• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
Level 2
hmm... it seems this model is the one who makes Warcraft always adventurous and epic!!! what an EXCELLENT MODEL!!! :D

Level 8
5/5....but just because you used your own textures,animations etc. that doesn't mean this still fits to the wc3 type of models...its like cartoon version of the lich king in wow..still the greatest job, though.

Level 2
Hey guys this is the improved version of the Lich King this was approved by Kwaliti himself by the way here it is.

Attachments

• LichKing.rar
    303.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:

Car

Car

Level 1
Animation

Hi,
How can I play animation spell throw? I tried write this string in animation name in abilities(object editor) and I tried call it in trigger editor. Both dont work.
I think spell throw is better, especially for death coil.
Have you any idea? or solution?

Thanks

Level 1
I am extremely pleased with this model. The detail is spectacular. I like how his idle, attack, and movement animations are based on wow's real animations. Perhaps my favorite model I've seen.
5/5

Level 1
Its the best model i have found on this site, but it is problem and my Wc3 cant see it. i see only black shadow instead of super lich king..

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It's a cool model but it doesn't work. Why is that?

You're probably using the wrong paths for the textures.

Well, the model is invisible or something

You need to import the model and the textures and change the paths of the textures from "war3imported\blablabla.blp" to remove the "war3imported\" and simply have the file name as the entire path. Then you need to save the map, close the editor, and open it back up again for it to show.

Level 4
You're probably using the wrong paths for the textures.

You need to import the model and the textures and change the paths of the textures from "war3imported\blablabla.blp" to remove the "war3imported\" and simply have the file name as the entire path. Then you need to save the map, close the editor, and open it back up again for it to show.

Did you import the textures?
Take a screenshot of your Import Manager.

I appreciate all your help but no matter how I tried it still doesnt work!