• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
Level 2
in fact, is a rip only change the animations and texture, is all of wow, but has a mask of warcraft model

I do not give points

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 17
in fact, is a rip only change the animations and texture, is all of wow, but has a mask of warcraft model

I do not give points

Are you trying to tell us that this is a rip, with different animations, and a mask from a wc3 unit?
Then you are.. WRONG!

He made this model himself, he showed WIP of it as he created it, and he spent ALOT of time on this model.

And if you ATLEAST COMPARE the model with the wow model you will see a HUGE difference, I am getting crazy on all this bullshit talk about this being a wow model, it is not for gods sake!

And nobody tells me to chill down, i have tried to keep it cool long enough now, but this is just going to far. Cant people just live with the fact that this isnt from wow.

Level 1
That Model is Super Special Awesome! 5/5!

only one thing which maybe can be edit... The glow on the blade is awesome, but the blade goes a bit under. You can't really see Frostmourne. So I thought, instead of an complete glow, only the rune-Symbols on the blade (and the eyes on his hilt) should glow, so that the rune-Symbols can clearly been seen. The same goes for your Arthas Model!

But, even if you don't edit it, this is the best Lich King I've ever seen! respect!

I personally think it would have been better if the texture on the face, hair and the fur boot were in the custom blp file as well to avoid texture import clash in case someone imports this model and custom textures for both the ingame Undead Arthas and Deathknight in the same map.

Otherwise, it's an astounding quality and I agree that it's the best Lich King Arthas model for wc3 i've ever seen. It also fits very well with the wc3 engine so it doesn't clash with the other units.

Level 5
Speechless.. What I could've said has already been stated.

Just a suggestion - change Frostmourne's "glow" to a glow .. Or just decrease the current glows opacity and make a new one.
The new one should be a glow, not a surface texture emitter or whatever it is xD
If you check the Frostmourne from WoW, you'll be able to understand what I'm saying .. Hopefully =D

5/5 and +reputation

Level 5
Sogeking

A replica :confused: ?

After seeing the Lich King so many times in WoW, I'm quite sure that doesn't look the same... Maybe it's the color.. or brightness..Or maybe I haven't been looking hard enough :hohum:
Who cares, it's still the most awesome! :thumbs_up:

EDIT:
I just looked up some Lich King screens from wow.. And .. Your texture anim. is great but it's a texture, it covers the mesh, the mesh and the texture don't get randomly separated, unlike the glow. It would've been better if there was a very, very slight glow, so that the texture animation won't look as if it is glued to the sword..But that's just a personal opinion :smile:

Level 1
Hey Guys im New To World Editor. i Imported This Files and change the skins to the following paths:
LichKing.BLP HelmOfDom.BLP FrostmourneNew.blp
after it i maked a new Unit and i Change Models
But i Dont Know why it dosnt Work.
p.l.Z Tell me Why ?

well this can't be ripped coz the lichking as a model in wow came out after this was uploaded, i think. 4 those who play wow (and made a dk) the lichking shown by the dk's start is quite different than this one (and i think this lichking-model had no attack- and 4 sure NO death- animations). the final boss model from ice-crown citadel raid has such anims, but as said, i think it was released later than this model. would like 2 give it more than 5/5, unfortunatly can't, but i think that's the most LEGENDARY and UNIQUE in quality model we got on THW till now!

Level 8
Dan van Ohllus. Just to let you know my post WAS a JOKE i perpously did it because he said in big red pwitty text that he can come up with 10 reasons that it is not the same so i had to do it. it just made me laugh that you continued it and showed your own stupidity.

Level 17
Dan van Ohllus. Just to let you know my post WAS a JOKE i perpously did it because he said in big red pwitty text that he can come up with 10 reasons that it is not the same so i had to do it. it just made me laugh that you continued it and showed your own stupidity.

He made that post for the very reason that probably 20 people (atleast, and i am serious) have said that it IS a wow model.
And i have already reported like 5 posts and i can only imagine how annoying it is for the moderators. They have more important things to do then telling people to stop being stupid on purpose.

So, now when you understand, go do something useful.
If you still dont understand, then you should avoid posting at all.

Level 2
The only problem I have with this model is his attack animation. It just looks gay. No offense. It looks like he's holding the sword too close to his body, and is only using his fore arm to swing it.

Level 4
Hey Guys im New To World Editor. i Importe This Files and change the skins to the right paths following all the steps of the tutorial but when i try to test my map the model is invisible and i don't know why! :confused:
Someone can tell me what i am doing wrong.
I have this same problem with many other models.

Level 2
Hey Guys im New To World Editor. i Importe This Files and change the skins to the right paths following all the steps of the tutorial but when i try to test my map the model is invisible and i don't know why! :confused:
Someone can tell me what i am doing wrong.
I have this same problem with many other models.

All you really have to do is take out that "war3mapImported\" part for most things to make it work. Also saving the map, then restarting World Editor can make it work.

Level 2
one of the best models ive seen..
perfect animation
perfect texture
perfect skin
perfect .....:)

Level 1
Help

I can't upload the model , but I'm using the examples right , it just doesn't work , I'm a new model uploader , is there a max amount of imported files ? It says the type (portrait and normal) are at the category "Other"!

Please help...
:cry:

Level 3
I'm unhappy right now, I have the latest patch,
( I see the blood elf on the menu ) :spell_breaker:
But all I see is a cube. I followed the import instructions and still it comes out the same, Please PM me.

Level 2
While it may not look a lot like the Lich King, it's really damn close for WC3. It's impossible to do an exact replica. Also, out of curiosity, what in-game textures could he have used?
The textures from the imprisoned Lich King model would have done fine, plus the Frostmourne textures in the Arthas (evil) texture sheet.

Hahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

~~~

You gotta be fucking kidding me? Did you even SEE Arthas in World of Warcraft?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/9/models_8203_screenshot.jpg http://graymater.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Arthas_Lich_King.8971147.png

And did you even consider the fact that he worked his ass off for WEEKS to get this mesh, and those textures, and particles, and texture animations, and animations, and all other model shit done?
Firstly, are you telling me that it is based off an interpretation of a model made for a very distinct and stylized graphics set, and then you tell me that this is appropriate for Warcraft, and furthermore that it even fits in with any of the other models?

Secondly, you say that just because he took a long time to make it I should worship it?

Please; nothing is perfect, and nothing should be hailed as such. You especially shouldn't judge a piece of art by how difficult it was to make.

EDIT: Actually, I just realised that since all the animations are the same, and the model is practically idenitcal, it is probably just a decimated rip.