• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
Level 2
I am not sure what you expect WIPs to prove ;I

EDIT: I mean, the model is meant to be a WC3 version of a WoW model...

Also, why did you choose not to use existing textures?
What I can gather is that you decided you wanted a higher resolution than WC3 standard (to make it somewhere in between WC3 and WoW standard?)... Not sure why though.

I am not sure what you expect WIPs to prove ;I

You're claiming the model to be a rip. I can prove otherwise.

Also, why did you choose not to use existing textures?

I used some of them. The rest were quite unappealing.

What I can gather is that you decided you wanted a higher resolution than WC3 standard (to make it somewhere in between WC3 and WoW standard?)... Not sure why though.

Not sure why? I wouldn't want to see Arthas in a form of a couple of connected triangles running around. A major lore character such as this deserves quality.

Level 2
We already have every other major character running around in the same number of polys :I
It just doesn't make him fit well.

I was joking about the rip bit you know :3
Read the thread, people are having a huge rage fest argument about it being a rip/not ;D

Level 2
Anybody help me?

I downloaded this model and the icon for it.
The Icons work for me, the models don't for some reason and even when I save the map and open it again, it reappears as a green cube instead of a model of the Lich King.:huh:

Level 1
the model seems to be working in the world editor when i place the unit it shows the lich king but when i test the map i cant click on or see him whys that? :goblin_cry:

Level 1
hey do u know how to apply this model to every map ?

I mean for example if i choose the map icecrown, then replace arthas(evil) and death knight's model for lich king model in world edit,then i spawn Death knight in game melee it does have lich king's model..But when i play another map i spawn Death knight it has the old model. I want the model to apply to every map i play can anyone help ?.

Level 2
I cannot see the model

Men, please help me I cannot see the model it's only a cube with black and green boxes even I restarted my WE and correcting the paths it really doesn't show the model please reply how to fix this.

I would appreciate your help and work.

Level 4
dear GOD O_O This is..... INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! I have seen some ba models in my time, but my friend, i have seen few that even RIVAL this model PERIOD! id plus rep you if i knew how...

Level 1
Thank you

I have been looking for a skin of the lich king to put into my scenario, and i found yours, you are a god among men , thankyouthankyouthankyou 100/10.... GREAT JOB, now i'm off to make my dream of the ultimate campaign come true ^_^

Level 1
I've tried the model and like what other posts mentioned... this model is fantastic !!
Thanks for creating this model, man. I love it.

Look forward your future works. :)

Level 1
:)GJ m8 great model!Teh only problem iz'he walks 2 fast.Guyz if 'ur yousin'thiz model just increase hiz size a litle and lower hiz MP(movement speed).5/5.

Level 2
Awsome model! its super awsome! im rateing it a 5 out of 5 for awsome animations, awsome texture, awsome almost everything except file size its file size is wayyyy too high, but other then that, its uber, good job!. :thumbs_up: