• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
Level 30
all in all, it's pretty sad he died... I mean arthas died... They could come up with the plan of having him get back to life, be again a human (Wow, that never happened in a game (at least in the ones i played)).
It's blizzard's word, they said he had to die, here he lies...
I'm upset that some WoW user's chars killed him...

It would be so cool to see that happen, Uther comes back from the dead, gets his revenge...

Uther wasn't vengeful he was rather forgiving :p
but the whole fight should be a cutscene where arthas fights Tirion or something and the boss battle for the players could be like fighting of incoming minions and scourge generals etc. while darion fights arthas ^^

Level 7
Uther wasn't vengeful he was rather forgiving :p
but the whole fight should be a cutscene where arthas fights Tirion or something and the boss battle for the players could be like fighting of incoming minions and scourge generals etc. while darion fights arthas ^^

Well, yeah... His name already sais that: Uther the Lightbringer. But, a cinematic of the fight would be cool, but, since it happened, no need to make a fighting cinematic... I think.

Level 3
Everyone dies sooner or later damnit. And in most epic stories, it end with the evil people getting killed.
It wouldent make sense to just keep all the evil characters, and then we just stand there, and cant do a damn shit.
What would we do if we are not allowed to kill Illidan, Arthas, Onyxia, Deathwing, Ragnarok, etc..
We need to have something to kill, and it would make more sense to battle known warcraft characters then throwing in new stuff that never existed.

If you go to northrend in wow, and there must be a end-game boss (Lich King), who the heck would it be if it wasnt him?

Everyone must die in the end, just live with it. Lich king was never invincible and he was never suppost to be...

You dont understand what im saying... Im saying that yes, of course, they should make some of the characters killable, but they are killing EVERYONE. I mean, even look at the name of the new wow version: Cataclysm. If it wasnt a slaughter before, it sounds like it will become for sure.

Level 18
Oh god.. Who cares that they're killing every1. Over half of WoW players dont even know what lore stands for, but i've got to say that it's a bit strange how ppl can just go and beat up Ragnaros? It's a god damn lord of fire element. But oh well.. I aint gonna whine about it atleast. And all that pisses you off is the death of Lich king -_-

Level 17
Oh god.. Who cares that they're killing every1. Over half of WoW players dont even know what lore stands for, but i've got to say that it's a bit strange how ppl can just go and beat up Ragnaros? It's a god damn lord of fire element. But oh well.. I aint gonna whine about it atleast. And all that pisses you off is the death of Lich king -_-

Why do you care about Regnaros so much?
Deathwing is like the freaking devil himself, he could destroy the world if he want to, but he got sealed as far down as you could possibly get becouse he was to powerful. And we are probably going to kill him aswell.

Level 17
I didnt say a thing about Deathwing. Cause i said Ragnaros as an example, even Ragnaros is too powerful to be defeated my some random nabs

Why does the player count as random "nabs"?
I bet that for example thrall is a totally normal orc, with the skills of a warrior. Still they make him like 1000000x times stronger then a full geared, strong damn warrior?
That doesnt make sense either. The point of wow, is that the player get to choose their own path, and make their own adventure, and give you the feeling of that you are a part of the lore. And that is just what they do.
If you think realistic, a guy that dont do a shit for ages (Arthas), against an army of constantly training warriors and heroes... The army would win.
But you guys start to talk like "Zomg, arthas is invincible, he cant die", Since when did blizzard make him invincible? He was a normal person with a curse from the frost mourne. That doesnt make him invincible.

But like i said before, lets get back on topic, i tryed to ignore this, but you guys just cant let it go, you just continued to complaining after we were done with this damn discusion.

Level 3
You still dont get it... Im not saying anyone should be invincable. what im saying is THAT THEY SHOULDNT KILL EVERYONE. Killing everyone leads to destruction of the game itself. What will they make after deathwings death? No one left to kill... Thats my point.

Oh, and we should get back to the topic, but theres nothing more to say. The model is just perfect.

Level 48
How can you not get it? It's just a warrior. You can compare a level 60 Orc Warrior to a grunt. You can compare a level 80 Blood Elf Priest to a priest from WC3. You can compare a level 80 Dwarf Hunter to a rifleman. Just how Arthas at level 10 could destroy whole Human\Blood Elf\Naga bases(alone, or with Anub'arak) in the hands of a WC3 player, he should be able to kill a few grunts, or priests, or riflemen. Realistically, an Alliance knight should be more powerful than a Human Warrior(WoW).

