• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units with no Collision getting stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
When I set units to 0 collision, sometimes when they're ordered to attack move, they get stuck on each other along the way. They're computer-controlled units by the way. It is a farily uncommon occurrence but this is a problem for me. Is there any way to avoid this and still have them low collision or even walked through, or should I just reset them to 32?

A side note - I can't confirm this but I was told this can still happen even if the units have normal collision. In that case, could it be something else?

Level 9
If the path is small and there are lot of units this stucking can happen alot, cause of no real good path is found.
If you dont want Units to colide (like old mmorpgs do) you could give all units the ghost visible (undead - Unit skill) ability this allows others to walk through them.

Thanks for the reply. I tried this really quick and I now wonder if it's possible to get what I'm after...

I need them to still fan out when they get in attack range. With Ghost (Visible) they literally stack on top of eachother lol. It's nice being able to walk through them though. The map is an AoS and I don't want to ghost heroes since they're important units whose collision is intentionally set to ON.

The most important thing is a) not having the collision stuck bug and b) being able to walk through troops cause they're annoying to walk around.

Last edited:
Level 9
How would you do that most efficiently/with least lag? Would it really be ok to do a for loop super super often throughout the game for all 10 player's hero unit variables?

By no hiding, you mean shift-click the transition to be like 6 hours? :D I've never even tried that

Edit: Pretty sure I've got it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Sadly I have bad news, my 'discovery' was a bit premature. I recommend anyone reading this later on to forget about this method...it causes team color issues with many textures used on models, and any units using invisibility or permanent invisibility are unable to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.