• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Un-Named ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Bwathe, is that only first peron or also 3rd person? Ill test it out and see if its right for this RPG. GIMP, it would be nice if you also made yours but thats your choice. Incase Bwathke's isn't the good one for this RPG, you could still make yours.

EDIT: Bwathke, yours isn't that great because it needs you to hold the arrow key long enough for the hero to turn 90 degrees.

Level 8
Added Barren Creeps in the first post but I can't put them in a spoilrt cause there is no spoiler. Any help? Also, terrained some more and the desert is almost 100% done terrained except insides and pathing.

Barrens Creeps:

Level 5 are mini bosses and Level 6 are bosses. Units appear equal to your level. If you have a lower level player, his level units will appear and the level between your and your allies level creeps will be made.

Level 1:
Centaur Scout
Quill Boar

Level 2:
Centaur Archer
Razormane Scout

Level 3:
Lizard
Centaur Warrior
Quill Boar Hunter

Level 4:
Centaur Sorcerer
Razormane Brute
Desert Lizard

Level 5:
Centaur Guard
Quill Boar Guard

Level 6:
Centaur Khan
Quill Boar Chieftain
Desert Lizard Deszaga

Level 8
Bwathke, I don't want too many imported models so maybe not in the first version. So spoilers are
and [/hidden="text"]?

Level 8
Thanks, works now. Bwathke also, I will have a large amount of doodads so I guess if I import too much, the map will lag. I might use custom models for the creeps in the mountian reigon.

Level 8
Its never in the doodad section. You have to type it on custom. When you import something, its something you need to type out not look in the sections.

Level 6
i was going to say some "not centaur, scorpion, quill beast" enemies in the desert would be new, but since you said you won't want alot of imported models, then it's ok. but i would love to see the troll that rides a quill beast in a map.

Level 8
Ahh, Mount System. Don't know if it will be included. For now, Im sticking to the systems I want to implement and in later versions, other systems will be added. Bwathke, maybe he will be the boss in the troll forest.

Level 8
They don't fit this ORPG. I'm not making a Ashenvale Forest in map and the kodo beast tower doesn't fit my orcs or taurens.

Level 8
Added Rouge spells and warrior spells to the first post. Spells might change when I could think of better ones. Most of those for now are place holders. Some more terrain done in the barrens region. Might make a video just on the barrens region soon.

Level 8
Any comments?

New Screenshots:

Untitled-117.jpg

Untitled-118.jpg

Untitled-119.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
hmm. something's bothering me...

in the first new screenshot, there's too much hills i think, or maybe i just prefer cliffs more? anyway, still good. then in the third new screenshot, the 2 thin trees both has 3 rocks(though different in appearance) on the left, it looks symmetrical(well, only on that part).

Level 8
The hills are there for the players not to see the borther of the map. The symetrical thing, I'll change. Desert terrain is 100% done. Just needs to be playable.

Level 6
The hills are there for the players not to see the borther of the map. The symetrical thing, I'll change. Desert terrain is 100% done. Just needs to be playable.
ohhh....
makes sense, but won't they just walk on it?

Level 8
Good luck and could you take a picture of the models you will be using? Like do you have any tauren or troll models you think I could use?

Level 6
i've seen a similar russian site like that before, that started me wonder that russians are good at modeling stuff. too bad it looks more WoW like than Warcraft like.

Level 8
Not legal unless you own WOW or blizzard lets you. I might learn to kin from these models. I won't be using these models in my game so yea. Just needed a good refrence to a tauren model from WOW.

Level 8
Not really. They didn't make a convertor which converts WOW to wc3. They made the WOW model viewer cause WOW has a World Editor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.