Level 15
This is a review
Even if this model is so epic and awesome, it still has some leaks to be director's cut, so I screened some leaks in magos and now I will show them in this post. Everything started from that red dot on his right shoulder, so I though I will see all of the model.
Tell me if you need description's for the pics

Attachments

• Attack1leftleg.png
    Attack1leftleg.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Attack2bothlegbelly.png
    Attack2bothlegbelly.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Attack2cape2.png
    Attack2cape2.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Attack2cape.png
    Attack2cape.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Cape start.png
    Cape start.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Capehand.png
    Capehand.png
    55 KB · Views: 155
  • Capehandleft.png
    Capehandleft.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Capeleftshoulder.png
    Capeleftshoulder.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Deathgroundswordsaw.png
    Deathgroundswordsaw.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Downshoulder.png
    Downshoulder.png
    20 KB · Views: 135
  • Helmet2 stand2.png
    Helmet2 stand2.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Helmet stand2.png
    Helmet stand2.png
    69 KB · Views: 288
  • Helmet stand3.png
    Helmet stand3.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Lefthandleg.png
    Lefthandleg.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Red dot.png
    Red dot.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Rightleftbelly.png
    Rightleftbelly.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Shouldertexture.png
    Shouldertexture.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Sword handle.png
    Sword handle.png
    34 KB · Views: 745
  • Swordhandle stand2.png
    Swordhandle stand2.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Swordhandle stand3.png
    Swordhandle stand3.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Texturechangewalk2.png
    Texturechangewalk2.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Texturechangewalk.png
    Texturechangewalk.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Upwalkshoulder.png
    Upwalkshoulder.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 120
  • walkbanner.png
    walkbanner.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Walklegleft.png
    Walklegleft.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Walklegright.png
    Walklegright.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 147
Level 17

You do realize that that isn't seen in-game and that clipping occurs even in the best commercial games?

Also, you totally ignored the model description which said that Magos fucks up the model.

And the fact that hiveworkshop does not rate after the best commercial games out there :p
The mentioned issues with the model is almost like a joke.
In wow, you can see through the draenei females head if you look from the side and through the eye. And no one did ever compain about that :p
This model deserves 6/5.

Level 17
can someone setup a working way to get the model? i use windows vista

Import the resources to your map and change the paths to the ones mentioned below the model description? It really isnt hard at all.

In world editor, open the import/export window, choose to import a file, choose the ones used for this model, and change the paths of the imported resources to the ones mentioned.

Level 17
ok guys....please stop your conversation now, or create a thread somewhere else about it. This model simply does not deserve it.

^This^
Stop talking about wow models now for gods sake, it wont lead anywhere.
It is just stupid to talk about it.
I have already reported one post and it got removed.
So just stop it.

And no, it does not look like a wow model, compare them for gods sake, okey, so they both are arthas and they both look similar, but the models is very different.

Level 3
im gonna use this this in my hero arena!!!
Edit:eek:f course il give credit is where where credit is due

{EDIT}
Nvm i cant use it (i dont know why i cannot use it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
SO WHAT!!?!??!?! its a WoW rip!! but modififed by aliens! to fit in wc3

^

at the risk of sounding stupid at sarcasm (which I really can't detect), WoW rips are when you extract the file from WoW itself... but this is much more different than the original, i mean look at its sword and the armor, and its eyes.

Level 17
What the heck...?
Stop talking about wow models.
This is not related to the wow model in any freaking damn way.
If anyone say it one more time i will report it to a mod.
The mods already told you guys to shut it becouse this model does not deserve this.
It is a very nice piece of art, and all you guys talk about is ripping wow models.
I dont feel like having to report the posts again.

Level 1
I love the model but my only problem is that he isn't channelling spells
<---- like this :p

Last edited:
Level 11
Too much WoW rip talk :facedesk:

pls help me ! i try it but i couldn't put in the game but i in turn i fallowed this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...utorial_import

in the object editor i haven't got " Art - Model - Portrait " line i've got only "Art - Model" line, pls help me. In the game i see only a green cube

(sorry about my lame english)
1) Do you have the path set correctly
2) You don't need to set the portrait, just the model
3) Redownload the model, set the path correctly, and try it ingame. Sometimes the model will never show up in the world editor except as a green box (Even after restarting it) but it is ingame.

pls help me ! i try it but i couldn't put in the game but i in turn i fallowed this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=5le66k&p=tutorial_import

in the object editor i haven't got " Art - Model - Portrait " line i've got only "Art - Model" line, pls help me. In the game i see only a green cube

(sorry about my lame english)

make sure that the paths for the textures are right....

the textures should have this paths (copied from first page)

LichKing.BLP
HelmOfDom.BLP
FrostmourneNew.blp

Level 15

You do realize that that isn't seen in-game and that clipping occurs even in the best commercial games?

Also, you totally ignored the model description which said that Magos fucks up the model.

Lulz :D I mentioned it's epic and awesome, damn, I know it deserves (no doubt) DC! SURELY! Someone had to show some criticism, that must have surprised you, you gifted bastard xD

Level 17
Its not like it says
Animations
Stand - 1
Stand - 2
Walk
Stand Ready
Attack - 1
Spell Throw
Death
Dissipate
Stand - 3
Attack - 2
Walk Fast
Spell Channel
Spell
In the "More Details" part of the model description..
Ohh wait.. it does :eek:

People does not even check what the model can do before giving comments :S