1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Trundle, the Troll King

Submitted by Rubellu Sidus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Some months ago I was trying to make one of my favorite Champions of LoL in WC3, recently this come to my mind.

I present you Trundle, the Troll King!

Trundle is a melee fighter that can take advantage against Physical Damage Dealers and Tanks by lowering down their Attack Damage and Defenses.

Lore:

Trundle's warband once followed a foolish and cowardly chieftain. Under such a weak leader, Trundle feared he and his kin would fall prey to the other troll hordes scattered across the tundra. When his challenge to the chieftain ended in humiliation, Trundle did something that wasn't very troll-like: instead of his fist, he turned to his wits. Thinking on his hairy feet, he spun a tall tale about the troll leaders of old, claiming they wielded weapons of great power as symbols of their right to rule. Though he'd made up the story on the spot, Trundle wagered that if he could find or steal such a weapon, he would become the rightful leader of the warband. The trolls believed him, but none thought him capable of undertaking such a challenge. Knowing the boastful troll would die trying, the foolish chieftain agreed and Trundle departed to the familiar sound of laughter.

Alone but undaunted, Trundle ventured into the foreboding realm of the dreaded Ice Witch. There, hidden among the many ancient and dangerous secrets, he hoped to find a weapon to prove his elaborate tale. He out-muscled the Ice Witch's guards and outsmarted her dark magic traps, but nothing he scavenged matched the power he'd described to his kin. Finally, he found an unexpected prize: a huge and magical club of never-melting True Ice. Grasping the weapon, he marveled at the cold power that ran through him. But then the wrathful Ice Witch herself appeared. As she summoned her dark magic, Trundle believed he had met his end, but another clever idea struck him. With a knowing grin, he offered the Ice Witch a devious proposition: a troll army, he told her, would be of much more use to her than one troll corpse...

When Trundle returned to the warband, his fellow trolls bowed to his conquest. Calling his weapon "Boneshiver," he took a moment to enjoy the look of numb shock on his chieftain's face before he caved it in. Seizing command, Trundle announced that there would no longer be chieftains - only a Troll King before whom all of his kind would kneel. The trolls rallied behind their brash, new leader and prepared for the coming war. With Trundle leading the charge, the time of the trolls had finally come.

"Outsmart anyone you can't beat, and beat anyone you can't outsmart." - Trundle

ABILITIES:

- King's Tribute - Passive: Whenever an enemy unit dies nearby Trundle, he gets healed by a % of the unit maximum life.

- Chomp: Trundle bites his enemy in his next basic attack, dealing Physical Damage and increasing his own Attack Damage while decreases the target's Attack Damage.

- Frozen Domain: Trundle bring forth the Freljordian winter to an area, increasing his Attack Speed, Moviment Speed and Regeneration.

- Pillar of Ice: Trundle summons a huge pillar of ice that blocks the path, and reduces nearby enemies Movement Speed.

- Subjulgate: Trundle drains a % of Maximum Life of an Enemy Champion and also drains its Defenses. Half immediatly and half over the duration.

Keywords: Trundle, Troll, King, LoL, League Of Legends, Champion, Boneshiver

UPDATE:
  • Pillar of Ice extensions calculated as suggested by HappyCockroach.
  • Now Pillar of Ice does not have a Stand Hit animation anymore.
  • NOTE: The reason the pillar of ice beign unselectable is because in LOL it's unselectable and if you're going to use the model with the same abilities as Trundle have in LoL you wouldn't care about using "Locust" ability.
Previews
Contents

Trundle, the Troll King (Model)

Trundle, the Troll King - Portrait (Model)

Pillar of Ice (Model)

Frozen Domain (Model)

Trundle, the Troll King - New (Model)

Trundle, the Troll King - Portrait - New (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Very nice. They work fine in-game and look good. One minor issue though - the ice pillar is unselectable. Was that intentional? Selectability is better left to the user, since there's the Locust ability. (To fix it recalculate extents and/or add...
HappyCockroach
Changes done, approved.
  1. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A simple model, but I like it. Btw, the pillar of ice model has an unused animation(stand hit).

2. Aroden

Aroden

Resources:
    Resources:
    For a newer model made in Warcraft 3, this looks pretty good. Nice job with the abilities.

3. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks. At the momment I works only with model edition and re-wrapping.

4. Legacy18

Legacy18

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice LoL model, could make model overwatch WC3 Stlye (non ripped).

5. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I don't play Overwatch, sorry.

Nice Touka-Chan pic btw

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Neat heavy use of the Beastmaster/Rexxar model although the nose isn't trollish and the weapon's blade doesn't really look like ice. Apart from that, it's a really good idea.
    3/5.

7. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    First things first:

1. Trundle's Nose is kind oval
    2. Boneshiver's not a blade, its a mace

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, sorry mate... thought this was Warcraft related.
    OK... but it still looks weird (not really like ice).
    4/5.

EDIT: changes made 4.5/5.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  9. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Haha, not a problem. That's why I didn't checked the "World of Warcraft" box. And maybe you're right about Boneshiver...I used the Underground Natural texture, but I'll see with another ones.

10. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cool, in every aspect.
    Love to see more people use in-game textures only and employ them so well.
    Good job.

11. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks, master. Your words means a lot for me.

12. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're most welcome, but please don't call me master. I am just a dude making models for fun.

13. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    A'ight, sorry haha. I also make'em for fun.

14. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    That screenshot, took me a few seconds before I realised it was a sword..

15. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    But is not a sword, its a club... XD

16. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Took me even longer than a few seconds to realise it wasn't a sword, but a club. Still a bit hangover it seems.

17. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Haha, maybe the angle of the screenshot was not good.

18. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It looks like Lei-shen from WoW throne of tunder last boss. It's useful for me on mogu models :D 5/5 +rep

19. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Lol, kinda same indeed haha