• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UI Modification crashes map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have been experiencing a series of seemingly random crashes, and I am starting to suspect they are UI related.

I have just recently started tinkering a bit with the new UI natives, and now I am receiving some errors in the log files that seems to be related to the UI.

I'm getting this error;
screenshot_3-png.368175

And this is the code in the map;
Lua:
TimerStart(CreateTimer(),0,false, function()
    local size = 0.05
    local num = 4
    local start = (0.4 - (size * num / 2)) - (size / 2)
    local counter = 0
    for int = 11-num, 11 do
        BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetFrameByName("CommandButton_"..int, 0), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, start + (size * counter), 0.05)
    counter = counter + 1
    end
end)

Is there any chance that code can cause the random crashes I am experiencing? I have crossed out faulty models (by having all the units in the map use default models and deleting all doodads), and I have quadruple checked my periodic timers and projectile systems for leaks and whatnot.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Don't you have to use Integer to String to convert int to a string?:
Lua:
BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetFrameByName("CommandButton_"..I2S(int), 0), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, start + (size * counter), 0.05)
Not entirely sure about this.

custom (native) UI usage can crash the game, but only when something bad happens.
Nullpointer Frames, mostTimes in combiniation with BlzFrameGetChild. To small scrollbars. Endless Relative Point Chain....

The shown code doesn't look like it could do that.

That error in the fdf is from a built in Blizzard fdf. Therefore not your concern.

Starting and Creating Timers in the Lua root can produce desyncs in multiplayer.

custom (native) UI usage can crash the game, but only when something bad happens.
Nullpointer Frames, mostTimes in combiniation with BlzFrameGetChild. To small scrollbars. Endless Relative Point Chain....

The shown code doesn't look like it could do that.

That error in the fdf is from a built in Blizzard fdf. Therefore not your concern.

Starting and Creating Timers in the Lua root can produce desyncs in multiplayer.
I see, thanks. I'll keep digging then.

Status
Not open for further replies.