Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ultimate Battle v2.50

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Warcraft: Ultimate Battle v2.50++
UB Development Team
@Unregret, @ZiBitheWand3r3r and @Wa666r

Installation & Uninstall

***Note: Map-pack required this package to work properly***
- Download package: [UB] Resource Package
- Read Me

- For WC3 TFT 1.26+: Put the map to your WC3 root directory (Ex. C:/Program Files/Warcraft 3/Maps)
- For WC3 TFT 1.28+: Put the map to "Your PC name"/Documents/Warcraft 3/Maps
- For WC3 TFT 1.30+: Under Development....

Current Changes

- Change the way resoures work.
- Tiny size map-pack, all required only one package.
- Fix Tavern Hero Spells.

Map Info

This is a total race compilation. You can play with original AI and custom AI at the same time. This map is exclusive for Hiveworkshop only. No permission to re-post it in other website.

*Note*: Avoid playing Night Elf AI, it may cause lag due to map terrain (Building order of Wisp is stuck by trees and Moon Well). Currently happened with Legacy maps.

*For suggestion about this project or show your interest to add your own race into UB, please create a thread in:
- Project Page & Main Forum/Threads: Warcraft: Ultimate Battle
- Download older version which work for multiplayer hosting: [UB] Legacy Versions
- Download unprotected version, for similar modders: [UB] Unprotected Versions

Credit

If I miss anyone, please tell me.
Suggestion

- Tech-tree Suggestion: @MogulKahn.
- Model Suggestion: @stein123, @Mister_Haudrauf.

Trigger

- Spell: @Kam, @KILLCIDE...
- Tech-tree: @Sunreaver, @Skyfira...

Model & Skin

- Buildings: @Ujimasa Hojo, @Mr.Henci...
- Units: @General Frank, @Apheraz Lucent, @Cavman, @Sellenisko, @PROXY, @stonneash, @NFWar, @JollyD, @Hayate, @Uncle Fester, @Kuhneghetz, @Kitabatake, @JesusHipster, @stan0033, @CloudWolf, @paulH, @FrIkY, @SinisterX, @Hawkwing, @Fokyip, @Legal_Ease, @MasterHaosis, @Wandering Soul, @skrab, @AndrewOverload519, @Tranquil, @Mechanical Man, @takakenji, @Ket, @paladinjst, @Callahan, @Fuzzyfury, @Darkfang, @Mr.Goblin, @morbent, @Sin'dorei300, @Tarrasque, @Grendel, @Kimbo, @Mecheon, @migB, @armel, @assasin_lord, @Haistrah, @CreatorD3292, @CeDil, @exfyre, @Storm_PCF, @Greeksaga, @4eNNightmare, , @dickxunder, @GooS, @Toroto, @Salmon, @AnemicRoyalty, @ReplikanT, @Frankster, @Shiv, @Ergius, @SamuraiPanda, @NatDis, @Elenai, @Norinrad, @kaycei, @Mc !, @Sephiroth_VII, @Illidan_09, @67_chrome, @Golden-Drake, @HandCLAW, @CRAZYRUSSIAN, @Marcos DAB, @Palaslayer, @Praytic, @Hadeis, @Killd0zer, @Mythic, @Pyritie, @s4nji, @Direfury, @CreatorD3292, @UgoUgo, @Ampharos_222, @infrenus, @Edge45, @Thrikodius, @Xelthyr, @The Grim Reaper, @Alastor, @WILL THE ALMIGHTY, @Afronight_76, @wingednosering, @donut3.5, @sigelang, @Dan van Ohllus, @bigapple90, @NFWar, @D.ee, @kitties :3, @CombatTheWombat, @Infinitynexus, @Serbianbeast, @KelThuzad, @Berz-, @JetFangInferno, @tjordell, @chr2, @Rmx, @cyberkid, @Dekku, @Dentothor, @L_Lawliet.

Contents

Booty Bay (Map)

Echo Isles (Map)

Devil's Cauldron (Map)

Lost Temple (Map)

Twisted Meadows (Map)

Andorhal (Map)

Gnoll Wood (Map)

Dustwallow Keys (Map)

Raging Stream (Map)

Divide and Conquer (Map)

Emerald Gardens (Map)

Ice Crown (Map)

1. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not yet, I just think that you can create that race since I heard that you are going to create custom race too. And I believe you will.

2. War3gamer

War3gamer

Resources:
    Resources:
    why did some races has no ai

3. micca

micca

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any plans to update it to support newer patches?

4. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me it is not possible to download the latest version. It just stops downloading after a while. After it downloads 17 mbs of the map, to be precise. Tried to download it many times, ever time it drops to 0 b/s in the end.

And getting Network Error after a while.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  5. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Probably you try to download when I keep editing page topic, try to download again later.

6. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Managed to get it around 50 mbs max, and it just stops. It doesn't download at all.

EDIT: CCleaner fixed it.

Tried Taurens, and damn, I really like them. Few new additions you did are really cool. Few problems though:

1. Tauren Elder doesn't have Pulverize while it is written in the description of the Primalist's spell.
    2. Soul Seer's Rectify doesn't work. It doesn't heal at all.
    3. Spirit Wyvern's upper, passive ability (I guess True Sight) has no description.
    4. Valiant's second spell (I guess War Stomp) has no description.
    5. I would rename Lorekeeper's Serpent Ward into Manabane Totem or Serpent Watcher, to avoid duplicate names.
    6. Electrocutor's Electric Hide has different icon in the building (Forked Lightning).
    7. Uprooted Trading Caravan's spell has no description (I guess it is Eat Tree).

Also, do you need help with the item for the Item Shop? I can thought out some suggestions for you, mate.

I guess Bandits are still not yet finished? Because I can see that you have changed some units, while the others are still there.
    Also, you should change that Wind Elemental model in Dalaran race.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  7. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not yet.

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I played around with the newest version, and I have to say it's definitely an improvement (taking out all the Furbolg). : )

I largely agree with MogulKhan's excellent suggestions (especially to help diversify your models). I think one of the things I've learned about doing "one-race Factions" is that you've really got to find some way to successfully diversify; otherwise it all looks homogenous. One of the best ways to diversify is to incorporate some combination of Constructs (Mechanical units, Elementals, etc) and/or Creatures (non-sentient/sapient critters, creeps, animals, etc)

I think the Spirit Wyvern, the Dragon, the Ram, and the Kodo-rider are definitely good steps in that direction (especially the Wyvern, feels very Tauren to me). However, I have to submit you could go even further. Right now, for example, the "caster barracks" feels very same-y; it helps you have a female & black Tauren, but the other two feel nearly identical. Two of the casters even both have a debuff spell; might be beneficial to really stress the "support/offensive/defensive" caster dichotomy. Maybe even remove a caster & replace it with the Spirit Wyvern?

I also think you could strip out a few more Tauren in exchange for more non-Tauren; not Furbolgs, but perhaps the "Tallstriders" that were in the original Ominous Horizons build, as well as some sort of rider-less Kodo.

I rather like the new Hero added in, and kinda feel like the other 3 are, again, a bit same-y. Nothing about them stands out, whereas the OH heroes (Battlechief, Ardent, Thaumaturge & Plainstrider) all had very strong thematic elements that stood out from each other.

Good luck.

9. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your suggestion. The problems might stay here for a while, but not permanent.

10. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn, man. Bandits are looking good. I don't know about you, but I am really liking them. Really feel like you are playing Defias Brotherood.

Just three things:
    - Enforcer's Vigor doesn't give bonus armor, only bonus damage.
    - Also Taskmaster is using Archamage's model. I would use at least this skin, to differentiate them a bit. HeroArchmage.blp
    - Also, not sure if Harvest Golem's third ability (Deep Wounds or something like that) works.

Also, good decision for Wind Elemental. And I would rename Highmountain into Tauren only. We can make Highmountain Tauren some other day, I guess.

EDIT: Checked Taurens. I see that you have fixed some things, but some things are still there.

