• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
this is awesome. but he is walking instead of running, but there is a run animation, so what should i do?
Kwaliti said:
That's all the object editor work. For walking and running, you have to experiment with 'Art - Animation - Run Speed' and 'Art - Animation - Walk Speed' as you like. The only thing that's required is for Run speed to have a higher value than Walk speed. If you do it properly, normally the model will run, but if the unit's movement speed drops due to, e.g. Slow, the model will switch to walk animation.

Tadaaa!

Level 1
Awsome

The best Lich King i have ever seen! He looks just like the one from WOW 5/5

Level 17
Import the files.
Set all the paths to
LichKing.BLP
HelmOfDom.BLP
FrostmourneNew.blp
Remove the imported part from the paths.
Go to a unit/doodad/destructible/whatever and set its model to the lich king model.
Save the map and restart the editor.
The model should now show up properly.

Level 1
Why the hell it doesn't work 4 me ? :( Why at every single file apairs an error...? :( How did you guys made it?I followed every single step in the instruction and nothing....exept one because i didn't found it...

Level 1
Ok,I really need a better set of instructions... i couldn't found the model list - portret,and why is giveing me at every single file an error because it couldn't read it? :goblin_cry::vw_unimpressed::ogre_rage:

some peoples don`t allow me to use their model in my map,so......i must ask:)

{EDIT 1}
one problem.....
i have only reign of chaos game and world editor,and you now,you cant import nothin...CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT?ONE SITE?

{EDIT 2}
once upon a time i had the FROZEN THRONE WE AND GAME AND THEN..............STUPID TROJAN HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
This model is so EPIC. Only 1 problem... It doesn't show in-game I saw it in Warcraft Model Editor and it's so awesome just like Alcase Arthas which as I remember is your or have I mistaken... Anyway if it is your I'm having problems with using him too. I do everything I do with the other models :
Art - Model File : Imported Model
Yet I hope that some one will answer me... I WOULD GIVE THIS 25/5 but i don't think I'l manage to do that... :D
TY from now.

EDIT: I found out how to do it :).

Last edited: