• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with trigger-- crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey so I am currently working on several maps in my spare time on this one map for some reason it crashes randomly if there are NE on the map. I noted this through experience and because of all the "e"s in the crash report. It's strange because it won't always crash, but I would like to say it does about 90% of the time upon start-up. My question is: Is there a way to know which trigger is faulty, if that? Thanks in advance :)

Level 2
looking for the cause is one of the hardest thing to do in game making, need a lot of patients. if you ask is there a way? yes, there is. just check the trigger one by one line by line.. :)

Yeah, I figured that was the best route to take. I was just wondering if there was a more simple approach.

If the crash happens upon startup, check your Map Initialization triggers.

I did, unfortunately, to no avail. It's only when there are NE...and only when a certain trigger takes place I guess because it's not always... I'm gonna check the AI triggers.

The time that it crashes on startup is important too. Example, if it crashes DURING the loading, then it's probably bad object data. But yeah, if it crashes once it finishes loading, then it's trigger related.

Yeah, it's not DURING loading so it's not data but thanks! It is most likely something with the AI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Please !
Please !
DO NOT triple post >_<
Use
edit.gif
instead !

Level 2
No problem :)

So now you just have to check your AI :)

I realized it's the custom NE AI that is somehow glitched. When I disabled the trigger giving the NE AI, the map worked just fine. I guess I'll have to fix that or just make a new AI.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.