• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why units stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/download/30815/fmw.w3x
Why do units (NOT CREEPS) stuck in this map when playing multiplayer online HELP PLS

Well this is a towerwars map but everyunit(Builders, Towers cant get upgraded, you cant send creeps etc.) gets stucked in game frequently
I know selecting another unit and reselecting stucked unit is a solution but I need to get rid of this problem completly

AND STOP TELLING ME MAKE COLLISION 0 READ ALL BEFORE REPLY

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok in a TD you normally want your collision sizes to be 0 it just makes life easier
also since your units are only ordered to move once any interruption will have them just sitting around.
So if they cant move because there are other units in the way, Get stunned, Even some times slowed. these units will stop moving and stand around
now if at any point because the path is blocked by your large collision creeps who are not moving your other units will recognize that they cannot go through the path when spawned and stand still
so i recommend making collision 0 and since you seem to be adverse to rally points make a periodic trigger that tells units to move in this case you would most likely need to add the units to groups when you spawn them or something along those lines to prevent unit confusion.

Edit ( middle post deleted ) :
to clarify for people who didn't catch it
the problem lies in that builders and everything else pauses periodically in online play
and must be reselected to continue movement.
this leads me to believe it is something to do with lagg issues but i would just be guessing and i do not have enough knowledge of jass to correctly dissect some of the triggers in the map

Last edited:
Level 19
Not the creeps and collisions are 0 already I mean builders, buildings and creep shops

Status
Not open for further replies.