1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TrollRanger

Submitted by Uncle Fester
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the fitting archer to my other tribal Troll units. He usually patrols with other Troll rangers the forests near their villages, in order to ambush and bring Silent Death to any unaware enemy within their territory! The mighty composite bow allows firing from a long distance without losing on damage, which enables the Troll to hide behind bushes and suddenly open fire by surprise! They're well-feared amon enemy troops, coz of their incredible campuflage and ambush abilities, which have costed them many good soldiers already! Another advantage of these Trolls is their ability of brewing different poisons and applying them to their arrow-heads, which makes their projectiles even more lethal! Despite to popular believe, they're seldom used for hunting purposes, in fact, they're used for long-range archers in open field combat or as sneaky stealth-killers in the jungles. The most frequent use is to let them ambush approaching enemies before the battle in order to lower their number and weaken the survivers. I hope you like it! Feel free to use it in any way you want (incl. editing). Have fun with it!

Keywords:
Troll, troll ranger, troll archer, ranged combat unit, archer, ranger, tribal ranger, tribal archer, tribal ranged
Contents

TrollRanger (Model)

TrollRanger (Model)

Reviews
22:18, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: i like the fact that it deviates from the trolls that we see here because of that mohawk. it could've used some more polies though. and some more spikes.
  1. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Another Troll for the new troll race,great addition to my new map.
    +rep our dearest uncle Fester :D

2. ~DARK~

~DARK~

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very Nice My Unlce 5/5 :)

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    yeah some Hero glow maybe. Though i think Trolls would rather have melee-warriors or shamans as heros, archer-heroes fit more to BElves and NElves. :wink:

No bother, buddy. The changes i told you about are made in Magos (a.k.a. Model Editor). :wink: No need for Yobgul's tools in this case....

exactly. :goblin_yeah:

i was thinking about a pigtail maybe, but IMO it fits even lesser. WoW is a game for itself, so it will have more stuff than WC3. :vw_unimpressed:

I wanted to make him different....just not always the same hair-cut/style. :wink:

lol, why? I tried others as well, but i didn't realy like them. :vw_sad:

They're actually 4 spikes. :wink:
    But anyways, thx for the suggestion :thumbs_up:

thx, dear neffew :ogre_hurrhurr:

4. Anthraxboy

Anthraxboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Real nice series of models so far. Are you planning a map?

5. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hm, yes and no. No, it's not a map, @ least not my map, but yes, after i made a few, i got an offer for making more for a project. I'd rather make an RPG-map, where you play a Troll warrior who becomes later the hero. It would be a map of Stranglethorn (Sunken Ruins tileset), where different jungle troll tribes live and humans and such try to expand into the forest for harvesting ressources and goodies and a bitter war between their colonies and the troll tribes breaks free. It would be a multiplayer map, in which each troll tribe is PC-controlled, except for a few heroes, which are controlled by different players. The tribes are rather neutral @ the beginning and depending on the actions of the players, they'll be either friends or enemies during the game. It will be the players' decision wether they make peace among the tribes and go allied against the colonies or not. But that's just fertile fututre plans so far....so don't see it as a sure thing yet. :vw_unimpressed:

as for the project mentioned above: I'd like to re-direct you to MidasEntertainment for more details. It's his project. He just asked me kindly and i agreed to support it. :wink:

6. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The 4th one is sticking out of the neck, so I didn't count that one. It looks awkward having only 3 spikes on the actual top of the head; it needs at least 5 spikes on the head, in order to still right, like a spiked mohawk, or something. But with just 3 spikes on the head itself, it looks awkward, like spiked pigtails gone wrong or something.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  7. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    lol :grin:

8. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nc model.....

9. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    ty :ogre_haosis:

10. BrothForMyPeople

BrothForMyPeople

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool model, not too high file size. But the hair is a bit weird. 4/5

12. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Thx! I wanted to make him a different, unique hair style ;)

13. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, and i like the "punky" style xD. But it looks like... Spykes? Instead of hair. I mean, i like the idea but i dont like too much how it looks like ingame. I guess is hard to model hair in w3 so its fine.