• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UB] Resource Package

Level 14
Supported Versions: 2.50
*Note: After extraction, you can still play original maps and campaigns, together with UB maps with the package. If you prefer pure experience, paste the backup file back.

Attachments

• war3.part1.rar
    200 MB · Views: 46,073
  • war3.part2.rar
    200 MB · Views: 37,604
  • war3.part3.rar
    135.9 MB · Views: 38,116
  • Readme - UB.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5,937
Last edited:
Level 3
I tried using this package, game started with no issue, however map loaded for 2:30 mins, then took another 1 min to get to loading screen and at the 12th minute mark I used task manager to stop the process. I got the following error when I was extracting the MPQ file from this package, I was using 7z. File extracts and totals at 613 MB.

PS: Regular maps work with the mpq replaced. Version I am currently using is 1.27b.

Edit PS: I've put the maps in a separate folder: Warcraft III/Maps/Ultimate Battle/ - could that make the process slower?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,391
Last edited:
Level 3
Worked like a charm, only one remark - Andorhal's doodads and trees aren't there. WinRaR did it's work perfectly, no errors happened. Map loads lightning fast and nothing seemed out of ordinary, even creeps kept their names which is awesome.

Level 14
Worked like a charm, only one remark - Andorhal's doodads and trees aren't there. WinRaR did it's work perfectly, no errors happened. Map loads lightning fast and nothing seemed out of ordinary, even creeps kept their names which is awesome.
You should restart the game, remove any data saved from Ruin of Alter map (previous is conflict with the mpq data). And those trees will be back.

Level 3
Now it works fine, thanks!
Amazing work porting the UB to other maps! I love that now it's a mpq pack and not a single map! Hope we get more and more choices in maps later on! Keep it up you got my support and bug testing!

Level 1
I uploaded the war.mpq, and added the maps to my maps folder. The issue I am encountering is when I select the map in the game it pops up but it the selections for team, race, etc are completely blank. Please help I want to play your races so bad.

Level 3
Perhaps I'm missing something. what exactly are the steps to playing the updated 2.5 map? I have installed and extracted each of the files which are all named the same of war3.mpq and placed the first part in my maps folder. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Level 14
Perhaps I'm missing something. what exactly are the steps to playing the updated 2.5 map? I have installed and extracted each of the files which are all named the same of war3.mpq and placed the first part in my maps folder. I'm not sure what to do from here.
3 uploaded parts are actually one winrar file, but due to limit of Hiveworkshop upload file size I have to split it. Just download all of them, then extract it, put inside main Warcraft 3 folder (you should back up the original .mpq with same name). Then start Frozen Throne.exe

Level 3
Am I adding each file to the maps folder? I've added each with different names, tried running (UB) Dustwallow keys with it and its not functioning correctly so I believe Im doing something wrong thanks for the help

Level 14
Am I adding each file to the maps folder? I've added each with different names, tried running (UB) Dustwallow keys with it and its not functioning correctly so I believe Im doing something wrong thanks for the help
What is wrong? Please be more specificed so I can help.
- If map show, cannot start. Check your game version.
- If no doodads showing. Check package.
- If none work. Delete all maps and use Legacy maps.

Level 3
Sorry, the models of units and skins of icons were not appearing. That was what I could tell from loading it for a few minutes.

Level 3
I'm on 1.32.9, every version of those legacy maps except for 2.1 don't properly load certain models and skins. Also the screen will turn bright usually when the pandaren has been selected from what I can tell. I attached a screenshot for reference. Do I have to play using classic graphics?

Attachments

• Warcraft III  Reforged Screenshot 2020.12.22 - 11.20.02.52.png
    Warcraft III Reforged Screenshot 2020.12.22 - 11.20.02.52.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 519
Level 14
I'm on 1.32.9, every version of those legacy maps except for 2.1 don't properly load certain models and skins. Also the screen will turn bright usually when the pandaren has been selected from what I can tell. I attached a screenshot for reference. Do I have to play using classic graphics?
Yes, you are correct. It has to be classic.

Level 1
Hello all right, I'm new to mods, I play the WCIII Nirvana Mod and would love to add all these new races, would it be possible to use them and even play against AI on normal Blizzard maps? Thank you for your attention

Level 1
Hello all right, I'm new to mods, I play the WCIII Nirvana Mod and would love to add all these new races, would it be possible to use them and even play against AI on normal Blizzard maps? Thank you for your attention

Could someone please give me some tips, if it is possible to install WCUB on WCIII Nirvana Mod and use for example the standard Boderlands map from Blizzard?

Level 3
@MarcosP The creators of these AIs/Models/Skins are only available via the maps that they enable them through. You are not able to open them up via WorldEditor so no I don't think your request is possible friend. I could be wrong though.

Level 1
@MarcosP The creators of these AIs/Models/Skins are only available via the maps that they enable them through. You are not able to open them up via WorldEditor so no I don't think your request is possible friend. I could be wrong though.

Thank you for your attention

Level 1
Nirvana uses older DLL and executions to import external resources, the author even claim to release the development kit, but it never came out. So this is where we are.

I understand, this is true, I thank you for your attention, are there plans to use UB in the same way as nirvana, implementing new races and features, in the map and systems of the original WCIII?

Level 27
I understand, this is true, I thank you for your attention, are there plans to use UB in the same way as nirvana, implementing new races and features, in the map and systems of the original WCIII?

