• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Collision lower than 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have collision size on units that's below 16? Any value below that makes units clip through one another by the same amount (they do still have collision, but it's like anything below 16 acts like a collision of 4 or something). The only thing that seems properly affected is the distance units have between one another when getting into formation. I'm trying to find a way to not make units bump into one another like morons, but even a value of 15 reduces the collision by way too much.

Is there a gameplay constant I can change? Do I need to find someone to hack the game engine???

Level 12
Collision size is only loosely related to actual pathing size. Pathing size is a rectangle and not a circle.

Hardcoded-wise there is nothing you can do about it, maybe a triggered workaround is possible but I don't know what exactly you need.

Well I'm trying to reduce the collision as much as I can to prevent units from going around one another when there should clearly be enough space to go through. Setting the collision to 16 on certain units (like the footman) seems to more or less achieve that effect, but it's far from perfect.

I think Sc2's pathing kinda made Wc3 unplayable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.