1. Tauren Elder doesn't have Pulverize while it is written in the description of the Primalist's spell.
    2. Soul Seer's Rectify doesn't work. It doesn't heal at all.
    3. Spirit Wyvern's upper, passive ability (I guess True Sight) has no description.
    4. Valiant's second spell (I guess War Stomp) has no description.
    5. You have changed name of the totem, but in the ability description, it is still Serpent Ward.
    6. Uprooted Trading Caravan's spell has no description (I guess it is Eat Tree). Also, they need more items.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  11. Penguini603

Penguini603

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, I gotta ask, why give the Pandarians samurai and ninjas as their units when it is pretty obvious that the race is based on ancient china? Like I don't want to be an asshole, but common now, it's not that hard to find unit inspirations based on Ancient China. Total War Three Kingdoms is right there if you didn't want to read actual history books. And like even ignoring that the Pandarians are obviously based on China and not Japan, how does samurai and ninjas fit in with a race of mainly monks?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  12. snikerss

snikerss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found some bugs

In Legion race doomguard dont have atack
    Dranei in breeding dont have option to recruit troops the same thing is in the angelic asylum

My version game is 1.27.1.7085

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    World of Warcraft is mumbo jumbo. No need to be so dramatic. It's not a game of historical facts. It's fantasy. Monks can blend well together even with brothel personnel.

14. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi !

I started playing the map with a couple of friends. Firstly, I have to say: very impressive work, absolutely amazing ! I've just been playing with Dalaran, Forsaken and Nightborne so far. Nightborne lacks an OP unit but then again, I've just played with it like twice or thrice so maybe I didn't get to see all the units more closely.

There are definitely a couple minor bugs like the text on the gold mine or items being displayed in a different position on the screen. Also, I've noticed that choosing Bandit or Legion for the AI doesn't work: the workers for the races just mine gold and don't do anything else.

We're playing on 1.26a, we're using GameRanger, the free version of WC3 (I personally have Reforged bought) and it's been going great, with no drops or lagspikes. On 1.27b we're experiencing a lot of drops and just general lag. For 1.26a, we managed to override the old map size limit by adding 2 files in the WC3 folder and thus we can also play the map together. Normally, without fixing the issue with the map size limit, we could only have played this map separately, in singleplayer. There is a thread explaining how to add those 2 files and how to make them work for everyone wanting to play this map multiplayer on 1.26a (or any other map that has a bigger size than 8MB, iirc).

1.27b causes massive lag and from 1.28 onward you can only play WC3 from a launcher so it kinda eliminates the access GameRanger used to have with older versions. For these reasons, I hope some players might find this comment, and the thread that comes with it, a bit useful.

15. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please you might start a thread in UB discussion pages, it's definitely useful.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @SLICED not sure @Unregret was too clear. I think he meant to write about the map in the Hosted Project forum:
    Warcraft: Ultimate Battle

17. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I understood that but I viewed his comment on my phone yesterday and didn't get to move mine in the hosted project forum in time. I'll do it now ;)

18. Penguini603

Penguini603

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really, and even historically inaccuracy aside, it is a problem with internal consistency. You might as well just give orcs night elf units then if you're gonna say it doesn't matter.

Blizzard themselves consistently shown the Pandarens to be based on Monks, not ninjas and not samurai. Even if you don't give a shit about historical accuracy, it still goes against the established aesthetics of the Pandarens to give them samurai and ninjas. It makes no sense regardless of how you look at it.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're making a huge comparison. Japan was influenced by China. They are both Eastern Asian cultures. They have many similar things. It's not like what you mentioned, a difference between China and Egypt.
    That's another perspective. However, there are probably limitations in regards to models out there and stuff.
    Also, let's be frank here. Tell me the Fire Pandared doesn't wield two katanas:
    pandajapan.png

20. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My inability to find time to respond to this particular line of discussion is killing me... However before it gets too far I just wanted to ask @Penguini603 about some of those Chinese concepts/tropes that they think would fit the Pandaren.

I'm honestly curious; especially about how resonant they are (thematically).