For the moment we will continue with the original ideas, however in the future perhaps we should find a way to better implement UB.

Level 5
i am going to sound either stupid annoying or both but i really dont understand the installing process do i take all 3 rawr files extract them but then itll say they all have the same name what am i suppose to do is there something specific i need to do? liek do i need to rename them do i need to place them in different files do i need to do a specific extract in some specific way.... btw on my 1.31 version of the game i cant find my war3.mpq any idea where its at?

Last edited:
Level 3
i am going to sound either stupid annoying or both but i really dont understand the installing process do i take all 3 rawr files extract them but then itll say they all have the same name what am i suppose to do is there something specific i need to do? liek do i need to rename them do i need to place them in different files do i need to do a specific extract in some specific way.... btw on my 1.31 version of the game i cant find my war3.mpq any idea where its at?
Listen - it's one file split in three rar files since it's too big to upload. You need to unrar/unzip these files - just choose the 1st one and have the rest in the same folder and let it unrar everything - it should come to 1 file. the war3.mpq should be in the folder of Warcraft 3, however as it has been stated multiple times - this way of using the mod won't work for you since you are using a version that's connected with Bnet. Just use the legacy version of a map - 2.40 versions.

Level 5
i have a 1.26 version of the game i tired with that and it didnt work i took all 3 rar files into one and extracted them all at the same time and replaced the war3.mpq file i launch the game i go into the map but i cant see any selection screen and trying to launch the map just returns me back

Level 14
i have a 1.26 version of the game i tired with that and it didnt work i took all 3 rar files into one and extracted them all at the same time and replaced the war3.mpq file i launch the game i go into the map but i cant see any selection screen and trying to launch the map just returns me back

1.26 - 1.31: Once you download all 3 parts, extract only 1 of them. Remember to use TFT, not ROC. Choose different map, if you can't play it properly.
Or this one: [UB] Legacy Versions (Remember to restore MPQ file back before use). Works for WC3R v1.32+ too.

Last edited:
Level 5
i did eveythig fine i even checked it said it unzipped all three parts so i doubt thats the problem now i just dragged and dropped ofc told it to replace the existing mpq and still same thing no race selection on the screen and it sends me back if i try to launch the map it could be my game i am trying to get a clean version of 1.26 since mine is modded but i am having bad luck with it anyway i will just be using legacy version for now thanks for everything seriously your devotion is admirable

Level 27
Before i download what they consist of?
This is the resource package required to play the current version of Ultimate Battle. You need to download all 3 parts and then extract the content. There you will find the file war3.mpq that you must copy and paste in your WC3 folder, replacing the original file. Is recommended that you make a backup copy of your original war3.mpq before replacing it.

However, this presents issues with newer WC3 versions, especially Reforged. If this is your case, then don't download this package and instead use one of the available Legacy Versions.

Level 28
Is there any sign that the mod is recognized? Because i extract it, but the game doesn't have any changes whatsoever
Are you using the Classic WC3 or Reforged? If your version is latter, then it might be reason the mod is not working.
Currently, Reforged doesn't support the mod. You can get the older version below. Be sure to use the Classic graphic.
[UB] Legacy Versions

Level 1
Supported Versions: 2.50
*Note: After extraction, you can still play original maps and campaigns, together with UB maps with the package. If you prefer pure experience, paste the backup file back.
i followed the instructions as best i could but i can't get the models for the buildings to work. and i downloaded everything. maybe i missed a step?

Level 28
i followed the instructions as best i could but i can't get the models for the buildings to work. and i downloaded everything. maybe i missed a step?
There are 2 reasons:
1.If you are using Reforged, this might be reason it's not working. You can only play this mod using SD Mode, NOT HD Mode.
2.You are using the latest version (the ones with the map pack) and your game is on Reforged. Download the Legacy Version instead.

Level 27
i managed to do everything and it works perfectly but how do you fix lag
Current versions have issues with lag.

This is supposed to be fixed in the next version, but things and work in real life have kept me so busy these last few months that things have been delayed longer than expected.

Level 1
What is the exact error message you encountered during that problem?
well i somewhat fixed it by just lowering the graphics but i encountered numerous problems with crashing and some ai dont do anything when i play against them idk if its supposed to be like that or did i do something wrong while extracting.
I pretty much put all of the winrar files in to the main folder of warcraft and clicked extract here for all of the three at the same time and when it says that there are exact files which im trying to exctraacct i just click yes to all and also i am using version 1.26

Level 28
i encountered numerous problems with crashing and some ai dont do anything when i play against them
Don't pick up Night Elf as their race during the custom game selection. As the author suggests:
Ultimate Battle 1.jpg

I pretty much put all of the winrar files in to the main folder of warcraft and clicked extract here for all of the three at the same time and when it says that there are exact files which im trying to exctraacct i just click yes to all and also i am using version 1.26
You should make an original copy of "war3.mpq" if you don't want the game to be broken.
Also, if you have Ruins of Alterac map, delete it because those maps interfere the package.

Level 1
Don't pick up Night Elf as their race during the custom game selection. As the author suggests:
View attachment 389889

You should make an original copy of "war3.mpq" if you don't want the game to be broken.
Also, if you have Ruins of Alterac map, delete it because those maps interfere the package.
I made a copy of the main game folder when started downloading UB so if anything goes wrong i know i have that safe folder which is without the UB mpqs and maps