1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Turalyon Hero Concept

Submitted by chopinski
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Turalyon, Lord commander of the Alliance and High Exarch of the Grand Army of the Light. Turalyon, in this Hero Concept, is a main Melee Support specialized in area of effect heals. Thanks to all that have been credited for their awesome work on models, effects, icons and code libraries, and please, if you find that no credit was given to you for your work here or credit were given by mistake, let me know, so I can fix it. Enjoy!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
  • Henry (Warcraft Underground)
  • AZ
  • Mythic
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • NO-Bloody-Name
  • Pyritie
  • JetFangInferno
  • AbstractCreativity
  • Metal_Sonic
  • Redeemer59
  • Darkfang
  • KelThuzad
  • Magtheridon96
  • Bribe
  • Blizzard
For those who cant open the map due to a problem in the editor when trying to load Object Data, get the Object Data here.
Contents

Hero Concept (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
There must be some sort of hero concept competition in Warcraft Undergrounds. In any case, this feels like a labor done with love, something I can appreciate in any endeavor. Spell: Conceptually, the spells presented tell a lot about who Turalyon...
  1. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If your world editor cant open the map because of an Object Data error, here is the Object Data for you to import

Attached Files:

2. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Always a treat to see these, well done.

3. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A pleasure to read those hero concept.

4. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There must be some sort of hero concept competition in Warcraft Undergrounds. In any case, this feels like a labor done with love, something I can appreciate in any endeavor.

Spell:

Conceptually, the spells presented tell a lot about who Turalyon is, and it does so clearly.
    Based on their aesthetic, I can guess that Turalyon is someone who can both heal and harm efficiently.

Spell Mechanics:

There isn't much to say about the spells regarding their memory management and performance,
    so listed below are some suggestions instead:
    • In the trigger "Holy Link", it was indicated in
      HolyLink.onPeriod
      that lightnings don't persist visually in Reforged. A possible solution to this is tantamount to immediately changing the vertex color (alpha) of the lightning object at the given tick (it was 28) and reverting it back to its original alpha value.

• Add a cooldown reduction mechanism for Light Infusion. Such mechanism is based on the following:
      Every time Turalyon gains 5 levels (starting at level 1), the cooldown for Light Infusion is permanently reduced
      by n seconds.

In terms of lists:
      • heroLevel = {1, 5, 10, 15, 20}
      • cooldown = {20, 19, 18, 17, 16}
    • In the trigger "Light Infusion", arc calculation appears to be a bit confusing. You can simplify it from
      360/charges[i]*0.017453
      to
      2/charges[i]*bj_PI

Spell Rating: 4.8/5

0.2 points were deducted because of the presence of magic numbers (numbers that should be stored as constants for readability).
    Hero Concept Approved

5. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Actually I'm the only one who posts at Warcraft Underground Spell/System section, so no competition in place, but this is my favorite thing to do when I have free time to do whatever i want, so yeah, i put a lot of love into it :).

I'll try to implement the changes you suggested, Thanks!

6. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Tried and resetting the lightning alpha or color do not work, so I'm keeping the original approach for now.

Done.

Done.

7. hemmedo

hemmedo

Resources:
    Resources:
    This gotta be your best work so far imo. Good thing is this can be used for many holy based heroes as well such as Anduin, Yrel and Velen etc.

Do you have any plans to make a Khadgar concept? We lack some nice arcane based spellpacks here:)