• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Un-Named ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Bump. Anyone have a filming program that doesn't suck? I want to make a cinematic to show of some of my terrain.

Level 8
New team member:

The Team:
D.V.D: Terrainer, Ideas, Story Writer
wellwish3r: Trigger Maker

The cinematic will be done by the end of the week so don't worry. Project ain't dead and is in production.

Level 8
He said that he'll remake my combat system to be MUI. now I need ideas from people out there how should range attacks work. Should they be the default wc3 target a unit? Cause the melee attack damages units in front of you dealing damage in a area with stamina.

Level 8
For the warrior, its going to be clicking button E or something. For range, I'll stick with default wc3 but with stamia that decides the damage.

Level 8
It only hits one guy. Thats the problem. I got a idea. What if we added Cleave or something and added stamina but with the same attack? You think it will be good? With normal wc3 attack?

Level 8
Were sticking to the old plan. Now were deciding ranged attack since melee combat system is now 100% complete.

Level 8
Im happy to say, the ranged combat system is made and simulates the wc3 one but with stamina. It has a constant attack but the melee doesn't. Although melee doesn't, melee has a larger splash damage and easier to fight with. The 3rd Person Camera is also done and now, I am working on a Diablo 3 like inventory system. It appears on the screen and isn't full screen so you can still play while its there. We got some more spell idea's and now our project is moving along very nicely with all the systems. The only problem with the map is the terrain. The terrain is far from done and Im not working on it right now but working on the bag system. Im hoping that right after the bag system, I will finish the tauren area in the terrain and if I can't get my hands on the tree model, I will use Nasrudin's ashenvale green tree models mixed with palm tree's.

Level 8
Screenshot of a Tauren Outpost. The tauren area is coming out nice and here's one screenshot:

Untitled-132.jpg

Level 8
Forgot to announce this but we also have another coder on our team from thehelper.net. Sorry for no updates, I've haven't worked on this project that much but in the last few days, I had more free time and I made more of the tauren area and shaped out on of their cities. Screenshots aren't made of it yet since it isn't finished and has a lot of empty area's. But do expect updates soon.

Level 8
Im trying to record the terrain on the recorder I dled but I don't have a program to open up video files and watch them. Can anyone send me a free program to watch video recorders?

Level 8
Thanks. I fixed the problem with the recorder. I've also done quite a bit terraining in the tauren area too so the project is coming along really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.