• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll Snake

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
This is a troll snake. I made this model to keep testing the updated Retera Model Studio build I was working on, and make sure the internal systems of the program were working properly. As such, this model is a just a test and an evening doodle, and I consider it open source for anyone to edit this model without asking me. It would be nice if you give credit that I made the original, if you make something derived from it that still resembles the original.

The model is a merge between a Troll Berserker and a Naga Siren with a bunch of animation tweaks to try to make a mostly seamless character using bits of both animations.
(This exhibits some amount of manual work, but the underlying technology behind this kind of merge has been available to our modding community for at least 10 years, so I do not see this model as particularly innovative.)

After I made this model and wanted to upload it, I had a strange, strange feeling of deja vu and began to wonder if someone else already made this exact model on Warcraft III and so I spent actually quite a lot of time browsing results in Hive models section under "troll," but thus far I did not find a model like this, so maybe I am mistaken in my feeling of deja vu.
Previews
Contents

Troll Snake (Model)

Troll Snake Portrait (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Please fix the negative extent and track issues pointed out by HIVE's Sanity Checker.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
👀 Homina homina homina homina 👀

I'm loving this guy, even if only as a base for a cool Troll Druid/Shaman of the Snake (or alternate form thereof). Very nice.

You may be thinking of @Misha 's "Lujka" model (sorry, on mobile, so no link): it's a fancy troll hero archer model, but it has an alternate form that's a giant naga-like snake person, with troll tusks/armor/feathers/such.

Maybe don't get too excited. "It is what it is" so to speak -- a partially computer-generated, half-berserker, half-siren merged model that barely keeps together. If an artist were drawing this from scratch, or spending a great degree of time with the model, they might spend more time making the troll top where it attaches to the naga torso do a better job of counter-balancing the snake tail, so it looked a little less "stapled on."

Edit: Although it does not have a custom skin, the Troll portion is loading the texture file of a Forest Troll at 40% alpha overlayed on top of the texture file of the Troll Berserker, so that the coloration of the troll fits a little better with the coloration of the naga tail -- a tail which is more green than the Troll Berserker skin.

Edit 2: as far as in-game textures, you could also use Naga Summoner with Forest Troll to get a green tail and green body:

1680921201362.png
1680921225767.png

Edit:
1680923789303.png

Seems to be also possible to do this on Reforged but the issues editing Reforged animations because of their needless computer generated complexity meant that I ran out of patience before finishing the Reforged version, so I probably never will.

Last edited:
👀 Homina homina homina homina 👀

I'm loving this guy, even if only as a base for a cool Troll Druid/Shaman of the Snake (or alternate form thereof). Very nice.

You may be thinking of @Misha 's "Lujka" model (sorry, on mobile, so no link): it's a fancy troll hero archer model, but it has an alternate form that's a giant naga-like snake person, with troll tusks/armor/feathers/such.
The name of that troll cobra-naga form is 'Slith' :b its somewhat ultimate blessing a few snake gods/loa can give. i chose it for Lujka for that reason.
and that model took ages to get right, you probably won't get people willing to do that amount of animation editing these days :gg:

Last edited: