and disable these turrets to make the path clear for the infantry.
Then he has demanded over ten tasks that are impossible to do, even if we were more persons. First, lay mines on the escape route in the east so that these rebels stay where they are. Secondly, take out the snipers that sit on the nothern cliff. Thirdly, destroy the Goliath and the SPMA the rebels have captured. You can see their estimated position on the map, but the Goliath is probably not parked outdoors at night. I assume that the northernmost building is a garage. Fourthly, mark the Surveillance Tower, the Head Quarter, the Armory and all other building down there for Artillery strikes.
As you may have noticed, that is largely impossible. So I suggest the following: You first of all disable the turrets. Then two of you stay up there and try to deal with the snipers on the other cliff as good as you can while the third runs east and places the mines. I would suggest K'rak for that since he is the fastest and most silent. After the mines are laid out, the ones on the cliff mark two buildings and give the signal for attack while the third moves north and seeks a hidden place from where he can snipe at any escapers.
Which bring us immediately to the next point: armament. This is a moonless planet, so there will be complete darkness. This is not a problem because you will get Nightvisions and Infrared scopes. This mainly means that you cannot use energy weapons because they are too bright and that you shoudl try not to destroy the turrets with an explosion."
James turns to the two weapon chests. The first is filled with mines. "Anti-Person land mines, extra light and small so that you can take a lot of them."
The second is filled with different weapons. James takes out three guns that look like ordinary Assault Rifles. "Silenced Assault Rifles with Gauß Technology. No sound, no muzzle flash. Just a quick death. They are small and light enough to be worn at the girdle. I did'nt know that they actually finished developing them." The next thing is a Sniper Rifle. "This is the one I bought for us, so unlike anything else i give you you can treat this one a bit rougher. Everything else is NEG property and has to be handled with double care." He glances at Jay and then takes out two more Sniper Rifles. "Just in case you need them. These two have to stay in one piece." Then he presents two strange-looking rifles. "Target Painters. Use them to mark the targets."
Then he closes the box and finishes his speech: "That would be it. Discuss your tactics, missions starts at midnight. Before i forget it: Payment. They have got a fixed amount of money from the NEG for which they have to rent the vehicles, buy the weapons and pay the soldiers. What is left of this sum tomorrow will be distributed between the Commander and me. So make sure that these guys also waste no ressources when attacking."
_______
1Single Person Mobile Artillery. The SPMA is a low-range, but highly mobile and independent artillery vehicle extensively used by all factions. It shoots deadly shrapnel missiles that reduce even reinforced building to rubble quickly. For aiming, it can deploy a floating camera which is unfortunenately very vulnerable and visible and allows AVRiLs to track back to the SPMA by following the radio connection.

Level 6
OOC: ......... Nice screenie there:D

IC: "Ok so me and Peper will be using the Sniper Rifle right? Fine for me but errr how do we disable the turret?"

"Well....."

"Option One: Kill the guy manning it with the Sniper Rifle."
"Option Two: K'rak will have to go up there and silent the guy manning it.''
"Option Three: BLOW IT UP. Yes, i mean BLOW it up.
"Option Four: Cut its power-line.
"Option Five:..............."

"So?? These are the options for disabling the turrets. I don't know about you guys but i am going for Option One. What you Peper, K'rak??"

Level 22
OOC: Nice screenie, btw Wigglz is off again. I suggest we leave him in the base. When he online he can participate.

IC:
"Option one, the best."
"Okay Jay, so you take 'our' Sniper Rifle, i'll handle the 'needs care' one."
Peper picks up one sniper rifle and one assault rifle, the assault rifle is attached to his back/waist/whatever.

"So, this is the Plan." Peper mark the points using red marker.
Mission2 copy.png
"First, as James have said. We'll going to disable the turrets, with option one."
"Second, K'rak will plant the mines along the escape routes and roads, after that you can escape."
"After K'rak at a safe place, we'll mark two mains building when we still stayed here."
"After that, yeah boom."

"Question? Any objections?"
Peper throw his marker.

Level 6
IC: "I agree. Option one is the most logical option. It should be relatively easy for myself to run in there, place the mines, and get out. Any confrontation along the way can be dealt with easily. I may take some time to be prepared for this mission though, so if needs be do not hesitate to attempt the mission without me" K'rak said. He then draws out his knife. "This is not a Skaarj knife. It is similar in design, but if you look closely you can see that there is a slight curve on the handle. I picked this knife up in one of my earlier missions, dropped by a heavily armed soldier. It is much stronger and durable than any Skaarj knife, though it takes more skill to use effectively" K'rak explains.
OOC: Parents are strict lol don't wait for me for future reference

Level 6
OOC: It CAN work, all it means is that i'll only be in a mission every now and then. I'm not exactly essential to all missions ya know? update whenever you want, i just won't be in some of the missions. Blame it on some other mission that K'rak thinks is more essential to complete or somethin like that.
IC: "Jamming the circuits would work. I say we do that." K'rak says.

Level 6
IC:
K'rak sits down thinking. "Is there some kind of switch that can be used to cut the power? If there is, it could be possible that i could get over and pull the switch before the enemy is alerted too much." K'rak says.

Level 6
OOC: Ahh Finally......

IC: " Alright then. K'rak will disable the turrets. So how about the snipers on the north cliff?

Also, the SPMA and Goliath have to be destroyed. Lastly leave the target markings to me. I'm good at that stuff.

So, any opinions about how to destroyed the snipers, SPMA and Goliaths?"

OOC: In case you guys need it...

Eleven hours later, the mercenary team was orbiting around the rim colony Ulaan II (in a space-ship, of course), ready for re-entry. From space, there was not much visible of the conflict on the surface, the earth-like planet seemed peaceful. But as the spaceship landed one hour later, the war was omnipresent: The spaceport was filled with several miltary transporters, one-man space/air fighters and hordes of busy soldiers who were commanded around by loud and angry officers. Several of the large Goliath Battle Tanks and a SPMA1 battery were currently unloaded or were on their way to leave the space port.
As you walk down the ramp, you notice the elderly man awaiting you. His big mustache and his broad and wrinkled face give him an fatherly appearance, but his aura of authority and the three-star badge on the shoulder signalize that this is in fact the commander of the ninth Mercenary Fleet. As he seems James, his mouth form a warm smile and he begins to walk towards the group. As the two leaders meet, they exchange a friendly hug and some plesant comments about their outer apperance.
Finally, James comes to the point: "You bring up some heavy gear here. How have you got the money?" The smile disappears immediately on the old face. "The NEG stands behind this. They seem to fear these rebels out there. But you know how they are. We have to return all of it without a scrath or we will be the next they send their troops against." James chuckles and answers in a mocking tone: "I'm always there to help a friend in need. Just tell me where -" The Commander interrupts bluntly: "I know you and I know what you want. You wouldn't be here if there weren't something in it for you." The Necri ignores this comment and continues: " - our barracks are so that my boys can get their rest. We will talk about that in privacy." With that, he points at one of the soldiers standing around and gestures him to bring you to the barracks.
Half an hour later, James returns with a sheet of paper, two recruits carrying weapon boxes and a bad mood. He places the sheet at the table and waves you forward to look at it.
View attachment 94125
"This is our position. The enemy holds the last crossing of this river, a small ford here in the area. The river itself flows between three cliffs, forming a peninsula on which they have errected their camp. They have built SAM launchers and other turrets on the western cliff, making it impossible to use greater air transports or to start a frontal assault. That is you first target. Get up the hill and disable these turrets to make the path clear for the infantry.
Then he has demanded over ten tasks that are impossible to do, even if we were more persons. First, lay mines on the escape route in the east so that these rebels stay where they are. Secondly, take out the snipers that sit on the nothern cliff. Thirdly, destroy the Goliath and the SPMA the rebels have captured. You can see their estimated position on the map, but the Goliath is probably not parked outdoors at night. I assume that the northernmost building is a garage. Fourthly, mark the Surveillance Tower, the Head Quarter, the Armory and all other building down there for Artillery strikes.
As you may have noticed, that is largely impossible. So I suggest the following: You first of all disable the turrets. Then two of you stay up there and try to deal with the snipers on the other cliff as good as you can while the third runs east and places the mines. I would suggest K'rak for that since he is the fastest and most silent. After the mines are laid out, the ones on the cliff mark two buildings and give the signal for attack while the third moves north and seeks a hidden place from where he can snipe at any escapers.
Which bring us immediately to the next point: armament. This is a moonless planet, so there will be complete darkness. This is not a problem because you will get Nightvisions and Infrared scopes. This mainly means that you cannot use energy weapons because they are too bright and that you shoudl try not to destroy the turrets with an explosion."
James turns to the two weapon chests. The first is filled with mines. "Anti-Person land mines, extra light and small so that you can take a lot of them."
The second is filled with different weapons. James takes out three guns that look like ordinary Assault Rifles. "Silenced Assault Rifles with Gauß Technology. No sound, no muzzle flash. Just a quick death. They are small and light enough to be worn at the girdle. I did'nt know that they actually finished developing them." The next thing is a Sniper Rifle. "This is the one I bought for us, so unlike anything else i give you you can treat this one a bit rougher. Everything else is NEG property and has to be handled with double care." He glances at Jay and then takes out two more Sniper Rifles. "Just in case you need them. These two have to stay in one piece." Then he presents two strange-looking rifles. "Target Painters. Use them to mark the targets."
Then he closes the box and finishes his speech: "That would be it. Discuss your tactics, missions starts at midnight. Before i forget it: Payment. They have got a fixed amount of money from the NEG for which they have to rent the vehicles, buy the weapons and pay the soldiers. What is left of this sum tomorrow will be distributed between the Commander and me. So make sure that these guys also waste no ressources when attacking."
_______
1Single Person Mobile Artillery. The SPMA is a low-range, but highly mobile and independent artillery vehicle extensively used by all factions. It shoots deadly shrapnel missiles that reduce even reinforced building to rubble quickly. For aiming, it can deploy a floating camera which is unfortunenately very vulnerable and visible and allows AVRiLs to track back to the SPMA by following the radio connection.

Level 6
IC: "Yes..that could work. Good idea" K'rak says. He then sits down. "Does anyone have a plan to eliminate the snipers though? They could prove dangerous." K'rak states.

Level 6
OOC: Oh....

IC: " Hey there is about five more hours, so let's go to the target range and practice using the sniper, what'cha say Peper? And K'rak you better rest, just in case we need to high-tail it out of there. And yes James, no drama......."

" So Peper, see you at the target-range. Bye!! "

{ Ugh, I'm getting a little headache.... but whatever.... }

OOC:....this is getting tense....

OOC: Ok, time jump incoming.

IC: After some good practise at the target range, you team up again for the mission. After some more instructions from the Commander which are of no real use you finally sit down in the small and silent hovercraft that brings you over the river. After unloading you, the driver veered back rapidly and left you in the dark night. Without nightvision you can only vaguely see the silhoutte of the forest in front of you. As you switch them on, your surroundings become clearly visible. You stand at the bank of the river which lays behind you. In front of you lays a mixed forest with a lot of fern and undergrowth, good for hiding but bad for moving silently. To your left towers a high cliff with several turrets that slowly turn around, seeking for targets.
Suddenly your radios come to life and James' voice can be heard. "I found a save channel. I'm currently on observation and can direct you if you need help. Just call"

Level 6
OOC: Geez....

IC: "Alright guys listen up....." Jay whispers.... "..... we need to get up that hill first. K'rak, you go first since you are the fastest, me and Peper will follow behind you so get moving."

{ Geez this Sniper Rifle sure is heavy, and the Target Painter is...... huh? Oh it's with Peper...... Geez really scared the **ck out of me.....}

OOC:........no drame huh? Nevermind....

Level 6
OOC: YES SIR!!

IC: * Takes the Target Painter *

" Okay K'rak let's go. "

OOC: Guess we have to wait for Wigglz......

Level 6
OOC: lol my parents are banning me from the computer til after xmas. Just um make it work without K'rak somehow? I'll get rid of the power supply,and help a LITTLE but after that that's it lol
IC: {i must hurry..i am needed elsewhere}
"I do not have time to complete the mission. I am needed on a more important mission. I will help,but once i have taken out the power supply i must leave" K'rak announces. He then dashes forward towards the lever that controls the power supply. He is seen by the snipers, but using his incredible speed he dodges the bullets. He pulls the lever for the power supply and then starts making a dash for a gate in the exit. A soldier gets in K'rak's way,attempting to stop him. K'rak just leaps over the soldier and breaks the soldier's neck after landing. K'rak then runs straight for a gate,but a sniper attempts to shoot him. The sniper's bullet hits K'rak on his left foot, but K'rak ignores the pain. "INSIGNIFICANT HUMAN!" K'rak yells in rage as he leaps high up into the air to where the sniper is sitting and slices the sniper's throat with his knife. K'rak then leaps down,performs a breakroll on the ground,and sprints off towards a group of allied soldiers which are waiting for him.
OOC AGAIN: Still lots of soldiers for ya lol see even though i'm banned now,i still managed to help with the mission :p

Level 6
OOC: Alright Xmas over!!! Let's get this RP rolling!!!

IC: " God...... Alright let's get moving now no more drama. Peper?"

Status
Not open for further replies.